Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The attendance was announced as 6100 during the game

Should have been played at Somerset. Smaller, proper old school terraced stadium. With a 6000 crowd the place would have been bouncing for a cup final.

5 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

If you can find a ground with a grass pitch and enough capacity a fortnight after the end of the SPFL season, then crack on.

Not my job to find a pitch only posted because it is my opinion. Not sure but think only 2 plastic pitches in the premier west which i think makes an unnaturally game for both teams

3 minutes ago, Geo61 said:

Somerset emoji106.png

Was a great place for junior finals
Went to a few Jackie Scarlet finals there canny beat it

Wonder if any of the smaller senior grounds are considering getting safe standing. that might be a future option. 

Wonder if any of the smaller senior grounds are considering getting safe standing. that might be a future option. 

The only way forward to bring the crowds and atmosphere back to Scottish Football.

30 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Looked like there was quite a few empty seats either end of the stand Glenafton supporters were in?

However if the capacity of the 2 stands are as you state totals 9300, don't see how there was only 6100, never 3200 empty seats.

happened in last seasons final as well, large differences between official and actual attendances.... maybe down to "tax reasons"....;)

Well done to the Glens.

Butch was the only player that looked like doing anything for Talbot.  Major rebuilding job required there imo.

Seen a few comments blaming the pitch but if you can't play passing football on a carpet like that then you never will.

Well done to Glenafton,

Looking at the program today and both teams road to the Final. In the first round Glens were 3-1 down to Broxburn and scored in the 90th and 92nd minute to get the replay. That's the stroke of luck that all teams need to win the cup

You lot can't play passing football on a carpet despite doing so all season.

You hardly go and watch your own team so how the feck would you know if Cumnock play passing football or not? 1 things for sure they play better football than Talbot anyway

Just got home. 10pm. Wow what a long day. Welcome the Afton.

On our way into the ground with my family we had to walk past where the Talbot supporters were waiting to go into the stadium.

As we walked past a group of Talbot fans a chap walked up to me with his hand out straight. "Good luck mate, so I'd like to thank that chap. Really nice gesture I though

Thank you Talbot fans [emoji122][emoji122]

4 minutes ago, bawrash said:

You hardly go and watch your own team so how the feck would you know if Cumnock play passing football or not? 1 things for sure they play better football than Talbot anyway

The thing is Cumnock fans actually believe this when their sole tactic is to lump the ball up to Anson all the time

Archived