Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not read the 53 pages on the Final but personally enjoyed the game, the only thing I would add is why didnt Glenafton bring the Trophy over to their support after the presentation to show it off and let the fans join in the celebrations? The media had them posing for photos in front of an empty Stand, then had more photos taken with their backs to their support at a distance.By the time they came near their own support with the Cup, their followers had long since left the ground and missed out on photos for the album.Youve won it so flaunt and share the occasion with your fans and let the media grab phots of the fans joining in. Well done all the same.

Not read the 53 pages on the Final but personally enjoyed the game, the only thing I would add is why didnt Glenafton bring the Trophy over to their support after the presentation to show it off and let the fans join in the celebrations? The media had them posing for photos in front of an empty Stand, then had more photos taken with their backs to their support at a distance.By the time they came near their own support with the Cup, their followers had long since left the ground and missed out on photos for the album.Youve won it so flaunt and share the occasion with your fans and let the media grab phots of the fans joining in. Well done all the same.

Totally agree. Team should have walked the length of the stand with the trophy. But they also didn't do it at loch park ( take the league trophy to their stand ) we had to make our way to the exit at loch park to even get a glimpse of it.

Even then the trophy was getting passed between players and their families. I though the players should have grouped ( after formal photos ) in front of both stands ( Kilmarnock & loch park) so we the supporters could have our wee bit of time snapping away for our photo album.

Alas it wasn't to be. But we have next season to get it right. Right lads [emoji18]

Totally agree. Team should have walked the length of the stand with the trophy. But they also didn't do it at loch park ( take the league trophy to their stand ) we had to make our way to the exit at loch park to even get a glimpse of it.

Even then the trophy was getting passed between players and their families. I though the players should have grouped ( after formal photos ) in front of both stands ( Kilmarnock & loch park) so we the supporters could have our wee bit of time snapping away for our photo album.

Alas it wasn't to be. But we have next season to get it right. Right lads [emoji18]

To be fair Talbot done the same when they won it in 1949

To be fair Talbot done the same when they won it in 1949

Time then for a PR exercise for both clubs [emoji16]. It's all very well the players and families and management too having their photos with the trophies. But as supporters all we ask is for a little time for us the paying public to have our time acknowledging their achievements. without their families in every photo. Players and management only. I don't think that's unreasonable [emoji51]

Ten minutes for a team photo, then the team and management can have as many photos as they like with their families and quite rightly so.

Roll on sat just maybe a treble winning season for the Afton.

2 hours ago, Glens lad said:

I'm sure they do . So what's your point ?

The point is after Alba and all other official duties are seen too, the Police, Stewards , and Stadium officials then decide what can be done and what cant. There has been plenty pictures of the team with fans and the cups since Sunday and last night(wed) again their were plenty opportunities for you or anyone else to join in. 

The players are all very accommodating, if anyone was wanting pics taken all you'd need to do is ask & they would oblige happily!
I personally think they take the pics with backs to own fans so they have their own fans & colours in background of the pics, which is better than opposition in background I feel.
The trophys have been in Campbell Hall for all to get pics taken, which has been great for fans.
Let's hope come Sat we have a 3rd trophy to add to the collection & we'll all be wanting more pics taken!! C'mon the Super Afton

I have a team picture from last night with the Players and their league medals with the cups, and you are more than welcome to it.

I really appreciate that gesture. I'm fine thanks [emoji1303]

I only mention the pitch invasion because I'm not privileged enough to have a high viz waist coat that allows me access to the park. [emoji23] ( yes I seen you on Sunday.
Only messing you do a magnificent job for the Afton [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Thank you. I was in Edinburgh last night ( complete waste of my time). So missed the game. But I'll be there this Saturday.

I see Conor on the front left. Any word on his injury?

Great photos. Thank you [emoji1303]

Archived