Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

I would like to thank Tommy Sloan, backroom staff and Talbot players for their sporting gestures at full time, and the Talbot support that stayed behind to cheer their own team getting their medals and being very supportive when the Glens lifted the Cup,  This is what its all about.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

I would like to thank Tommy Sloan, backroom staff and Talbot players for their sporting gestures at full time, and the Talbot support that stayed behind to cheer their own team getting their medals and being very supportive when the Glens lifted the Cup,  This is what its all about.

Also noticed Tucker shaking Glens players hands at full time Class act.

1 hour ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

Some of the support stayed behind, probably the regulars, most of them were long gone before any presentation was made.

Just took in the game watching it in alba.

Very good game big crowd with a few chances from both sides. The winning goal was worthy so all the best to the Glens.

Great respect to the both set of fans for the applause for Big Sam.

The bar standard is now with the Glens. So is up to us to match and beat them next season.

2 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

Just took in the game watching it in alba.

Very good game big crowd with a few chances from both sides. The winning goal was worthy so all the best to the Glens.

Great respect to the both set of fans for the applause for Big Sam.

The bar standard is now with the Glens. So is up to us to match and beat them next season.

Just had a shifty through the posts due to not having time due to work commitments. Apart from the usual band of Talbot haters there was some genuine commiserations for Talbot which as a Talbot fan I greatly appreciate. I won't go into the game because at the end of the day the cup is in New Cumnock and well done to the Glens and the honest supporters who follow the club through thick and thin. I was deeply proud in the Talbot players on Sunday, they put up a great show despite injuries forcing them to change the formation which the Glens did well trying to exploit. The Glens have now set the bar and we have to really compete to get the better of them. Canny wait till next season.

8aff611797496eb2004b0fd7fdf41e70.jpg

Love this photo. Just the sheer joy of both players and fans

This photo jus sums it right up for me!!
The passion of both Cairnsy & Conor is there for all to see ..... and the joined by all the other boys, just glorious!!!
Let's hope we can get enough fit bodies to go again against Girvan tonight after the exploits of our league & cup double celebrations!!! Let's do a trophy treble

The Glens recipe for winning the Scottish went something like this, sign half a dozen players from your two biggest rivals, (usually not first choice players), three from Cumnock three from Talbot, use them as a nucleus and build from there. Oh and throw in an ex Nock player as assistant.

When you get to the Scottish Cup final with that team and are drawing with about fiteen to go get Ex Talbot Park to lay off Ex Cumnock Cairns and hey presto, the rest is now history. :-)

The Glens recipe for winning the Scottish went something like this, sign half a dozen players from your two biggest rivals, (usually not first choice players), three from Cumnock three from Talbot, use them as a nucleus and build from there. Oh and throw in an ex Nock player as assistant.
When you get to the Scottish Cup final with that team and are drawing with about fiteen to go get Ex Talbot Park to lay off Ex Cumnock Cairns and hey presto, the rest is now history. :-)

Lol. How the f**k did hurlford fail with that similar mix. ? [emoji23]

Archived