Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

4 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Actually, the parallels to tomorrow's match are quite stark. An over the hill Talbot team against an apparently better Glens side. Think all the pundits had Glens specks on that day due to Rough's connection, one of them even said Glens had more fans they just got everything wrong because of their senior bias and lack of Junior knowledge. Yep was hardly worth Talbot turning up that day it was said! 

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant video from killipiyo,very very good and started the old stomach butterflies,must say gormley reminds me of gordon mills,same kind of style and stature,also my all time favourite talbot strip.the old terraces at firhill take a lot of filling in them days,plus i recall it was cold and miserable that day until the sun came out when talbot were lifting cup.i can also recall the pubs round firhill,which are abundant were packed with fans watching on tv to escape the chill that day.

8 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

Are you considering putting yerself back up for a free transfer this year KP or have you found your true home?

Aw good one!!! :rolleyes: Been at the Bot longer than i was at Voldeford now I think? Where I'm from you could have moved there when a day old and then be 80 and still be considered as being 'from away' :lol: the moon is a funny old place^_^

19 minutes ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

Technology nowadays should be easy for BBC alba tae hae English commentary then Gaelic for the areas where large population o that place speak gaelic

There is NO part of Scotland with a majority of Gaelic speaking inhabitants. Even the Utter Hebrides, home of the late lamented Angus Ogg, he of the Daily Record in the 1970's, are mostly English speaking

Let me tell you more ......Auchinleck Talbot best team in juniors for 30 odd years certainly most successful,best pitch and stadium in juniors ,best supported team in the juniors,its only fair we have best cameraman in killypiyo,in the juniors,the creme always comes to the top.

20 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

There is NO part of Scotland with a majority of Gaelic speaking inhabitants. Even the Utter Hebrides, home of the late lamented Angus Ogg, he of the Daily Record in the 1970's, are mostly English speaking

It's mental. If you had to finance a TV station with only the money of Gaelic speakers you'd be lucky to afford the broadband to set up a YouTube channel.

Red button English commentary option please. 

(PS before anyone quotes me that "x amount of folk speak it", please understand that I really don't care enough to answer you, thanks). 

The BBC only park fund BBC Alba the other half is funded by Mg Alba who's remit under the communications act is to provide Gaelic only programming for Gaelic speaking people no matter how few or where they are located in Scotland. That's all perfectly reasonable.

They can only subtitle a small handful of programmes as they see fit, programmes that are recorded or partly scripted. They don't subtitle live events which the junior cup final obviously is.

Any football that has had subtitles have been games that have taken place two or three hours before hand.

Even if they could use English that would involve bringing in a whole new commentary set up to run alongside the Gaelic team for the English version just not gonna happen

52 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Let me tell you more ......Auchinleck Talbot best team in juniors for 30 odd years certainly most successful,best pitch and stadium in juniors ,best supported team in the juniors,its only fair we have best cameraman in killypiyo,in the juniors,the creme always comes to the top.

Let me tell you Fullashit shareholder best supporters don't go on public forums and run down young players that play for their team now away into the corner and behave yourself. 

Best stadium lol 
1) junior football ground are not stadiums
2) you're attempting to pass yer opinion on the best ground as fact
3) worst comment I've ever seen in 7 years on here, best camera man, disrespectful to every other cameraman
>

Got to agree. This is torture viewing this btw lol

I was only trying to defend killipyo from the snidey post that came before,threads about the two teams both towns and their fans,no need to be going after a man who commits hours of his time to bring us videos like the one earlier.

but come on afton bear the worst comment ever,is there any lies in that post.

1) loch park is not a loch

2) are you doing a law degree

3) i think thats the best post if your a talbot fan.

2 hours ago, tell_me_more said:

Let me tell you Fullashit shareholder best supporters don't go on public forums and run down young players that play for their team now away into the corner and behave yourself. 

we always hear if their good enough,age shouldn't come into it,they should play,ive watched and gave the player a full season before i criticized and in MY opinion is not talbot class at centre half striker or central midfielder.

Archived