Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt there is a football strip of any teams colours that has not got  some kind of sponsorship on it, the deal done with this sponsor is excellent and was quite rightly taken up by Glenafton, sponsors are very difficult to get on board these days so well done to those that managed to get such a high profile company. 

I doubt there is a football strip of any kind that has not got  some kind of sponsorship on it, the deal done with this sponsor is excellent and was quite rightly taken up by Glenafton, sponsors are very difficult to get on board these days so well done to those that managed to get such a high profile company. 

Definitely agree with getting sponsorship.

I just don't like it plastered over the front of the jersey. That goes for all clubs

Maybe understand it been on the teams shirt. But I don't see why I should have to have the sponsors logo on my hard earned football top.

Your stuck with it, goodness me if thats whats causing you grief heres hoping we dont get beat Sunday.

Not grief. Just don't like logos. Simple

I wouldn't have bought if they would cause me grief. Just my take on sponsorship displayed on shirts. I'm not having a go at Afton I'm talking in general

And Sunday is our day [emoji6]

Pitch side advertising should suffice for their sponsorship money.

In the real world thats not the case. Glens got a great deal and I'm delighted as it brings much needed revenue in to the club.
We live in a world where sponsorship and money particularly in junior football is hard to come across.
Not an issue for me, every football strip ive had since I was about 5 yrs old had had a sponsor. Its not about betting or alcohol so fine by me [emoji106]????[emoji460]

I'm sure every club gets a good deal that's why they take it. I'm just against the logo on the replica top. That's all nothing more nothing less. I wouldn't buy my boys tops back in the 80s because the tops were advertising alcohol. Even today a certain Glasgow club is still doing it.

This isn't about Glenafton and their sponsorship deal. Hell we need it.

Just my opinion about shirt advertising. [emoji6]

Anyway my logo embossed Afton top shall be worn with pride on Sunday. Regardless of my views on shirt advertising. ( fine for the team to have it, they are the ones getting the sponsorship) we as supporters should have the choice to have or not to have. The sponsors don't pay me to wear the jersey[emoji23]

The whole business of strips is very often a contentious. There are a few strips in football that are instantly recognisable, it is my opinion that Talbot's distinctive black and gold stripes black shorts and black socks with gold tops is one of those. It is for me a work of art that competes with any Matisse or Renoir, a sheer visual feast brilliant in its simplicity and vibrant in it's use of simple colour and contrast and as such should, in my humble onion, not be f*cked with! Unfortunately trends fashions and human instinct to change and interfere sometimes result in fixing and f8cking up that which is not broken. I don't like the cup final top on that premise. However, I, like many others will not give a monkeys if Talbot win.

The Glens strip is, with all due respect, unremarkable and although a fairly trendy contemporary design, just like countless other red and white kit. Where as Ajax and Bankies use those colours cleverly thus creating a definite distinction.

I personally think the whole sponsorship thing works both ways so replica tops should show the sponsors logo - the club gets sponsorship in return for displaying & advertising the sponsor for that season or event, that obviously extends to the fans who purchase the strip as they too then assist in getting a sponsors name out on view.

For example for the bigger clubs that extends to the strip producer (Nike / adidas / puma whatever it may be) and they too gain from it; are you saying too then that the supplier logo shouldn't be on the replica strips too? As at end day you are advertising their products too.

Anyway, back to the football folks!

2 sleeps to go ..... the excitement levels are building. Was great to see New Cumnock Primary School having a red and white Glenafton day wi the kids today with them all dressed in their team colours to show their support for the club. The kids were all looking the part.

Let's get behind our respective teams and have a great day on Sunday.

My family and I are setting off early on Sunday, (noon) as we don't know what the parking will be like in and around the stadium, once we find somewhere to park we will go for lunch.

What's your plan for Sunday?

The whole business of strips is very often a contentious. There are a few strips in football that are instantly recognisable, it is my opinion that Talbot's distinctive black and gold stripes black shorts and black socks with gold tops is one of those. It is for me a work of art that competes with any Matisse or Renoir, a sheer visual feast brilliant in its simplicity and vibrant in it's use of simple colour and contrast and as such should, in my humble onion, not be f*cked with! Unfortunately trends fashions and human instinct to change and interfere sometimes result in fixing and f8cking up that which is not broken. I don't like the cup final top on that premise. However, I, like many others will not give a monkeys if Talbot win.
The Glens strip is, with all due respect, unremarkable and although a fairly trendy contemporary design, just like countless other red and white kit. Where as Ajax and Bankies use those colours cleverly thus creating a definite distinction.

Get the marbles oot yer mooth ya plonk

"competes with any Matisse or Renoir, a sheer visual feast" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Continuing in the artistic vein Isa,surely some credit is due to the guys at Glens who have obviously involved the talented folk at the Toulouse-Lautrec school in the design of their Cup Final outfit.:)

Archived