Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

I for one, don't really care about the senior Scottish Cup in the grand scheme of things! Winning the Scottish Junior Cup means more to me personally, maybe in the minority there, I don't begin to know! If the Glens are fortunate enough to win on Sunday then I'll be over the moon, what happens after that will take care of itself! [emoji3]

Doubt you'll be saying thatvif you drew Ayr Utd or Killie in 4th round. Senior Scottish games are magic !

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

He loves the action because somebody paid him £30. You could have got a New Cumnock woman to do the same because the resemblance is remarkable.

Our gaffer got asked by bbc Alba to do the commentary or something for this game but isn't around this weekend.No sure who's doing it now not that many on this thread will care as they will be at it!

Think if this game were in any other competition bar the Scottish then glenafton would be favourites, but Talbot are like no other in the Scottish cup and they know how to get the job done so well and are correctly favourites for me due to this aspect . Been over the course so often . 

I get what you are saying and this is still a very decent Talbot side but does this really apply to this cup final hertha?

Just now, rednblack said:

I get what you are saying and this is still a very decent Talbot side but does this really apply to this cup final hertha?

For me it does as nothing beats the big occasion experience when players have been through it so often like the Talbot players , remember about 6 years ago we beat Talbot something like 5 games in a row and then we were drawn against them in the Scottish cup , they beat us soundly at beechwood and they were a different animal in the cup compared to the other games , it just seems to always bring the best out in them . 

Yeah but that's six years ago you can have all the experience and know how but if the legs have gone and or the form is not there or the same quality team mates it counts for very little does it not past glory.

He can't see your posts unless somebody quotes you.[emoji1][emoji1]

He can see it. The clown thinks he is smart but been informed by someone in the know that comments are seen. Its just hidden behind a tab called "spoiler"

It hurts him that he can't break his guise along with fanjeeto of the Juniors [emoji23][emoji23]

BBC alba have released on their website a preview of when they visited both towns to be shown at half time.Its in Gaelic so ill do my best to translate.On approach to new cumnock the streets blend in to backdrop of southern uplands,only on closer inspection it appears thats because council have bulldozed most of them.Asked about the state of local housing market an insider revealed"see since the glass cheque's been removed by ginger companies,you could hae a three bed in lanemark for 6 curries 3 barrs an1 alpine,its a disaster nothin moving.We moved to shopping plaza in leafy greenbraes,where flourecent shell suits and prominent footware like dunlop flash and tunis fae bata seemed to be attire of both male and female.Closer to loch park was aquatic centre where another local explained "wish it would hurry up an open so i can get a wash wi warm water,sinky no much fun in winter.While there two groundsman from faroe islands were picking brains of glens groundsman on how he can get the moss to cover whole area of pitch,as climate very similar in both areas.At this point we await clearance from quarantine to visit Auchinleck.

complaints address for glens lad at BBC alba at Humour Bypass,Ive found how to do smiley faces,G2 FUK

Take a look at the transfer thread that said poster is all over and ruined it by an attempted character assassination.
The Mod came on with some pointers.
Enough said.

Anyway this game can go either way with the Glens being a very dangerous opponent.

First final since Pollok that i feel we might not win. Glens are very dangerous. Team of the moment

They aren't though.
Talbot 21/40
Glens 11/8 with McBookie.

I wouldn't like to call it, but "outsiders" Glenafton are definitely the value bet.

Apologies i bow to your superior knowledge mate , i just presumed afton would be cos theyd won the title

BBC alba have released on their website a preview of when they visited both towns to be shown at half time.Its in Gaelic so ill do my best to translate.On approach to new cumnock the streets blend in to backdrop of southern uplands,only on closer inspection it appears thats because council have bulldozed most of them.Asked about the state of local housing market an insider revealed"see since the glass cheque's been removed by ginger companies,you could hae a three bed in lanemark for 6 curries 3 barrs an1 alpine,its a disaster nothin moving.We moved to shopping plaza in leafy greenbraes,where flourecent shell suits and prominent footware like dunlop flash and tunis fae bata seemed to be attire of both male and female.Closer to loch park was aquatic centre where another local explained "wish it would hurry up an open so i can get a wash wi warm water,sinky no much fun in winter.While there two groundsman from faroe islands were picking brains of glens groundsman on how he can get the moss to cover whole area of pitch,as climate very similar in both areas.At this point we await clearance from quarantine to visit Auchinleck.
complaints address for glens lad at BBC alba at Humour Bypass,Ive found how to do smiley faces,G2 FUK

Very funny I love it. [emoji122]

Talbot are a very difficult team to defeat in any final as their history shows, but im quite confident the Glens are very capable of bringing the cup to New Cumnock, and if any team can beat them its this Glens Team. So here's to a good cup final between two top teams.

Nipped into Loch Park tonight to see some of the training.

Really pleased to see the boys looking fit & ready for Sunday, and looking really relaxed yet focused.

My bet is Dallas to score & Glens win 2-0!

Hope everyone enjoys their day, and night. And that the minutes applause in 5th minute is special too to recognise the legend that is big Sam McCulloch.

8 hours ago, happy said:

For many years the Talbot centre half/back wore the number 9 jersey.

Aye but he was No 5 in everyone's mind, so it's the right move to do it in the 5th minute. I think it's a great gesture and I'll join in while I'm watching it on the net. Big man was my boyhood hero.

Archived