Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A dont really know much about both sides mate just going from what a havr heard off alot of ma mates that play junior football

Don't tell anybody. But Talbot have won this Scottish junior cup eleven times ☹️. But it won't be twelve [emoji6]. Because the league winners ( Glenafton) are going back to New Cumnock with the double [emoji23][emoji471][emoji471]

the plot thicken's i reckon its going to be some final a lot of pride and passion in this game for all the marbles ! and i'am gonna get me some ! so set me up a pint in the Killie club i will be there !!!

2 hours ago, A.M said:

Saw this today in Auchinleck, very good

IMG_1814.PNG

Respect!  This is great to see.  I hope it makes an appearance at the game also.

Sam was a thorn in Glens side for so long when he played with Talbot, but people shouldn't forget he also played for Glens & lived in the village of New Cumnock.

i really hope his family get to see this, I'm sure they will.  Show how loved and fondly remembered he really is.

2 hours ago, bigsimon said:

Just going with what a have heard mate

Not sure who your sources are but the glens have beaten Talbot twice this season and beat them to the league title. Can see it being a tight match and Talbot can never be counted out especially in the Scottish

Apart from auchinleck winning the Scottish cup 11 times or so.why is this enough for everyone to go for auchinleck 1 or 2 -0 winners surely Afton results over the season and as league winners gives them Ia slight edge or is it who plays on plastic better. I agree tight game but
Glenafton should win this game x

10 minutes ago, darkcloud58 said:

Apart from auchinleck winning the Scottish cup 11 times or so.why is this enough for everyone to go for auchinleck 1 or 2 -0 winners surely Afton results over the season and as league winners gives them Ia slight edge or is it who plays on plastic better. I agree tight game but

Entitled to your opinion M8, but cup finals are a different beast. A bad referee decision, a team freezing due to the occasion or a fluke goal could decide this final. As Davie Provan said in the pre-match talk before the 1992 final. There is only going to be one winner and that's Glenafton.

5 hours ago, darkcloud58 said:

If you go by form linlithgow should have beaten  talbot in the 2013 final.Well that didn't happen,did it!   :)

3 hours ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

Looks like the big yins handing the cup over to the afton lol 8)

Sam had scored the winning goal in the junior cup at brockville when that pic was taken.He can look whatever way he wants.  :lol:

Glenafton are rightly favourites to win after there title win , but u can never write off Auchinleck Talbot especially in the Scottish cup , theve been the benchmark team in junior football for years .
All statements that have been said a million times before but always relevant , i think talbot will win 1-0 .

Glenafton are rightly favourites to win after there title win , but u can never write off Auchinleck Talbot especially in the Scottish cup , theve been the benchmark team in junior football for years .
All statements that have been said a million times before but always relevant , i think talbot will win 1-0 .

Can't argue with you about Talbot's pedigree. [emoji1303]

But now for the spanner in the works. [emoji23]. Glens to win 1-0.

Archived