New clubs in the East of Scotland

The WoS seems to have imposed an end of March dead-line for applications from potential new clubs. Is the same dead-line in place in the EoS?

Even with additional relegations from the 2nd Division there could be four vacancies in Div.3. Any likely applicants showing yet? Presumably the usual Cupar Hearts speculation but nothing much else in time for next season? 

Edited by Dev

7 hours ago, Dev said:

The WoS seems to have imposed an end of March dead-line for applications from potential new clubs. Is the same dead-line in place in the EoS?

Even with additional relegations from the 2nd Division there could be four vacancies in Div.3. Any likely applicants showing yet? Presumably the usual Cupar Hearts speculation but nothing much else in time for next season? 

Going by the Scot Scores amateur rankings, Leven United, Tollcross Thistle, Doune Castle, Greig Park Rangers and Alva might want a new challenge. 

7 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If there winds up being a Tullibody team down the road hopefully it will be Tullibody Hearts who have been around for decades and have unearthed plenty of players who have gone onto have strong careers in the game rather than some BSC Glasgow/Alloa/Cumbernauld clone.

Are they around? 

Doesn't seem to be anything like BSC or Open Goal. Just a local lad trying to fill a void as non-league alternative as other teams seem to have folded. While its on this thread there's no grand delusion about applying to the EoSFL this year. Looking to set up shop in the local amateur league and see how it goes. 

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Are they around? 

Doesn't seem to be anything like BSC or Open Goal. Just a local lad trying to fill a void as non-league alternative as other teams seem to have folded. While its on this thread there's no grand delusion about applying to the EoSFL this year. Looking to set up shop in the local amateur league and see how it goes. 

If by 'local lad' you mean 'attention-seeking loser newcomer with more club affiliations than Jim Hamilton's playing career', then sure. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

If by 'local lad' you mean 'attention-seeking loser newcomer with more club affiliations than Jim Hamilton's playing career', then sure. 

Is this the boy that used to do the media stuff for OG Broomhill? 

27 minutes ago, RedLichty said:

Seems a lot of the media guys are the same, the guy at Tranent has been at just about every other club in the region.

As far as I know he's only been involved with the one club under different names once they set up in Alloa as it was fairly local. Carried on once Open Goal took over but soon found himself a spare part since Open Goal is a media project.

Was considering offering his services to another club, but has decided to set up a team in Tullibody. His home town, just bought a house there, and there's nothing in the town right now. They're only looking to start as an amateur team in the Stirling & District league. So aren't exactly being overly ambitious.

58 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

As far as I know he's only been involved with the one club under different names once they set up in Alloa as it was fairly local. Carried on once Open Goal took over but soon found himself a spare part since Open Goal is a media project.

Was considering offering his services to another club, but has decided to set up a team in Tullibody. His home town, just bought a house there, and there's nothing in the town right now. They're only looking to start as an amateur team in the Stirling & District league. So aren't exactly being overly ambitious.

That doesn't suit the narrative of the offended. They want them to be desperate to get into the Lowland League. 

On 10/01/2023 at 11:36, LongTimeLurker said:

If there winds up being a Tullibody team down the road hopefully it will be Tullibody Hearts who have been around for decades and have unearthed plenty of players who have gone onto have strong careers in the game rather than some BSC Glasgow/Alloa/Cumbernauld clone.

Did they not fold at some point?

Haven't been paying too close attention but the Alloa Advertiser may have been monitoring this thread:

https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/23238516.clacks-man-set-tullibody-st-serfs-football-team/

..."Long term, the plan is that we'll have a team for if we can get into the pyramid but we would always maintain the amateur scene that's open to anyone...

Edited by LongTimeLurker

A bit like the Lowland League when Broomhill Sports Club applied basically. Think what's important with any club entering the pyramid is that they should be very much grounded in a certain community with their own ground and not one guy's ego trip that basically amounts to a bag of strips that can flit from town to town to achieve licensing through a groundshare with whatever club with a 4G playing surface will take them. 

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A bit like the Lowland League when Broomhill Sports Club applied basically. Think what's important with any club entering the pyramid is that they should be very much grounded in a certain community with their own ground and not one guy's ego trip that basically amounts to a bag of strips that can flit from town to town to achieve licensing through a groundshare with whatever club with a 4G playing surface will take them. 

Worry about that if it ever happens they are joining an amateur set up just because they would like to get to pyramid doesn't mean they will

20 hours ago, virginton said:

Nice to see that you're still on here talking shite. 😀

So aye - Mozza here. TLDR, there is no team left in Tullibody (not many in Clacks full stop), hence me trying to get one off the ground. We're awaiting confirmation of joining the Stirling & District Ams just now and any conversation about the EoS will be parked until we can get proper facilities etc in place - likely a good few years away.

After leaving the one club I've worked for, figured I'd put my efforts to good use in our home town. Fingers crossed there's enough appetite to make it a success. As @FairWeatherFan says, had a fair few offers but this felt like the best use of my time.

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

So aye - Mozza here. TLDR, there is no team left in Tullibody (not many in Clacks full stop), hence me trying to get one off the ground. We're awaiting confirmation of joining the Stirling & District Ams just now and any conversation about the EoS will be parked until we can get proper facilities etc in place - likely a good few years away.

After leaving the one club I've worked for, figured I'd put my efforts to good use in our home town. Fingers crossed there's enough appetite to make it a success. As @FairWeatherFan says, had a fair few offers but this felt like the best use of my time.

Good luck. Whether people like or dislike the Broomhill/BSC situation (which seems entirely different from this one), I think it should always be encouraged for people to start a team in their community; particularly when none currently exist.

Tullibody is bigger than a number of towns/villages with non-league clubs so you'd think it would be able to support a football team, even if it's an amateur one.

It's a shame that about 10 clubs in the Stirling area play in other amateur leagues in the Glasgow area, there used to be 45 clubs in the Stirling & District five years ago https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirling_%26_District_Amateur_Football_Association#Member_clubs

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

As far as I know he's only been involved with the one club under different names once they set up in Alloa as it was fairly local. 

There was nothing 'fairly local' about that rancid organisation at Broomhill, what with it playing a full hour away from the community it fraudulently claimed to represent.

Surprising that such a dedicated champion of the local grassroots scene had no scruples!

4 hours ago, Born To Run said:

So aye - Mozza here. TLDR, there is no team left in Tullibody (not many in Clacks full stop), hence me trying to get one off the ground. 

I'm sure that Alloa or Sauchie would be delighted to have some extra volunteer help. But then that wouldn't be all about you. It's unsurprising that any such 'offers on the table' would be rejected in favour of 'make mah Fitba Manager team'. 

Just to observe a little anniversary... it was 5 years ago tonight that Dalkeith Thistle announced they were applying to join the East of Scotland League:

Exciting future for Dalkeith Thistle     Club Announcement: East of Scotland League - News - Dalkeith Thistle FC (archive.org)

Somehow it seems longer ago... they were ultimately followed by another 25 clubs that year, followed by 2 the next, then 10, then 11 last and 1 this season.

On the way Kelty have won promotion to LL then SPFL2 & 1, Bonnyrigg to LL then SPFL2 plus Bo'ness Utd and Tranent to LL. Those clubs and Blackburn, Broxburn, Camelon, Dalkeith, Dunbar, Dundonald, Dunipace, Easthouses, Haddington, Hill of Beath, Jeanfield, Musselburgh, Newtongrange, Penicuik, St Andrews, Sauchie and Syngenta have all become licensed SFA members (also LTHV and Tynecastle).

Bo'ness Utd, Camelon, Crossgates, Dunipace, Musselburgh, Linlithgow, Luncarty and Tranent have won cups (also Heriot-Watt Uni) - some including Broxburn have made Scottish Cup R4, while several including Penicuik and Sauchie have beaten SPFL opponents.

Would take too long to list ground improvements/U20 participations/etc. Certainly proved an effervescent half-decade with a national emergency thrown-in too.

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Just to observe a little anniversary... it was 5 years ago tonight that Dalkeith Thistle announced they were applying to join the East of Scotland League:

Exciting future for Dalkeith Thistle     Club Announcement: East of Scotland League - News - Dalkeith Thistle FC (archive.org)

Somehow it seems longer ago... they were ultimately followed by another 25 clubs that year, followed by 2 the next, then 10, then 11 last and 1 this season.

On the way Kelty have won promotion to LL then SPFL2 & 1, Bonnyrigg to LL then SPFL2 plus Bo'ness Utd and Tranent to LL. Those clubs and Blackburn, Broxburn, Camelon, Dalkeith, Dunbar, Dundonald, Dunipace, Easthouses, Haddington, Hill of Beath, Jeanfield, Musselburgh, Newtongrange, Penicuik, St Andrews, Sauchie and Syngenta have all become licensed SFA members (also LTHV and Tynecastle).

Bo'ness Utd, Camelon, Crossgates, Dunipace, Musselburgh, Linlithgow and Tranent have won cups (also Heriot-Watt Uni) - some including Broxburn have made Scottish Cup R4, while several including Penicuik and Sauchie have beaten SPFL opponents.

Would take too long to list ground improvements/U20 participations/etc. Certainly proved an effervescent half-decade with a national emergency thrown-in too.

The East of Scotland League has also expanded its boundaries northwards too with Luncarty joining and winning the Alex Jack Cup this season 

You didn't even dare mention the dread proliferation of THE DEVIL'S ILLUMINATION :lol: