New clubs in the East of Scotland

46 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

An open forum possibly isn’t the right place if anyone is such a sensitive soul that being called stupid is offensive. 🤨 

And I believe using the BR term was incredibly stupid.

0630CE88-6A75-4875-A60E-AF507DE31295.jpeg

Aye, 1. 'OFFENSIVE' it says. 

But you've cropped out:

2. A person who is physically deformed and has learning difficulties because of congenital thyroid deficiency.

On 16/04/2021 at 09:00, GordonS said:

Do I need to put you on ignore as well?

This type post is one of a couple of reasons why I went from originally thinking @GordonS was an alright poster  to thinking he was a pompous w**k. Clearly thinks he’s something special posting like DD should give a f**k if he’s “on ignore”. 

20 hours ago, andrew21 said:

Throwing sh*te at folk is 8milebu's modus operandi allegedly. 

^^^ Refers to 10 year old made-up nonsense. Joined: Tuesday. 🤨

And aye, if you’re the kind of eejit that believes utterly ridiculous and obviously made-up nonsense.

19 hours ago, GordonS said:

I don't know why he bothers, he knows I've had him on ignore for a long time so I don't even see his red dots. I sometimes notice if I look at my profile that he's been through a bunch of my previous posts randomly across the board and red dotted them. He seems to have some sort of hard-on for me while I don't think about him at all. It's a bizarre fixation and it can't be a sign of a healthy mind.

First I’ve been made aware of it tbh but oh well just more fibs from G. No doubt prompted by another petted lip from over the flints telling you to. Probably the same one that was calling you numerous insults and slagging you rotten whilst I was claiming you were a decent poster.

18 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Yeah but 8Mile uses it as a term of abuse for catholics. ipso facto 

Plain old lies. Should’ve posted evidence of that so as not to look like a pathetic c**t.

Edited by 8MileBU

7 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Aye, 1. 'OFFENSIVE' it says. 

But you've cropped out:

2. A person who is physically deformed and has learning difficulties because of congenital thyroid deficiency.

Yes, as it is completely irrelevant given the context of the post and the recipient being no more than a username to me. Think you’re trying too hard if you’re genuinely trying to imply it’s use as per above. 

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Yes, as it is completely irrelevant given the context of the post and the recipient being no more than a username to me. Think you’re trying too hard if you’re genuinely trying to imply it’s use as per above. 

But can you see how some people might be offended by the use of that term, regardless of your intent and the context?

Edited by Che Dail

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

I don't know why he bothers, he knows I've had him on ignore for a long time so I don't even see his red dots. I sometimes notice if I look at my profile that he's been through a bunch of my previous posts randomly across the board and red dotted them. He seems to have some sort of hard-on for me while I don't think about him at all. It's a bizarre fixation and it can't be a sign of a healthy mind.

Just a thought. Have you lived such a sheltered life that you have to put people on ‘ignore’ if they give you a red dot? 

Not everyone is going to agree with everyone and if you don’t argue back, just get on with it without sulking. Also if you bother that much, why do you need to check your own profile to see who / who hasn’t red dotted you - vanity? 

I know nothing about the City reserves application but I don't know why they didn't say they would use the main pitch at the new Meadowbank which is artificial unless Leith Ath are going to share the main pitch with City.

Peeking at New Meadowbank the other day the "cage" looks a bit like the pitch Leith used to play on. I'm not a great fan of such places but one or two clubs in the WOSL seem to play at similar. Given new improved ground strictures the old pitch Leith played on probably wouldn't be EOSL standard now.

7 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Edinburgh City Reserves rejected due to no guaranteed access to Meadowbank, and the 3g cage not meeting standards. So down to 11 applicants now.

Any idea whose applications were rejected by the board? There were six of them of which two will be Letham and Forfar. But who were the other four?

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So that presumably would mean Edinburgh College, Syngenta, Bo'ness Athletic/Thistle?, Bathgate Thistle, Armadale Thistle, Whitburn, Fauldhouse United, Stoneyburn, West Calder United, Livingston United, Pumpherston as the eleven to be voted on by the existing members.

Sauchie Reserves?