New clubs in the East of Scotland

3 hours ago, patriot1 said:

What do we know of Edinburgh College?

Ps, they will be joining subject to their application being approved.

Edinburgh College took over the Civil Service Sports ground at Muirhouse where Strollers play. They might even own the land there now, I'm not sure.

They built some covered 5 a side pitches there. I suppose there's room for an enclosed pitch next to Christie Gillies Park or are they proposing to share with Strollers? 

53 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh and Glasgow Universities have been playing football  and taking part in the Scottish Cup and associated competitions for nearly 150 years.

Edinburgh University are the oldest team in the East of Scotland League and also have the hottest pies and delicious cakes so deserve some respect.

My post wasn't meant to be a criticism of the university sides. Simply saying that I don't think it's fair to claim that a college side joining the EoS is strange when we already have university sides. I don't see much difference in the college joining.

12 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

There is a tie up between the Spartans Community Football Academy and Edinburgh College. The other possibility is that Edinburgh College will play at Ainslie Park.

They play there on a Wednesday afternoon for home games in the Bucs league would on the rare occasion use Marine Drive.  Marine drive is used a lot for classes during the week so guessing will either link up with Spartans or Civil for a home ground with it most likely being Spartans I’d guess 

Edited by Krul and The Gang

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So the 12 that will be voted on are as follows?

Edinburgh College, Edinburgh City Reserves, Syngenta, Bo'ness Athletic/Thistle?, Bathgate Thistle, Armadale Thistle, Whitburn, Fauldhouse United, Stoneyburn, West Calder United, Livingston United, Pumpherston

What about sauchie reserves 

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Don't know for sure what the outcome was but I assumed that one would get knocked back as a club can't have two teams in the EoS at the same time.

They could do the same as boness. I'm sure we will find out soon. Has it been confirmed about Edinburgh college and Edinburgh city or is it usual rumours and they are one in the same

19 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Is it the close proximity of the ground to a particular place of worship that sees you hightailing it so urgently?? 

8358FC29-C749-4BAE-9A16-B50DC3AEEEB5.jpeg

0E8799B5-FBF1-4DFE-A6EF-04C3ADC8CF36.jpeg

Cretin.

You've used an offensive term to castigate someone for using an offensive term 😬

Or is it irony?  Hard to tell these days 🙂

Now you've got it off your chest, why not move on and enjoy the sunshine? Life's too short to waste time and energy following another person online with red dots 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, andrew21 said:

Throwing sh*te at folk is 8milebu's modus operandi allegedly. 

Always thought he was a fairly lucid contributor tbh, as is the recipient of his current ire.  

The campaign seems unnecessary and unproductive.

1 hour ago, Che Dail said:

You've used an offensive term to castigate someone for using an offensive term 😬

Now you've got it off your chest, why not move on and enjoy the sunshine? Life's too short to waste time and energy following another person online with red dots 🤷‍♂️

I don't know why he bothers, he knows I've had him on ignore for a long time so I don't even see his red dots. I sometimes notice if I look at my profile that he's been through a bunch of my previous posts randomly across the board and red dotted them. He seems to have some sort of hard-on for me while I don't think about him at all. It's a bizarre fixation and it can't be a sign of a healthy mind.

To explain this for those who have more sense than me and don't venture onto the General Nonsense forum, on the Prince Philip thread I used a term to describe a small subset of hardcore Catholics that apparently bigots use to describe all Catholics. It's like "****" doesn't mean all protestants, it refers to staunch protestants. I thought it was crystal clear from context what I meant by it, but apparently not.

I was raised Catholic, my family is Catholic, I went to Catholic schools, I was an altar boy, I married a Catholic in a Catholic church, my son was baptised Catholic and both my children are currently at Catholic schools. Literally the only reason I'm not Catholic is because I lost my belief in God. The term I used is common currency among my Catholic friends, including a priest, to refer to hardcore Catholics.

But this board being what it is, the resident juvenile wind-up merchants will now follow me around forever accusing me of being some sort of bigot. Anyone that does it goes straight on ignore. And that's my first and last post on it on the football side of this board.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They could do the same as boness. I'm sure we will find out soon. Has it been confirmed about Edinburgh college and Edinburgh city or is it usual rumours and they are one in the same

I was on a fishing trip to see if anyone in the know would divulge more info. Hopefully we get back to that after the world record attempt immediately above for how often you can use the word Catholic in the same sentence.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

To explain this for those who have more sense than me and don't venture onto the General Nonsense forum, on the Prince Philip thread I used a term to describe a small subset of hardcore Catholics that apparently bigots use to describe all Catholics. It's like "****" doesn't mean all protestants, it refers to staunch protestants. I thought it was crystal clear from context what I meant by it, but apparently not.

I was raised Catholic, my family is Catholic, I went to Catholic schools, I was an altar boy, I married a Catholic in a Catholic church, my son was baptised Catholic and both my children are currently at Catholic schools. Literally the only reason I'm not Catholic is because I lost my belief in God. The term I used is common currency among my Catholic friends, including a priest, to refer to hardcore Catholics.

But this board being what it is, the resident juvenile wind-up merchants will now follow me around forever accusing me of being some sort of bigot. Anyone that does it goes straight on ignore. And that's my first and last post on it on the football side of this board.

Yeah but 8Mile uses it as a term of abuse for catholics. ipso facto 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Not a term I'm familiar with or particularly offended by - but what's more important is that others do find it offensive and you must respect that.   

I think 8mile is right to call it out.  But this is an online forum for ordinary football supporters / private citizens, and not a position in public office or in professional journalism, so I'm not sure what's to be gained by prolonging the point / criticism. 

And the spat has nothing to do with football, or the topic of this thread.

Just now, Che Dail said:

Not a term I'm familiar with or particularly offended by - but what's more important is that others do find it offensive and you must respect that.   

I do respect that, which is why I haven't used the term again and have said I wouldn't. But I don't respect those who aren't Catholics and are pretending to be offended in order to score points on the internet, which accounts for a lot who've mentioned it. This goes double if they're also fans of a club that's institutionally sectarian.

I think 8mile is right to call it out.  But this is an online forum for ordinary football supporters / private citizens, and not a position in public office or in professional journalism, so I'm not sure what's to be gained by prolonging the point / criticism. 

Surely it's obvious he's doing it because he's a d1ck?

And the spat has nothing to do with football, or the topic of this thread.

Obviously. But do you really think I should have left that accusation hanging on here, where people will see it, not know the context and wonder what it was about?

FWIW nothing in your post served any purpose other than to prolong it. Can we leave it there now?

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Yeah but 8Mile uses it as a term of abuse for catholics. ipso facto 

^^^an insight into what this guy's attitude is towards ex-junior clubs from former coal mining areas like West Lothian.

On 23/09/2020 at 10:17, 8MileBU said:

If that’s a thinly veiled dig at my post then I think you need to look beyond or even forget about the number of employees/furlough etc and consider how clubs reliant on gate money are supposed to cover their operating costs (i.e. electricity bills if floodlights are used over winter etc) if the season is to go ahead as planned. 

On 23/09/2020 at 11:18, invergowrie arab said:

Yours and a couple of others.

The survival of Coal Pit Dandelion JFC is rightly about a millionth on anyone's agenda.

On 23/09/2020 at 11:23, Marshmallo said:

Easy for you to say if you are not in a community where Coal Pit Dandelion JFC represent a massive part of your life.

On 23/09/2020 at 11:29, invergowrie arab said:

Even in the darkest of times it's always worth remembering there are those worse off than yourself.

Thanks 

Vile smart arse bigot desperately trying to explain himself.

You have been exposed leave now

4 hours ago, Che Dail said:

An open forum possibly isn’t the right place if anyone is such a sensitive soul that being called stupid is offensive. 🤨 

And I believe using the BR term was incredibly stupid.

0630CE88-6A75-4875-A60E-AF507DE31295.jpeg