New clubs in the East of Scotland

Coupar Angus Facebook:

EXCITING TIMES AHEAD 🔴⚫️🔴
We are still working away at the club and the boys have been back a few weeks for non contact training.
We hope you are all well and keeping safe and we still can’t wait to welcome you all back when it’s safe to do so.
An announcement which was confirmed today in the below statement which has been in the pipeline for a while.
CAJFC are in full support of this move to Teir 6 and hope it all goes to plan for starting in season 2021/2022!
We would also like to add that due to the 2020/2021 season now being null and void all player sponsorships will be transferred to next season.
We hope to get back to seeing you all at Foxhall Park as soon as it’s allowed. #mtc 🔴⚫️🔴

9 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Hope to see more statements of intent:

'Should all the paperwork etc be completed then we will enter the pyramid alongside the North Region Juniors (East of the River Spey) and North Caledonian League (West of the River Spey), in a rebranded Midland League. The winners of each league will be in a play off for the chance to take on the club that finishes bottom of the Highland League for a place in the higher league.'

Boundaries sorted already :)

In my original post I pointed out that if something as straightforward as Lerwick to Bressay can't be done in the prevailing political culture I seriously doubted it would ever happen. Over the course of the last 50 years or so the Faroese have been phasing out the need to use ferries by building increasingly ambitious tunnels but you have chosen to just ignore the info I provided you about that.
Relying on ferries in the North Atlantic is a pain in the proverbial and very costly economically so there is nothing weird about using all the money that is poured into that which easily runs into tens of million over the couse of a few decades even for something like the relatively shortYell and Unst ferry links on fixed links instead. Scotland could do much the same as the Faroese and Norwegians have in recent decades on replacing ferries with fixed links but won't because only the central belt really matters in its political culture.
Twenty years ago when I was posting about a fully integrated pyramid for Scottish football online it was waaay out there as well and I was often ridiculed. Now it appears to be on the verge of actually happening. Sometimes waaay out there stuff that only a few weirdos take seriously and advocate actually happens.
The Fitbaw clearly cannot come back soon enough if this is what we are discussing.

19 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:
In my original post I pointed out that if something as straightforward as Lerwick to Bressay can't be done in the prevailing political culture I seriously doubted it would ever happen. Over the course of the last 50 years or so the Faroese have been phasing out the need to use ferries by building increasingly ambitious tunnels but you have chosen to just ignore the info I provided you about that.
Relying on ferries in the North Atlantic is a pain in the proverbial and very costly economically so there is nothing weird about using all the money that is poured into that which easily runs into tens of million over the couse of a few decades even for something like the relatively shortYell and Unst ferry links on fixed links instead. Scotland could do much the same as the Faroese and Norwegians have in recent decades on replacing ferries with fixed links but won't because only the central belt really matters in its political culture.
Twenty years ago when I was posting about a fully integrated pyramid for Scottish football online it was waaay out there as well and I was often ridiculed. Now it appears to be on the verge of actually happening. Sometimes waaay out there stuff that only a few weirdos take seriously and advocate actually happens.

The Fitbaw clearly cannot come back soon enough if this is what we are discussing.

No been on this site much lately but what it's got to do wi new clubs in the EoSFL is beyond me. Absolute drivel. 

48 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Integrating a couple of different non league football systems in a country of 5m people is in no way analogous to the most ambitious infrastructure project ever proposed by mankind.

You're forgetting about the billions of taxpayer's funds put into Junior committee men's pockets to grease the wheels.

51 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Coupar Angus Facebook:

EXCITING TIMES AHEAD 🔴⚫️🔴
We are still working away at the club and the boys have been back a few weeks for non contact training.
We hope you are all well and keeping safe and we still can’t wait to welcome you all back when it’s safe to do so.
An announcement which was confirmed today in the below statement which has been in the pipeline for a while.
CAJFC are in full support of this move to Teir 6 and hope it all goes to plan for starting in season 2021/2022!
We would also like to add that due to the 2020/2021 season now being null and void all player sponsorships will be transferred to next season.
We hope to get back to seeing you all at Foxhall Park as soon as it’s allowed. #mtc 🔴⚫️🔴

And they are one of a surprising number of Tayside clubs that have both cover and lights and hence should have the inside track on licensing:

https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/couparangus.htm

couparangus03.jpg

couparangus05.jpg

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and on and on. It would have been easy enough to just ignore those posts if you weren't interested in it.

If this is aimed at me I'm certainly not interested in the Scottish Islands when they are not EoSFL related as last I checked this is the EoSFL forum so maybes you should take geography lessons and post such pish elsewhere.  🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Whatever bud. A real pyramid is finally here now and your club are on their slow steady way to their natural habitat of EoS tier 8 or 9.

:lol: Is that the best you can come up wi?

Least I show my colours and dont hide away from any team. Are you willing to name yer team you actually follow so I can give you my thoughts on their "natural habitat"?

For the record if you see my posts over the years I've been pro pyramid for a wee while now. :thumsup2

Edit: Hamilton Accies aye right 👍

Edited by newcastle broon

1 hour ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

'Should all the paperwork etc be completed then we will enter the pyramid alongside the North Region Juniors (East of the River Spey) and North Caledonian League (West of the River Spey), in a rebranded Midland League. The winners of each league will be in a play off for the chance to take on the club that finishes bottom of the Highland League for a place in the higher league.'

Boundaries sorted already :)

From what I've heard, the ERJFA & EoSFL are talking to each other about boundaries as well. For the Dundee/Angus area this will likely go by postcode with DD being ML, putting Tayport in the ML area but the rest of Fife in the EoS area. For Perthshire, north Perthshire will definitely be ML (Coupar Angus & Blairgowrie, and possibly Breadalbane if they join at some point). Not sure what happens with the rest but AFAIK it will be a similar agreement as EOS/WOS, so if any Perthshire club find themselves on the "wrong" side of the boundary and they want to stay where they are, they can.

From what I've heard, the ERJFA & EoSFL are talking to each other about boundaries as well. For the Dundee/Angus area this will likely go by postcode with DD being ML, putting Tayport in the ML area but the rest of Fife in the EoS area. For Perthshire, north Perthshire will definitely be ML (Coupar Angus & Blairgowrie, and possibly Breadalbane if they join at some point). Not sure what happens with the rest but AFAIK it will be a similar agreement as EOS/WOS, so if any Perthshire club find themselves on the "wrong" side of the boundary and they want to stay where they are, they can.
Tayport is in Fife.

Just now, Burnieman said:
4 minutes ago, Marten said:

Tayport is in Fife.

I know... See above.

At this point there's been quite a bit of turnover.
On the fixture list issue it does seem that the East Region moved on a little since the EoSFL departures. I might be misremembering this but for 2019-20 season they might have been out earlier than some other leagues. Which seemed an attempt at winning some bragging rights. The Junior Cup has also been changed that will make it easier and with play-off dates to target there's also the need for a proper fixture list.
The Junior Regions have always done their own discipline with a Discipline Secretary and Committee. I'd be surprised if that changes, is the SJFA COO full time like TJ?

I know... See above.
Aye, so Fife is an EoS area and if Tayport applied then no reason not to accept them, although I doubt they be forced to leave the ML if that is where they want to play. Same with Scone.

Perth and Kinross is the tricky area unless they just stick with the HL/LL line. Maybe the Perth clubs will fancy ML now that it exists.

Just now, Burnieman said:

Aye, so Fife is an EoS area and if Tayport applied then no reason not to accept them, although I doubt they be forced to leave the ML if that is where they want to play. Same with Scone.

Perth and Kinross is the tricky area unless they just stick with the HL/LL line. Maybe the Perth clubs will fancy ML now that it exists.

From what I know, Tayport want to be ML. And if the DD postcode indeed gets defined as being in ML territory, it would put Tayport in there. They are the only part of Fife that has a DD postcode.

From what I know, Tayport want to be ML. And if the DD postcode indeed gets defined as being in ML territory, it would put Tayport in there. They are the only part of Fife that has a DD postcode.
Perhaps illustrates why postcodes isn't a very good idea when it comes to this. They are the only club that this affects in Fife as you say, but I heard different to what you heard.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

If this is aimed at me I'm certainly not interested in the Scottish Islands when they are not EoSFL related as last I checked this is the EoSFL forum so maybes you should take geography lessons and post such pish elsewhere.  🤷‍♂️

I wouldn't rule out island clubs joining the EoS (or WoS).

Flying to Edinburgh or Glasgow (and back in a day) might be a better option than travelling by ferry and making long bus journeys over Highland roads, probably with overnight stays.