New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Are Newmains joining the EoS?

The seats are going to Newmachar United in the North Region Juniors.

Have you heard anything which suggests Newmains are thinking of moving?

Edited by Dev

6 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Dont think they should be allowed to 

Newmains/Newmachar, almost the same.......it was a comment on why it was posted in this thread.

However since we've been sidetracked, Motherwell contacted the SJFA on the availability of these seats, nobody else.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

However since we've been sidetracked, Motherwell contacted the SJFA on the availability of these seats, nobody else.

Probably a sign that whoever was making the decision on them at Motherwell hadn't really kept up with recent developments below Tier 5 and just thought "let's send them to the Juniors".

Wondering if Breadalbane will consider moving up to join Jeanfield Swifts , Kinnoull and Luncarty in the EoS?  At one time they were looking to join the "old" East Juniors so maybe there's still a desire to move up. Just speculating but anyone any idea?

Similar thoughts on Duns as they've been continuing to up-grade their facilities with help from the Scottish Football Partnership Trust.

20 minutes ago, Dev said:

Wondering if Breadalbane will consider moving up to join Jeanfield Swifts , Kinnoull and Luncarty in the EoS?  ...

Worth checking out where Aberfeldy is on a map.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberfeldy,_Perth_and_Kinross

That would be controversial, but we know they could put in an application if they wanted to. The risk posed by stray golf balls from a nearby course was the excuse used not to allow them into the east region many years back. There was somebody from that club that posted on here sporadically at one point. Think they were talking about licensing at one point more recently, but were a lot keener on east region north than the Highland League as a possible future home.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

13 minutes ago, Dev said:

Wondering if Breadalbane will consider moving up to join Jeanfield Swifts , Kinnoull and Luncarty in the EoS?  At one time they were looking to join the "old" East Juniors so maybe there's still a desire to move up. Just speculating but anyone any idea?

Similar thoughts on Duns as they've been continuing to up-grade their facilities with help from the Scottish Football Partnership Trust.

Breadalbane mainly wanted to hook up with the Tayside juniors by the sounds of things, just not if under the Highland League. They were supposedly interested in applying to the Juniors around 2018?

For Duns, and other old EoS names like Kelso & Selkirk, i'm sure once things have settled division wise and clubs actually know what they're signing up for you might see interest. Doesn't matter if its regionalised or a single division at the bottom. Borders clubs like Hawick, Eyemouth, Tweedmouth, Peebles will be in the mix and gives old rivalries.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Worth checking out where Aberfeldy is on a map.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberfeldy,_Perth_and_Kinross

That would be controversial, but we know they could put in an application if they wanted to. The risk posed by stray golf balls from a nearby course was the excuse used not to allow them into the east region many years back. There was somebody from that club that posted on here sporadically at one point. Think they were talking about licensing at one point more recently, but were a lot keener on east region north than the Highland League as a possible future home.

Indeed and that's supposed to be one reason why they didn't get into the East Juniors.

As already pointed up on P&B, in theory, any club can apply to join a league but it's up to the clubs in membership of a league to say Yes or No at the end of the day. I was thinking along the lines of EoS clubs might say Yes to Perthshire clubs nut No to Dundee/Angus. Pure speculation. 

Duns did come back to the EOSL (and beat Edinburgh City in one of their early games, the b*****ds) but they went back to the Borders League after a couple of seasons.

They did move into a neat ground at the back of the old Berwickshire High School and would be an asset if they ever returned.

Indeed and that's supposed to be one reason why they didn't get into the East Juniors.
As already pointed up on P&B, in theory, any club can apply to join a league but it's up to the clubs in membership of a league to say Yes or No at the end of the day. I was thinking along the lines of EoS clubs might say Yes to Perthshire clubs nut No to Dundee/Angus. Pure speculation. 
I've been at Breadalbane. Their ground will be fine for the EOS or SJFA standards. I'd love to see them move up. The ERJFA rejected them a few years ago for silly reasons, basically they made up an excuse to not have to travel that way. With the ERJFA now being Tayside dominated, and possibly Tayside only next season, they might be more welcoming to them now.

4 hours ago, Marten said:
9 hours ago, Dev said:

I've been at Breadalbane. Their ground will be fine for the EOS or SJFA standards. I'd love to see them move up. The ERJFA rejected them a few years ago for silly reasons, basically they made up an excuse to not have to travel that way. With the ERJFA now being Tayside dominated, and possibly Tayside only next season, they might be more welcoming to them now.

Enclosed ground with cover, would like to see a club from that Loch Tay area in the Junior/Senior set up.

DSCF0944[1].jpg

Edited by ArabAuslander

8 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Enclosed ground with cover, would like to see a club from that Loch Tay area in the Junior/Senior set up.

DSCF0944[1].jpg

Agreed. Hopefully the lowest Division, if it was to be EoS, would be split geographically.

I've taken these photos myself at Breadalbane:

On 29/06/2019 at 17:16, Marten said:

I went to Home Street in Aberfeldy for Elgin City 7-1 Jeanfield Swifts. Breadalbane have an impressive set up for an amateur club. 20190629_150128.jpg20190629_160800.jpg

22 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:

Thanks for the updates on Duns and Selkirk; but are Kelso still around?

Resigned from the EOSL in 2015. There is an amateur team playing on the park I believe.

Peter McNulty played with Kelso United for about 20 years!

It was also the venue for Meadowbank Thistle's last ever game when they played Kelso in the City Cup Final.

On 15/02/2021 at 17:49, Sure & Stedfast said:

I know that there was never any intention of BUJFC going to EoS or even going into the pyramid, even if en bloc under ERSJFA. They were set up to bring Junior football back to a staunch Junior town, with many people loving the grade.

Without Junior game dissolving, what to do?

Nothing sneaky or underhand at all. If they wanted to join East of Scotland, they could equally have asked Newtown Park Association to be a tenant as they did in order to go Junior. They’re a customer like any other club. If it’s not another senior or junior Bo’ness club asking, I’m sure an out of town club will be chapping at the door.

I remember sitting in the meeting the club called for members and invited the boy Oliver in to discuss intentions with the club. I remember the question what if Boness wanted to move back to junior and the answer was the junior team would disband or go back amateur, then he was asked what if you got to a situation that you were wanting to go to the EOS league and again they said they we’re only interested in bringing a junior team back to Boness and being a pathway from kids to senior. Talk about rebranding and moving to the EOS League if true and not a rumour is simply a slap in the face to the members of the senior club, and to be brutal about it dishonest. There is no way on this planet a town the size of Boness could sustain two “senior” clubs. 
im sure it’s probably only a rumour and has no substance 

15 minutes ago, buloyal said:

I remember sitting in the meeting the club called for members and invited the boy Oliver in to discuss intentions with the club. I remember the question what if Boness wanted to move back to junior and the answer was the junior team would disband or go back amateur, then he was asked what if you got to a situation that you were wanting to go to the EOS league and again they said they we’re only interested in bringing a junior team back to Boness and being a pathway from kids to senior. Talk about rebranding and moving to the EOS League if true and not a rumour is simply a slap in the face to the members of the senior club, and to be brutal about it dishonest. There is no way on this planet a town the size of Boness could sustain two “senior” clubs. 

Perhaps there is some room for BUJFC (or whatever title they use) to act as a sort of informal feeder / development club to BUFC. Given the difference in levels the two clubs would not be in direct competition. Young players that perform well with BUJFC might eventually progress to the LL with BUFC. The two clubs obviously need to communicate - there could be mutual benefits for both clubs.

1 hour ago, buloyal said:

Wasnt there so don’t know the detail of any commitments that were made. But surely you recognise that the football landscape has changed. Junior football is no longer an option. At least 2 amateur clubs already exist in Bo’ness.

What if the amateurs, Cadora wanted to go to EOS and applied to the league?  BU has no veto. The landlords of the stadium are the only ones with any say. 

I very much doubt there has been any financial impact to BU with BUJFC in the town. Likely this will continue if they were to step into EOS.