Jump to content
Moses McNeil

New clubs in the East of Scotland

Recommended Posts

So is it just a rumour that Armadale are jumping ship to the WoSL? Also where does this leave the remainder of the West Lothian teams (West Calder, Stoneyburn, etc). Will they just fold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

So is it just a rumour that Armadale are jumping ship to the WoSL? Also where does this leave the remainder of the West Lothian teams (West Calder, Stoneyburn, etc). Will they just fold?

The "legacy" junior teams will have to swallow their pride and apply to the EOS.  I get this is easier said than done for old men but they need to do this now!

The EOS will play their part by saying hee haw about the past and welcome them with open arms. In a year or so, it'll be all in the past and forgotten when new and old rivalries are renewed.

The new junior sides like Syngenta will go back to being pennies.  Bo'ness juniors to linlithgow thistle or better still, a Bo'ness amateur team in leafa, rather than stirlingshire and linithgow rose community also back to leafa.  Sauchie too, should go back amateur

These are well run clubs but not got the background for semi pro.  They could have, but its having the unique location that make a team IMHO.  You cant have multiple semi pro teams playing at the same ground in villages or small towns. 

However, its not up to me!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Great news, I would love to see Linlithgow Rose facing Whitburn again, I remember a couple of cracking games in the past. Hopefully this will be a catalyst for them getting back where they belong.

Agree Gordon,Lithgae and Whitburn games used to be brilliant,always big occasions and a real buzz about them back in the day.

Yeah hope so,Central park is looking braw now,renovated shed,new changing rooms,wee seated stand,new signage,new terracing on social club side of ground.

Only really needs floodlights now 👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Whitburn,Pumpherston and Livingston United have all applied for the EoS 🥰

...which leaves 9 with three of those being BUJFC, Sauchie Juniors Community and Syngenta, so really only 6 traditional junior clubs Armadale, West Calder, Stoneyburn, Bathgate, Fauldhouse and Harthill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it needs clarified where Harthill's ground is. I believe there may be some geographical anomaly.

The Corrie Bar in Armadale used the have a framed Airdrie shirt on the wall. Is that enough support for an application to the west?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Arniston Rangers be treated as a new club with all the players they have signed this month. Has someone ploughed some money into the club with all this player activity along with the newly appointed manager.     Unbelievable Jeff 

 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Agree Gordon,Lithgae and Whitburn games used to be brilliant,always big occasions and a real buzz about them back in the day.

Yeah hope so,Central park is looking braw now,renovated shed,new changing rooms,wee seated stand,new signage,new terracing on social club side of ground.

Only really needs floodlights now 👍

It’s the right decision and great to hear. Hopefully get to revisit some of these grounds again in the not too distant future. A lot of nostalgia attached to attending matches at Whitburn, Pumpherston etc for me. 

Been a bit out the loop and paying a bit less attention to the Juniors and EOS this last year or so. Only natural though I guess since Bo’ness went up to the Lowland. What is the state of play with Armadale, Fauldhouse and Bathgate? Any talk of them finally seeing sense and joining the EOS or are they still digging their heels in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Will Arniston Rangers be treated as a new club with all the players they have signed this month. Has someone ploughed some money into the club with all this player activity along with the newly appointed manager.     Unbelievable Jeff 

 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Its the old Dalkeith Thistle amateur guys that got them to the semi of the scottish in charge is it no? 

Much like the excellent job Ryan Dinse is doing at Craigroyston, I'd expect Scott Steele to get Arniston half decent quite quickly.  He has decent contacts and will like Ryan, get an amateur select feel in the team in no time.  He's a decent guy with a serious will to win. 

Dont know Phil Alexander though he was at Sandys for a while so must know his onions.  Assuming he's of the same mould as Scott, Arniston will definitely improve.   There will be fight in that team. Visiting teams will certainly know they've had a game.

Depending on how many games they can get out of Gogs Ramsay (great player but a bit erm, excitable and will miss a few suspended) will decide on their season.

IMHO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think it needs clarified where Harthill's ground is. I believe there may be some geographical anomaly.

 

The real question isn't where is Harthill, but when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Been a bit out the loop and paying a bit less attention to the Juniors and EOS this last year or so. Only natural though I guess since Bo’ness went up to the Lowland. What is the state of play with Armadale, Fauldhouse and Bathgate? Any talk of them finally seeing sense and joining the EOS or are they still digging their heels in? 

What has been suggested is that Harthill, Stoneyburn, Armadale, and Fauldhouse are looking to the WoSFL. West Calder looking to the EoSFL. Bathgate are undecided as they are looking for changes within their committee.

If Livingston United, Whitburn, and Pumpherston are truly decided on the EoSFL. It should hopefully swing more applications that way, instead of dealing with the uncertainty of getting accepted by the WoSFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What has been suggested is that Harthill, Stoneyburn, Armadale, and Fauldhouse are looking to the WoSFL. West Calder looking to the EoSFL. Bathgate are undecided as they are looking for changes within their committee.

If Livingston United, Whitburn, and Pumpherston are truly decided on the EoSFL. It should hopefully swing more applications that way, instead of dealing with the uncertainty of getting accepted by the WoSFL.

I wonder if any of these clubs have engaged with their fans/members over whether they would like to join the WoS or EoS.

I see in the Sunday Mail that Colin Boyd from Kilwinning has said that geographical boundaries are a grey area but they are in discussions with the EoS which will continue after the new WoS Board are elected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The real question isn't where is Harthill, but when.

Having been there just last week, the answer is “still stuck in the staunch 60’s”

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What has been suggested is that Harthill, Stoneyburn, Armadale, and Fauldhouse are looking to the WoSFL. West Calder looking to the EoSFL. Bathgate are undecided as they are looking for changes within their committee.

If Livingston United, Whitburn, and Pumpherston are truly decided on the EoSFL. It should hopefully swing more applications that way, instead of dealing with the uncertainty of getting accepted by the WoSFL.

I think if Livingston Utd, Whitburn and Pumpherston are accepted into the EOS then that should be the decision made for Stoneyburn, Armadale and Fauldhouse. As much as they might prefer to join the West, other clubs in the same county being in the EOS should remove any prospective application to the West from their hands IMO. Existing boundaries and postcodes are only common sense the way I see it and the only one of the aforementioned clubs that should be entertaining notions of the WOSFL should be Harthill, ML7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As burnie says,talks are ongoing between the EoS and WoS regarding boundaries,as it is a bit unclear.

For me,I have no problem with Harthill going into the WoS as they're right on the border,infact I haven't a problem with any club that's borderline going one way or the other,as happened with Luncarty.

I work with and am pally with one of Harthill's committee men.

To be fair to Fauldhouse and Bathgate they've been quiet on they're feelings,Bathgate hav got bigger issues!!

With the obvious exception  of Harthill, it seems to be Armadale Thistle that seem to be the most warm towards a move westward.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

It’s the right decision and great to hear. Hopefully get to revisit some of these grounds again in the not too distant future. A lot of nostalgia attached to attending matches at Whitburn, Pumpherston etc for me. 

Been a bit out the loop and paying a bit less attention to the Juniors and EOS this last year or so. Only natural though I guess since Bo’ness went up to the Lowland. What is the state of play with Armadale, Fauldhouse and Bathgate? Any talk of them finally seeing sense and joining the EOS or are they still digging their heels in? 

Yeah used to look forward to watching Whitburn vs the BU's 8 mile,same buzz at the games as they were against Lithgae.

May be a bit of time before we see it again but you never know a cup game may match both sides together!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

For me,I have no problem with Harthill going into the WoS as they're right on the border,infact I haven't a problem with any club that's borderline going one way or the other,as happened with Luncarty.

LTL incoming...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

LTL incoming...

Lol,aye probably CZ,the key word in my statement is "borderline" not miles over the border.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Lol,aye probably CZ,the key word in my statement is "borderline" not miles over the border.

What on earth is your problem? You are the one that has been talking up this WoS scenario on here in recent weeks not me. 

38 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

....With the obvious exception  of Harthill, it seems to be Armadale Thistle that seem to be the most warm towards a move westward.....

 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What on earth is your problem? You are the one that has been talking up this WoS scenario on here in recent weeks not me. 

 

I've been talking it up because I am in the know sweetheart......,not 2nd guessing it....

Harthill are borderline,so not a problemo, just like Luncarty.

You are the one who has been advocating Tayside involvement in the EoS.

The pyramid is already unbalanced as it is,without flinging Tayside clubs south and unhinging it even further.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

...You are the one who has been advocating Tayside involvement in the EoS...

That's absurd. Even after repeatedly stating recently that I do not care which way the Tayside clubs go on this people like you are still posting complete drivel like this.

All I have done is highlighted the reality that Tayside is not part of the tier 6 HL pyramid negotiations and what patriot1 has posted about where there being no geographical limits on who can apply to the EoS.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...