New clubs in the East of Scotland

17 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Lol,aye probably CZ,the key word in my statement is "borderline" not miles over the border.

What on earth is your problem? You are the one that has been talking up this WoS scenario on here in recent weeks not me. 

38 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

....With the obvious exception  of Harthill, it seems to be Armadale Thistle that seem to be the most warm towards a move westward.....

Edited by LongTimeLurker

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What on earth is your problem? You are the one that has been talking up this WoS scenario on here in recent weeks not me. 

I've been talking it up because I am in the know sweetheart......,not 2nd guessing it....

Harthill are borderline,so not a problemo, just like Luncarty.

You are the one who has been advocating Tayside involvement in the EoS.

The pyramid is already unbalanced as it is,without flinging Tayside clubs south and unhinging it even further.....

7 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

...You are the one who has been advocating Tayside involvement in the EoS...

That's absurd. Even after repeatedly stating recently that I do not care which way the Tayside clubs go on this people like you are still posting complete drivel like this.

All I have done is highlighted the reality that Tayside is not part of the tier 6 HL pyramid negotiations and what patriot1 has posted about where there being no geographical limits on who can apply to the EoS.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

That's absurd. Even after repeatedly stating recently that I do not care which way the Tayside clubs go on this people like you are still posting complete drivel like this.

All I have done is highlighted the reality that Tayside is not part of the HL pyramid negotiations and what patriot1 has posted about where there being no geographical limits on who can apply to the EoS.

As I said that may be changing as talks are ongoing between the WoS and EoS on boundaries.

If its getting done for the West/East then it will get done at a lower level for South/North..

I do have sympathy for Tayside clubs as they hav been left out in the cold,some sections of the EoS dont want them and the same go's for some teams in the HL....

Talks are ongoing between the HL,NCL and NRJFA,niall from St.Duthus has been keeping us up to speed on Fitbanorth.

Sooner or later the Tayside question will hav to be answered but it should be north,there is a boundary already there in the Tay (borderline clubs n/a).

4 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

As for ATFC,I think it's a wrong move but I'm not in control at the Volly....

In Armadale’s case, an application to join the WOS is probably just a case of tail-between-legs, trying to save face.  Given the braindead, backward and clueless pish they spouted about the EOS on social media last year as more sides left the Juniors, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve shat the bed and woke up realising they need to join the pyramid but are simply too embarrassed to apply for EOS.

24 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

In Armadale’s case, an application to join the WOS is probably just a case of tail-between-legs, trying to save face.  Given the braindead, backward and clueless pish they spouted about the EOS on social media last year as more sides left the Juniors, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve shat the bed and woke up realising they need to join the pyramid but are simply too embarrassed to apply for EOS.

Nail on head there 8 mile 😎

12 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Sounds about right and hopefully they do wind up in the EoS. The Sunday Mail info posted above suggests the WoS see it as a grey area though and have not simply told them to take a hike, because the county boundary is being used like it was in the juniors.  Suspect the sensible outcome will prevail in the end with only Harthill possibly having a choice.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That's absurd. Even after repeatedly stating recently that I do not care which way the Tayside clubs go on this people like you are still posting complete drivel like this

Still trying to change your tune after years of advocating something?

Nasty aggression isnt a good look for you, even if it is your only posting style, just admit you were wrong and move on.

This should probably also have been posted here:

34 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Tiny little snippet in today's Sunday Mail:

West of Scotland League chiefs insist their door is open to new members - after clubs from the east lodged an interest. Kilwinning chief Colin Boyd has been talking to interested outfits on behalf of the Interim Management Group ahead of a special general meeting to elect the first WoSFL board. Sixty-seven clubs entered the new league last summer and IMG member Boyd said:

"Geography is a grey area as there are no official boundaries but it is something the WoSFL and EoSFL (East of Scotland Football League) are in discussions about and will continue after the meeting. Several teams are interested in joining the WoSFL, including some well-known amateur clubs from across the west as well as some east junior clubs. All clubs will be welcome as long as they meet the criteria and are a positive addition to the league. The IMG have come up with some plans but nothing will be set in stone until after the new board is elected and the member clubs have had a meeting to discuss this."

"Some east junior clubs" makes it sound like more than two east region clubs want to go west and "All clubs will be welcome as long as they meet the criteria and are a positive addition to the league" makes it sounds like they might be welcomed in if the member clubs are OK with it and view them as a positive addition. "No official boundaries" also fits with what patriot1 has posted about the Club 42 Tay Bridge boundary being a red herring in EoS terms because there are no fixed geographical limits in place.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

There is still a question mark over Fauldhouse,Stoneyburn,West Calder and Bathgate.

Spoke to my contact from Harthill this morning and he said most or all of the above and Armadale where enquiring about the WoS.

That may change after the news that Whitburn are heading east...

As for the sunday mail patter above(yawn),I dont read it or any other paper,not interested in any drivel they have to say....

My contacts are all involved with clubs.

Edited by Whitburn Vale

It would be good to be a fly on the wall at the EOS/WOS meeting as the quotes from Colin Boyd appear to encourage the interest from the East. 

Having said that, if the EOS are happy to accept applications from anywhere in Scotland then I suppose the WOS should be as well.

20 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

As for the sunday mail patter above(yawn),I dont read it or any other paper,not interested in any drivel they have to say....

My contacts are all involved with clubs.

And these East clubs are talking to the person quoted in the article. An article that doesn't contradict anything you've suggested. In fact it just confirms it.

7 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

It would be good to be a fly on the wall at the EOS/WOS meeting as the quotes from Colin Boyd appear to encourage the interest from the East. 

Having said that, if the EOS are happy to accept applications from anywhere in Scotland then I suppose the WOS should be as well.

There's the bit about being a "positive addition" to the league, ongoing boundary discussions with the EoSFL (SoSFL as usual sitting things out), upcoming board election, and membership vote. Plenty there to say it's not all encouraging.

28 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I don't think that's quite true.  You're reading a lot into what was an off-the-cuff remark at the time, and I think the follow up remark was along the lines of "they might not all get accepted though".

ie.  anyone can apply, we can't stop them, but it would have to make sense regarding the areas we cover.

Edited by Burnieman

West Calder attempting to go west would be an interesting development (note I am not advocating this, for interesting the word mental could also be inserted). That's almost in Livingston and further east than Blackburn. If even that's not being rejected out of hand by the WoS IMG types the meetings between the EoS and WoS would definitely be quite entertaining to listen to in a why are your tanks parked on my lawn sort of way.

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I don't think that's quite true.  You're reading a lot into what was an off-the-cuff remark at the time, and I think the follow up remark was along the lines of "they might not all get accepted though".

ie.  anyone can apply, we can't stop them, but it would have to make sense regarding the areas we cover.

You’re right up to a point. Although Orkney was the given example this was in the context of the “Tayside question”. Obviously the Tayside teams are a different case to the WL sides.

However this wasn’t an off the cuff remark. It has been made on more than one occasion. It is possible that the boundary discussions will lead to the EOS and WOS stating their definitive catchment areas which may or may not include Tayside. 

Again Burnie, you are right, even if Tayside applications are entertained the existing EOS clubs may vote to reject all of some of them.