Jump to content
Moses McNeil

New clubs in the East of Scotland

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Still no convinced how Edusport were allowed a total name change to Caley Braves and stay in the LL but that's another matter I suppose. 

Because  it's ultimately run by clueless individuals who have no real feeling for scottish non league football. Anything goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Spot on. 

Let's face it they are an abomination of a adult men's football club. 

A club born out of some money from Mr Moyes and the boys club structure who produce pitiful banners with phrases like 'history is overrated '.

A club who 'fans' and committee all supported other full time clubs who felt like something different and jumped on a bangwagon. 

A chairman who nobody really knows and his stooge media championship manager nerd who seem to be the spokesmen for this lowland league and this new shambolic west of scotland league , really is that what non league football in this country has come to! 

An utter farce where we should have historic clubs with experienced proper officials who know the non league scene and it's history we are stuck with the bsc crew who have railroaded themselves into a position where they can feel important and relevant when that's the last thing they are. 

 

When's the last time your club (whoever that might be) got to the last 16 of the (real) Scottish Cup? Or finished equal 44th in the pyramid? The vast majority of "historic" clubs who have taken a century to be dragged away from their comfort blanket; and "experienced proper officials" who also took a century to discover fixture lists and whose necks are permanently cricked due to keeping their snouts in the trough have yet to achieve anything approaching that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Some big West Junior clubs were interested in the LL when it first started but got cold feet...

A conference format to accomodate as many clubs as applied could have made things interesting on that and led to a domino effect, but that would not have enhanced the SPFL entry prospects of Spartans and Cove Rangers. Was good to see your club steal Spartans' thunder on league entry. The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Because  it's ultimately run by clueless individuals who have no real feeling for scottish non league football. Anything goes.

Considering they joined up in 2014-15 which was the first proper year of the pyramid, you can say they actually helped start Scottish non-league football :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, traffordab said:

Spot on. 

Let's face it they are an abomination of a adult men's football club. 

A club born out of some money from Mr Moyes and the boys club structure who produce pitiful banners with phrases like 'history is overrated '.

A club who 'fans' and committee all supported other full time clubs who felt like something different and jumped on a bangwagon. 

A chairman who nobody really knows and his stooge media championship manager nerd who seem to be the spokesmen for this lowland league and this new shambolic west of scotland league , really is that what non league football in this country has come to! 

An utter farce where we should have historic clubs with experienced proper officials who know the non league scene and it's history we are stuck with the bsc crew who have railroaded themselves into a position where they can feel important and relevant when that's the last thing they are. 

 

Michael Douglas, Falling Down?

One to watch... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A conference format to accomodate as many clubs as applied could have made things interesting on that and led to a domino effect, but that would not have enhanced the SPFL entry prospects of Spartans and Cove Rangers.

 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, traffordab said:

Because  it's ultimately run by clueless individuals who have no real feeling for scottish non league football. Anything goes.

It's a pity there was no-one clever enough to keep them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, traffordab said:

 

An utter farce where we should have historic clubs with experienced proper officials who know the non league scene and it's history we are stuck with the bsc crew who have railroaded themselves into a position where they can feel important and relevant when that's the last thing they are. 

 

Shackled to the past, and contemptuous of ambition or innovation. Why Scottish Junior football has all but died in one paragraph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fowler23 said:

And what does all these teams joining the lowland league have to do with new teams in the eos???? 

Another thread taken over!!! 

All goes back to whether Edinburgh South should be allowed in while playing in Dalkeith. Things have moved on considerably since BSC were allowed in to the senior pyramid as a youth club with no ground of their own to provide some more west content to the LL (no point engaging with a few cranks who want to pretend they got tier 5 status on merit rather than expediency).

It's reasonable to question whether there should now be some rules put in place for clubs like Edinburgh South to ensure that they must have their own enclosed ground in their own community within a reasonable time frame in order to be able to retain their membership. Some, as Jambo'ness did, could even reasonably argue now that numbers have reached as high as 50 that having your own ground in your own community that already meets EoS standards should be a requirement for entry.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody hell, LTL still ripping the **** out of this thread, aided by his trusty sidekick traffordab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

All goes back to whether Edinburgh South should be allowed in while playing in Dalkeith. Things have moved on considerably since BSC were allowed in to the senior pyramid as a youth club with no ground of their own to provide some more west content to the LL (no point engaging with a few cranks who want to pretend they got tier 5 status on merit rather than expediency).

It's reasonable to question whether there should now be some rules put in place for clubs like Edinburgh South to ensure that they must have their own enclosed ground in their own community within a reasonable time frame in order to be able to retain their membership. Some, as Jambo'ness did, could even reasonably argue now that numbers have reached as high as 50 that having your own ground in your own community that already meets EoS standards should be a requirement for entry.

Just wondering if you even know where Dalkeith is? Hardly a large distance away from where EdinburghSouth club or players live! EoS gave the go ahead. Doubt Dalkeith were pressurised into having to share their ground so what is the issue with you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Casey Jones said:

Just wondering if you even know where Dalkeith is? Hardly a large distance away from where EdinburghSouth club or players live! EoS gave the go ahead. Doubt Dalkeith were pressurised into having to share their ground so what is the issue with you?

According to theaa.com Inch Park to King's Park = 5 miles / 16 minutes by car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Casey Jones said:

Just wondering if you even know where Dalkeith is? Hardly a large distance away from where EdinburghSouth club or players live! EoS gave the go ahead. Doubt Dalkeith were pressurised into having to share their ground so what is the issue with you?

Don't have an issue on this (as should be abundantly clear from my post) as long as they do ultimately get their own ground in a reasonable timeframe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

According to theaa.com Inch Park to King's Park = 5 miles / 16 minutes by car

Or only 3.3 miles from their other pitch at fernieside

 

Fernieside park.  Pretty large and decent.  Really only needs a fence!

This should be their future.

If they can get the council and locals to allow it of course!

 

image.png

Edited by oldandround

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Don't have an issue on this (as should be abundantly clear from my post) as long as they do ultimately get their own ground in a reasonable timeframe. 

I'm sure that the people running Edinburgh South will be breathing a huge sigh of relief that you don't have an issue with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldandround said:

Or only 3.3 miles from their other pitch at fernieside

 

Fernieside park.  Pretty large and decent.  Really only needs a fence!

This should be their future.

If they can get the council and locals to allow it of course!

 

image.png

I could only remember Inch Park off the top of my head. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
According to theaa.com Inch Park to King's Park = 5 miles / 16 minutes by car
Not on a pre lockdown Monday to Friday. I've sat in that traffic for over an hour so many times. God I hated that commute. Absolutely soul sapping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
30 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
According to theaa.com Inch Park to King's Park = 5 miles / 16 minutes by car

Not on a pre lockdown Monday to Friday. I've sat in that traffic for over an hour so many times. God I hated that commute. Absolutely soul sapping.

Aah! The joys of traffic in Edinburgh! Been there too!! Yet you can get into centre of Glasgow in same time! Just hope LTL doesn’t see this or he will be freaking out, in case Blackburn or Dunipace offer Edinburgh South, the following season! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Aah! The joys of traffic in Edinburgh! Been there too!! Yet you can get into centre of Glasgow in same time! Just hope LTL doesn’t see this or he will be freaking out, in case Blackburn or Dunipace offer Edinburgh South, the following season! 

As stated previously I wouldn't be bothered by a temporary Blackburn or Dunipace groundshare as long as they do get their own ground in the part of Edinburgh where they are based in a reasonable timeframe (something like 3 to 5 seasons depending on how much needs to happen).

Fernieside as others have stated is the obvious solution and there isn't a vast amount to do to get that park to Hillfield Swifts, Peebles Rovers and Thornton Hibs levels of suitability. That wouldn't be an easy shortcut to entry level though unlike how being at Dalkeith might be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
According to theaa.com Inch Park to King's Park = 5 miles / 16 minutes by car

Not on a pre lockdown Monday to Friday. I've sat in that traffic for over an hour so many times. God I hated that commute. Absolutely soul sapping.

But they're not gonnae be playing Mon to Fri,maybes an odd midweek game but on a Saturday the 49 bus takes officially 20 mins from the centre of Dalkeith to Cameron Toll passing both Fernieside and the Inch on the way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...