New clubs in the East of Scotland

No football anyway until 2021?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52513689

"If you look at the football pyramid - when is grassroots football going to be up and running?

The SFA has a responsibility for that, too. You look at the lack of resource they have. The initial discussions with the grassroots is that, 'Well, we can't see ourselves playing football until all restrictions are lifted by government'. There may be no football at grassroots level until the pandemic is over.

That could be 2021. It could be more than that. Parts of football need to be prepared for the fact that there is no quick fix, that the cost of implementing the protection that's needed before the pandemic is over might be too expensive."

3 hours ago, Burnieman said:

No football anyway until 2021?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52513689

"If you look at the football pyramid - when is grassroots football going to be up and running?

The SFA has a responsibility for that, too. You look at the lack of resource they have. The initial discussions with the grassroots is that, 'Well, we can't see ourselves playing football until all restrictions are lifted by government'. There may be no football at grassroots level until the pandemic is over.

That could be 2021. It could be more than that. Parts of football need to be prepared for the fact that there is no quick fix, that the cost of implementing the protection that's needed before the pandemic is over might be too expensive."

That's why I said should have just finished this season next year

That's why I said should have just finished this season next year
Not practical or desirable, that's why clubs voted 37-3 to end it now.

If we get going in January/early Feb we can still complete the full league season finishing in June, without cups. Probably any later than that, then the season is probably binned and you start 21-22 early maybe June with pre season starting as early as we can.

13 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

If we get going in January/early Feb we can still complete the full league season finishing in June, without cups. Probably any later than that, then the season is probably binned and you start 21-22 early maybe June with pre season starting as early as we can.

I believe that's the plan, end of Feb would be the latest they could start the 34 games, playing into June. 

22 minutes ago, the tin man said:

End of November early October a heard the league was starting to plan for

The league are planning for all eventualities. At the moment nobody knows when next season will start. Could be October, could be january, could be March, any later than that and there may not be a season. 

Playing the season without cups (other than maybe the Scottish Cup?) is quite clearly the way to go when you have an 18 team top league.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Interesting that Luncarty have made the leap - it's stretching geography a tad  as they seem to be west of the Tay rather than north of it!

It's not stretching geography as any team in Tayside can apply to join the EOS. 

So I believe it was confirmed at last night's meeting that as some of us have said in this forum the LL/HL dividing line only applies to teams being relegated from the SPFL. 
What that means in practical terms is that any team can apply to the EOS(Orkney was used as an example last night) and it would be up to the clubs to decide if they get in. 
In other words there is nothing to stop any Tayside junior team from applying next year. 
Ps, I don't believe Livingston received any mention last night. 

This post backs up the Luncarty position.

On 01/05/2020 at 22:29, patriot1 said:

So I believe it was confirmed at last night's meeting that as some of us have said in this forum the LL/HL dividing line only applies to teams being relegated from the SPFL. 

What that means in practical terms is that any team can apply to the EOS(Orkney was used as an example last night) and it would be up to the clubs to decide if they get in. 

In other words there is nothing to stop any Tayside junior team from applying next year. 

Ps, I don't believe Livingston received any mention last night. 

Orkney was mentioned on here in that context a few months back as well. As you pointed out on the junior subforum this should kill off any controversy about what to do about Tayside for at least a year. The precedent has been set so there's a possible way in at tier eight in the south pyramid for any interested Tayside clubs to test out to see how the EoS membership would respond early next year, if pushing for tier six status as an HL feeder is not on their agenda. 

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Orkney was mentioned on here in that context a few months back as well. As you pointed out on the junior subforum this should kill off any controversy about what to do about Tayside for at least a year. The precedent has been set so there's a possible way in at tier eight in the south pyramid for any interested Tayside clubs to test out to see how the EoS membership would respond early next year, if pushing for tier six status as an HL feeder is not on their agenda. 

The good thing about this is that it created clarity, it's up to the EOS who to accept. I don't expect Tayside clubs to be accepted now, but it will be the choice of the EOS.

A more pressing matter is getting clubs the size of Whitburn Armadale Bathgate and Fauldhouse into the EoS,who are 100% in EoS territory.

If Whitburn were to join,get promoted to the LL,say gain promotion to League 2,if relegated they would be back in the LL.

If Lochee United joined the EOS,got promoted to the LL,say gained promotion to League 2 then got relegated to......the HL !!

Mental stuff !!!

2 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

A more pressing matter is getting clubs the size of Whitburn Armadale Bathgate and Fauldhouse into the EoS,who are 100% in EoS territory.

If Whitburn were to join,get promoted to the LL,say gain promotion to League 2,if relegated they would be back in the LL.

If Lochee United joined the EOS,got promoted to the LL,say gained promotion to League 2 then got relegated to......the HL !!

Mental stuff !!!

Slightly offtopic, but I think it's quite unlikely for Lochee United to reach League 2. We could get into the LL if we'd get the chance, but with 2 big clubs in Dundee and another 4 relatively nearby in Angus competition for players would be too big for another club to get through to L2.

7 minutes ago, Marten said:

Slightly offtopic, but I think it's quite unlikely for Lochee United to reach League 2. We could get into the LL if we'd get the chance, but with 2 big clubs in Dundee and another 4 relatively nearby in Angus competition for players would be too big for another club to get through to L2.

It was a hypothetical post marten,this is an East of Scotland thread and as I said far more pressing is having the likes of the 4 big WL clubs that are left in the juniors going on to play EoS football in the near future.

But yeah I get your post about your team,a bit of a player drain around you to hope for any advancement up the pyramid.

I do feel for the Tayside juniors as they seem to have been exiled a bit,but more pressing is getting the West Lothian junior teams into the EoS.