New clubs in the East of Scotland

Just now, Trap Door said:

Hearing Edinburgh South are in. With Manager in place with players who will mean they come straight in and be competitive. 

What players tho? Interesting to see, wonder if it has anything to do with the lad Phildo.

13 hours ago, Dev said:

...They are also the ones which have fought tooth and nail against the pyramid - yet, allegedly, the SFA agreed with them? Hm. Doesn't make sense as it's the SFA which is supposed to be promoting the pyramid further to compliance requirements with UEFA...

Think you are leaving something important out. Up to late January of this year, the SJFA was trying to get into the pyramid with the SJFA fully intact, so it's an over-simplification to say they fought tooth and nail against the pyramid. That's only accurate up to 2018 before they did the survey that showed most members wanted pyramid entry. In the south, it's only the LL and EoS that had an issue with SJFA pyramid entry not the SFA and SoS. In the north, it's far from impossible that the north region will still enter the pyramid as the north region of the SJFA.

9 hours ago, Trap Door said:

Hearing Edinburgh South are in. With Manager in place with players who will mean they come straight in and be competitive. 

Given Inverkeithing HS and Rossvale will both probably be in tier 6 next season based on merit those sorts of ambitions have to be taken seriously.

32 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Were they a Sunday amateur side who have decided to go EOS? Pardon my ignorance but I’d literally never even heard of them until about a month ago.

Edited by 8MileBU

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Were they a Sunday amateur side who have decided to go EOS? Pardon my ignorance but I’d literally never even heard of them until about a month ago.

Not entirely sure they run an ams or not. There was the initial chat about them being Edinburgh South Vics in the LEAFA. But the colours & badges don't show any connection.

This is how they describe themselves on facebook. Seems to be more of a youth club making a senior side like Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts. They're due to be playing their games at Dalkeith.

image.png.2c6de9b9ece73f1baaff91aed2671155.png

http://newburghfc.co.uk/scottish-junior-football/east-of-scotland-football-league/

Newburgh FC’s application to join the East of Scotland league was approved last night during the associations video conference EGM.

Newburgh will become full East of Scotland members directly after the AGM (date to follow) joining the league at Tier 7 of the Scottish football pyramid. We will start the journey playing in the East of Scotland football league conferences.

Everyone involved with the club is excited to be starting this new chapter in our history.

We would like to record our sincere thanks to the Scottish Junior FA and the East Region committee’s that have administered the leagues and cups during our time in junior football.

There will be further information announced in the coming weeks to confirm how the leagues will set up for next season.

The East of Scotland football league covers an area stretching from Perthshire in the North to the Scottish Borders in the South. Newburgh will take part in the conferences that sit at level 7 of the Scottish football pyramid

image.png?w=652

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I assume the conditions have to do with the fact that it's currently possible to see the pitch from the road that runs past the grounds, so they have to do something to prevent that.

The Livingston United twitter account has been amongst those offering their congratulations to those that have given updates. Since it has been a topic of discussion the last couple of day. Was anything said about how the Livingston United application was handled?

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

I assume the conditions have to do with the fact that it's currently possible to see the pitch from the road that runs past the grounds, so they have to do something to prevent that.

It might be a bit of stock answer. Kennoway's announcement was the same. I'm sure they all have some bits and pieces to work on, or are going to work on so it will be hard to tell. Within the EoS Grounds for Optimism thread we've seen news of just about everyone making ground improvements.

image.png.2adfe72877b87ef367703aca451c2a6f.png

EDIT: Lochgelly Albert as well.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It might be a bit of stock answer. Kennoway's announcement was the same. I'm sure they all have some bits and pieces to work on, or are going to work on so it will be hard to tell. Within the EoS Grounds for Optimism thread we've seen news of just about everyone making ground improvements.

From what I have seen at Luncarty, I can't think of anything more needed than that, quite a tidy ground for the rest that I'm sure will fit the requirements other than that.

16 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Keep in mind that the EoSFL, SoSFL, SJFA, and Lowland League were all in a series of PWG meetings with the SFA meant to play a neutral party to bring everyone together.

You don't think that one of those leagues accepting a club from the other on days notice, causing knock on effects to the league left behind, undermines the process from the SFA point of view.

Keep in mind Ian Maxwell needed the 2018 moves to the EoS explained to him in the January 2019 Minutes. Even though he had headed two PWG meetings by this point.

Then 5 months later Kinnoull leave the SJFA for the SJFA without much notice.

You can even look at how all the Fife clubs and Luncarty are meant to have handled applying for the EoSFL this year. They are meant to have told the East Region in a meeting weeks before the deadline. Which was one of the factors in how everyone knew they were all going even without public statements in certain cases.

And on another front of Ian Maxwell "supporting" the SJFA over the pyramid leagues:

That was from Jan 2019 as well. When it came back that no Lowland League pyramid playoff had been created by the Lowland League, the SFA went off and created their own proposal with the East Region Superleague, West Premiership, EoS Premier and SoSFL all on equal footing. Even though he knew all about the objections the LL/EoSFL had over a 2nd East of Scotland feeder league.

There's a reason why Ian Maxwell isn't that well thought of in certain circles, and why people can believe a couple of Junior clubs whispered in his ear to mess up the WoSFL Conferences plan.

Very well put.

However, wasn't the purpose of the SFA to get the pyramid up and running ASAP?

Aren't the Juniors outside the pyramid?

2 hours ago, the tin man said:

Have a Sunday ams team not sure if Edinburgh south vics the decent Saturday ams are connected

There was a post elsewhere which said that the Edinburgh South Youth FC and the Edinburgh South Vics merged a year or so ago.

41 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

EDIT: Lochgelly Albert as well.

Maybe the grounds of the successful aplicants couldn't be inspected due to the Covid-19 situation - so the proviso to make sure that grounds comply has been thrown in as a cover-all precaution?

Edited by Dev

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think you are leaving something important out. Up to late January of this year, the SJFA was trying to get into the pyramid with the SJFA fully intact, so it's an over-simplification to say they fought tooth and nail against the pyramid. That's only accurate up to 2018 before they did the survey that showed most members wanted pyramid entry. In the south, it's only the LL and EoS that had an issue with SJFA pyramid entry not the SFA and SoS. In the north, it's far from impossible that the north region will still enter the pyramid as the north region of the SJFA.

Hm. I see your point.

However, with clubs moving to the EoS, the hands of the Juniors management were forced with TAJ admitting that he hadn't been alert to their views and to the strength of their views.

Ever since the said management has gone out of their way to frustrate the clubs, hence more clubs moved in the east and then the west with signs of movement in the north too. Have you not noticed some of the virulently anti-pyramid social media outbursts? (Rhetorical question)