New clubs in the East of Scotland

I think the EOS are being very careful to stick to their own rules right now, to ensure the SPFL2 clubs continue to have absolutely no leg to stand on with their plan to cancel HL-LL promotion playoff this year.

Edited by Cameron Wilson

24 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

I think the EOS are being very careful to stick to their own rules right now, to ensure the SPFL2 clubs continue to have absolutely no leg to stand on with their plan to cancel HL-LL promotion playoff this year.

The eos have already done away with a promotion place from next years conferences, I would say the spfl already have a case to point at if the eos go down that road, sadly.

Unfortunately rules are being made up as we go along at present.

Associations are applying interpretations to suit and indeed in some cases even applying differently from one league to the next.

Scottish football is a bit of a joke at present.

From other posts it sounds like the stumbling block might just be the potential repercussions from the SFA (and SJFA).

Given the application is a month late maybe Livingston need to put the work in and get a letter of support from the SFA and an endorsement from the SJFA before the EoS would be willing to look at the application.

Otherwise, accepting the application now may just lead to conflict with the other bodies.

As a volunteer led organisation managing a significant number of clubs, in the middle of a world pandemic,  the EoS League and Assoc probably don't want (and certainly don't need) the extra hassle.

New applicants dont need letters of support from the SFA/SJFA.

I would question the need for a deadline in the first place, it's upto the leagues themselves to decide how they deal with applications. In reality, who cares what the SFA think, it has nothing to do with them and other leagues have different deadline dates or indeed none at all.

I would have been inclined to have put Livingston's case to members at the EGM and let them decide, rather than the board just turning them away. We are operating under exceptional circumstances anyway.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I would question the need for a deadline in the first place, it's upto the leagues themselves to decide how they deal with applications. In reality, who cares what the SFA think, it has nothing to do with them and other leagues have different deadline dates or indeed none at all.

I would have been inclined to have put Livingston's case to members at the EGM and let them decide, rather than the board just turning them away. We are operating under exceptional circumstances anyway.

I don't know what things were like originally, but in the last couple of years the EoSFL format has been up in the air multiple times season to season. Staying as two smaller divisions to the one league to the Conferences to the Premier with Conferences etc.

And as you've seen they use the AGM to confirm the format of what will happen the next season and the cup draws so that a fixture list can then go off and be made.

So I see the deadline as a  way to get new members in, check them out and do due diligence, have the EGM vote to accept/reject, then collect the dues to make it official. Leaving time between then and the AGM to have everything arranged.

Would you welcome another West Lothian club into the senior setup? And do you consider these to be exceptional circumstances?

Would you welcome another West Lothian club into the senior setup? And do you consider these to be exceptional circumstances?
Yes, they're old foes, and Yes to exceptional circumstances. We might not play this year so you can argue deadlines should be set aside.

On the other point, Kinnoull were accepted at AGM last year, moments before Cup draws were made. It's upto leagues how they handle this, not the SFA.

Livi Utd had a year or more to have all their discussions about whether they wanted to apply or not. I assume they have had the chats each year, so there is no justifiable excuse to have not made an application on time.
So had Kinnoull.

unfortunately covid has been an issue to football for 4 to 6 weeks. The window has been open for almost a full year.

Whilst it would be good to see the WL clubs in the pyramid and taking stock of what team finder has outlined about the poorly committee men (I hope they are okay btw), the deadline has been there far longer than the current covid situation.

As much as I'd like to think the eosfl is willing to be flexible, submitting an application beyond a deadline, no matter the circumstances, is more likely to return a rejection letter than get accepted.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Burnieman said:
5 minutes ago, TheLad said:
Livi Utd had a year or more to have all their discussions about whether they wanted to apply or not. I assume they have had the chats each year, so there is no justifiable excuse to have not made an application on time.

So had Kinnoull.

And if Eyemouth hadn't taken a year out, do you think Kinnoull would of gotten in last minute?

On 07/06/2019 at 14:40, Burnie_man said:

Kinnoull wouldn't have been accepted unless Eyemouth had taken a year out. I believe Kinnoull had already said they would apply for 20-21 season as they knew they were late applying.

@Burnieman

I was just having a look to see when Eyemouth announced their year out as I remember them being in at least one cup draw. Probably the SCC. As there was debate over whether Kinnoull could simply replace them.

Anyway in looking for that I found your thoughts at the time.

45 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Yes I know but my point is that the barrier is the SFA / SJFA for fear of complaints like the last time. 

If it can be shown that those objections won't materialise then that's an important obstacle out the way...

Edited by Che Dail

Just now, Che Dail said:

Yes I know but my point is that the barrier is the SFA / SJFA for fear of complaints like the last time. 

If it can be shown that those objections won't materialise then that's an important obstacle out the way...

I think its a good idea since the complaints seem to be the concern.

And if Eyemouth hadn't taken a year out, do you think Kinnoull would of gotten in last minute?
Who knows, that's a question that can't be answered. The EoS shouldn't restrict themselves with arbitrary deadlines when there is no need, particularly one which is far too early.

Admitting a club after this deadline has no material effect on anyone at all, won't make the slightest bit of difference.

At the very least, it should have gone to EGM and let the members decide. My view is we should look to be inclusive and not exclusive.

[mention=79296]Burnieman[/mention]
I was just having a look to see when Eyemouth announced their year out as I remember them being in at least one cup draw. Probably the SCC. As there was debate over whether Kinnoull could simply replace them.
Fair enough, but it went to a vote as to whether to accept them and they were admitted despite nobody having any knowledge of their application prior to the AGM. IMO Livvy should have had that same opportunity.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
[mention=79296]Burnieman[/mention]

Fair enough, but it went to a vote as to whether to accept them and they were admitted despite nobody having any knowledge of their application prior to the AGM. IMO Livvy should have had that same opportunity.

Chances are Kinnoull were treated the same way as Livingston United. Only for Eyemouth to step out with the Conference format set up and needing the stamp of approval. Which is why Kinnoull were presented at the AGM to fill the void.

I don't mind Livingston United getting in. Its already all over the place with how things are going and the SFA messing up the WoSFL plans.

However, its also possible that the EoSFL know they're gearing up to use whatever political capital they have for the Luncarty debate. So I can understand them being wary.