New clubs in the East of Scotland

On 03/04/2020 at 13:53, Pyramidic said:

Well researched. It will be interesting to see what develops. There could even be a possible link up between the two. Fernieside looks as though it would need a lot of development though:

Tynecastle005.JPG

http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/Historic/tynecastle.htm

Season 2019/20 Edinburgh South sat ams and Edinburgh South Vic's merged and under the banner of Edinburgh South, so there would be no merger if the same club already

1 hour ago, snoopdd said:

Season 2019/20 Edinburgh South sat ams and Edinburgh South Vic's merged and under the banner of Edinburgh South, so there would be no merger if the same club already

Could Drum Park at the top of Ferniehill be another option if there is too many problems with planning/access rights to the old Tollcross/Tynecastle ground where they are currently based?

Edited by Spyro

Any latecomers for east of Scotland or is that everyone expected applied, any new amateurs or any more ex seniors/juniors?

I’ve heard that a West Lothian Junior side, not aware which one, have made approaches to the EoSFL re making a late application. Not too sure how accurate this is and not sure either what the EoSFL position might be on an application beyond their stated deadline. Interesting that the SoSFL deadline isn’t yet passed though so that might allow some wriggle room if what I’ve heard is in any way true?

The EoSFL EGM is on Friday so if there is indeed any truth in this it’s likely to be raised then I’d imagine.

39 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Yes there is

A West Lothian side breaking their pact?

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I expected BU Juniors to put in a late application.

Dependant on the BU seniors being promoted I wonder?

Yes there is

Interesting. I assume that this is over and above the nine new applicants and the welcome return of Eyemouth United?

I guess it’s up to the club themselves to come forward but hopefully we’ll know after the EGM and hopefully any such application will be successful. As long as they were to meet the ground requirements or have an acceptable plan to do so - as all the other nine applicants will need to have - then I’d be surprised and disappointed if whoever it was was to be turned down. I’d hope the deadline for applications would now be considered more of a guideline than a, well, deadline given the difficult and changing circumstances we currently find ourselves in.

This is the time to show that all are welcome, and the EoSFL have previously shown themselves to be just that - welcoming to all who can meet or will meet the required minimum standards. They have constantly shown themselves to be the absolute antithesis of the SPFL and I would expect them to show this again.

3 hours ago, sniffer said:

Yes there is

With COVID19 on the go you can make a case for there being exceptional circumstances. If they can cope with divisions and conferences of 18 there is still space for 4 or 5 more teams depending on the BUs LL status that could be added without needing to change the structure.

Interesting. I assume that this is over and above the nine new applicants and the welcome return of Eyemouth United?

I guess it’s up to the club themselves to come forward but hopefully we’ll know after the EGM and hopefully any such application will be successful. As long as they were to meet the ground requirements or have an acceptable plan to do so - as all the other nine applicants will need to have - then I’d be surprised and disappointed if whoever it was was to be turned down. I’d hope the deadline for applications would now be considered more of a guideline than a, well, deadline given the difficult and changing circumstances we currently find ourselves in.

This is the time to show that all are welcome, and the EoSFL have previously shown themselves to be just that - welcoming to all who can meet or will meet the required minimum standards. They have constantly shown themselves to be the absolute antithesis of the SPFL and I would expect them to show this again.

The team was Livingston Utd , the application was late and over the deadline it also came with a letter to mention why they never had the application in before the deadline.
Since then they’ve had a letter back from the Eos board to say they have been rejected and try next year.
I think that call is a shambles with all this mess going on, people should be more considerate or compassionate.

The team was Livingston Utd , the application was late and over the deadline it also came with a letter to mention why they never had the application in before the deadline.
Since then they’ve had a letter back from the Eos board to say they have been rejected and try next year.
I think that call is a shambles with all this mess going on, people should be more considerate or compassionate.

Wow. Rejected? That strikes me as a bit out of character for the way the EoSFL have approached everything up until now. I’d venture rejecting a West Lothian club is a grievous mistake, it allows a narrative of ‘see, they don’t want us’ to develop. A bad and very disappointing misjudgment.

Has this went to or will it go to the clubs? Surely it should. I can’t imagine any current EoSFL club would reject a West Lothian club given how important bringing them on board would be. I’d venture this is the first misstep by the EoSFL board if they have indeed made the decision to reject Livingston for no other reason than missing an arbitrary deadline. Poor stuff and an error that will keep the only area of central Scotland outwith the pyramid at a distant arms length for no good reason.

5 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Wow. Rejected? That strikes me as a bit out of character for the way the EoSFL have approached everything up until now. I’d venture rejecting a West Lothian club is a grievous mistake, it allows a narrative of ‘see, they don’t want us’ to develop. A bad and very disappointing misjudgment.

Has this went to or will it go to the clubs? Surely it should. I can’t imagine any current EoSFL club would reject a West Lothian club given how important bringing them on board would be. I’d venture this is the first misstep by the EoSFL board if they have indeed made the decision to reject Livingston for no other reason than missing an arbitrary deadline. Poor stuff and an error that will keep the only area of central Scotland outwith the pyramid at a distant arms length for no good reason.

image.png.38130f1ea0670e297bfb44c888a149c3.png

The EoSFL are meant to have been told off by the SFA following the 2018 extensions, and Kinnoull's late entry in 2019. This is also happening at a time the SFA are throwing their weight around again with regards to how the WoSFL will operate. 

7 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

...I’d venture this is the first misstep by the EoSFL board if they have indeed made the decision to reject Livingston for no other reason than missing an arbitrary deadline....

Wonder if Livingston would have thought that the April 7th extension for the WoS would apply in the east as well and whether the entire West Lothian Question (sorry couldn't resist invoking Tam Dayell) would have been solved this year by allowing clubs to retain SJFA membership in the manner that's happening in the west.

21 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Wonder if Livingston would have thought that the April 7th extension for the WoS would apply in the east as well and whether the entire West Lothian Question (sorry couldn't resist invoking Tam Dayell) would have been solved this year by allowing clubs to retain SJFA membership in the manner that's happening in the west.

News of this application came long after the 7th April.

18 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I expected BU Juniors to put in a late application.

Sorry, but no chance for Bo'ness Juniors. Especially if Livingston Utd's late application to the EoSL (and rejection),  is correct, as posted by  Sniffer above.

Yes the SFA was 'unhappy' about the EoSL's late acceptance of Kinnoull last year.

Deadlines were clearly, the clubs have had almost 2 full years to apply. Using covid, or the wosfl application process to criticise the eosfl for rejecting a late application doesn't serve a purpose, particularly when you consider the level of criticism the eosfl received for accepting late applications previously.

Its unfortunate for the applicant club, it could produce a 'they don't want us narrative' (hopefully not though and clubs see it for what it is) but ultimately, putting any application in for anything in life, after the closing date, is likely to return a with a rejection letter. As rubbish as that might be for the applicant club.

When I’d heard about the possibility that a West Lothian Junior outfit had fired in a late application I’d kinda thought it might have been Fauldhouse United, although I guess the shambles that has unfolded at Park View this last wee while should have told me otherwise!

Livingston United aren’t amongst the biggest fish left in the draining pool of West Lothian football but have always struck me as a decently run club who struggle due to Livingston FC being just down the road. It seems to be that they are trying to sensibly map out a future, something they probably don’t see in the remnants of the ERSJFA. It’s a shame they’re not being supported to do so. I’d have thought the EoSFL would have gladly welcomed them to their ranks and viewed it as continuation of the growth of their footprint in east central Scotland.

I can understand the viewpoint that the SFA might be becoming belligerent over previous late entries but, as was shown in those cases, they don’t seem to be in any position to prevent it.