Jump to content
Moses McNeil

New clubs in the East of Scotland

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Robert James said:

 

Nothing wrong with that. Each club has the right to choose what it considers to be the best for its future.

The WL clubs have received a lot of grief from posters on here.........which for my view (above), was unnecessary, and at times hostile.

What will be interesting now, is what will be the format of the ERJFA league in 2020/21, now that at least 8 junior clubs have applied to join the EoSL. As the "main man", I assume that your ear is close to the ground, and you already have some insight/information**.

 

** BMan, as an aside, do you know who the 9th new EoS  applicant is :  ie, not Eyemouth who are an existing EoS member club (intending to make a return on the field) ?   

 

Supposed tone Edinburgh south

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
However, the West Lothian juniors , and Dundee & Angus juniors, situation not yet confirmed by the SJFA, and are presumably still in limbo ?


The West Lothian clubs may very well be in limbo but it is a limbo they have very much brought upon themselves, no ifs, no buts, no maybes - 100% their own doing. The door to the EoSFL has been wide open to them for three seasons now. Three. In football parlance, a penalty kick with no goalkeeper......and they appear to have no penalty taker.

Now, as you quite rightly and continually say, that is their choice and they should not and cannot be forced to make anything other than the choice they wish. However, have those in charge at these clubs made a conscious choice or are they just denying the existence of all that is going on around them - a head buried deep in the sand attitude? I fear I know which. Football is moving on - quite rapidly - without them.

I suspect history, if indeed anyone cares in years to come, will not look kindly on those who have utterly botched the future direction of their clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Robert James said:

 

Nothing wrong with that. Each club has the right to choose what it considers to be the best for its future.

The WL clubs have received a lot of grief from posters on here.........which for my view (above), was unnecessary, and at times hostile.

What will be interesting now, is what will be the format of the ERJFA league in 2020/21, now that at least 8 junior clubs have applied to join the EoSL. As the "main man", I assume that your ear is close to the ground, and you already have some insight/information**.

 

** BMan, as an aside, do you know who the 9th new EoS  applicant is :  ie, not Eyemouth who are an existing EoS member club (intending to make a return on the field) ?   

 

West Lothian clubs have always had the choice to join or not, it's upto them, but in light of the moves in the west it seems a strange decision to stick with it. There are clubs who could thrive in senior football.

You need to read back a page or two, Edinburgh South are named as the 9th club, although facilities could be an issue for them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BMan said:

West Lothian clubs have always had the choice to join or not, it's upto them, but in light of the moves in the west it seems a strange decision to stick with it. There are clubs who could thrive in senior football.

You need to read back a page or two, Edinburgh South are named as the 9th club, although facilities could be an issue for them.

 

I have, but has their application been confirmed officially ?  If so, it it sounds like Edinburgh  South will be an asset in the EoSL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

 


The West Lothian clubs may very well be in limbo but it is a limbo they have very much brought upon themselves, no ifs, no buts, no maybes - 100% their own doing. The door to the EoSFL has been wide open to them for three seasons now. Three. In football parlance, a penalty kick with no goalkeeper......and they appear to have no penalty taker.

Now, as you quite rightly and continually say, that is their choice and they should not and cannot be forced to make anything other than the choice they wish. However, have those in charge at these clubs made a conscious choice or are they just denying the existence of all that is going on around them - a head buried deep in the sand attitude? I fear I know which. Football is moving on - quite rapidly - without them.

I suspect history, if indeed anyone cares in years to come, will not look kindly on those who have utterly botched the future direction of their clubs.

 

As someone who is strongly pro pyramid, I agree with your views. Life gives us as individuals, and football clubs, choices. Sometimes we live to regret them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Robert James said:

It's (nearly) all good news at the moment :

Craigroyston staying,  Eyemouth rejoining the EoSL (+ 1 extra applicant),  68 applicants for the new WoSL,  support for the NCL from the HFL & the SFA for them to join the pyramid (+ 4 new NCL applicants,), North Juniors  also holding discussions about a possible pyramid entry (alongside the NCL).

However, the West Lothian juniors , and Dundee & Angus juniors, situation not yet confirmed by the SJFA, and are presumably still in limbo ?

The only situation not yet confirmed is Dundee & Angus. We don't know what's happening and how we can access the pyramid. The situation for the WL clubs is clear and there is nothing to confirm for them. WL & Tayside can't be compared as they are 2 completely separate issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marten said:

The only situation not yet confirmed is Dundee & Angus. We don't know what's happening and how we can access the pyramid. The situation for the WL clubs is clear and there is nothing to confirm for them. WL & Tayside can't be compared as they are 2 completely separate issues.

At this point they have no excuse. The WRJFA engaged with the pyramid working group. The NRJFA is engaged with the HFL and NCL.

The ERJFA have to do its own thing to try and access the pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The only situation not yet confirmed is Dundee & Angus. We don't know what's happening and how we can access the pyramid. The situation for the WL clubs is clear and there is nothing to confirm for them. WL & Tayside can't be compared as they are 2 completely separate issues.
My understanding is one Tayside league as opposed to the current 2 will be the format next season. Tayport would be in said league.
It should be a 17 team league. That number is just about perfect to be a feeder league to wherever/whenever
Same clearly in the south with I think 13 teams left.
They clearly cant feed in anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, superbigal said:

My understanding is one Tayside league as opposed to the current 2 will be the format next season. Tayport would be in said league.
It should be a 17 team league. That number is just about perfect to be a feeder league to wherever/whenever
Same clearly in the south with I think 13 teams left.
They clearly cant feed in anywhere.

The only downside of that is that the differences can be too big at time, like Coupar Angus v Lochee United or Broughty Athletic. But with the reducing numbers in the ERJFA something needs to be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marten said:

The only downside of that is that the differences can be too big at time, like Coupar Angus v Lochee United or Broughty Athletic. But with the reducing numbers in the ERJFA something needs to be done.

Something the Highland League and South of Scotland have had to deal with for years.At least this looks like it could be temporary in the grand scheme of things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Something the Highland League and South of Scotland have had to deal with for years.At least this looks like it could be temporary in the grand scheme of things.

 

True, if we end up feeding the HL (what I expect), I hope we can get a joint Tayside/NRJFA superleague. That would be a decent league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Marten said:

True, if we end up feeding the HL (what I expect), I hope we can get a joint Tayside/NRJFA superleague. That would be a decent league.

Dundee  v  Aberdeen  rivalries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Robert James said:

Dundee  v  Aberdeen  rivalries.

Could be some good games in there tbh. North & Tayside already share a cup anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, superbigal said:

My understanding is one Tayside league as opposed to the current 2 will be the format next season. Tayport would be in said league.
It should be a 17 team league. That number is just about perfect to be a feeder league to wherever/whenever
Same clearly in the south with I think 13 teams left.
They clearly cant feed in anywhere.

Not sure playing a 17 team league really benefits anyone, as even the East Premier North has a bit of a spread in quality across the division.

The top teams could be siphoned off to compete with the top North Region teams, leaving around 10 or so clubs playing in Tayside. Might be more likely to get newcomers (remember Breadalbane being mentioned last year) if the two tier setup remains.

The North juniors held their own in the Quest Engineering Cup so it would be competitive enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And to get back on topic - one name that came up previously was AM Soccer. It seems that they've now disbanded their adult amateur team and Cupar Hearts will take over that role at the top of their pathway. They play at Duffus Park, an open ground like Thornton but it does seem to have floodlights. Maybe one for the future especially if there's regional divisions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Robert James said:

 

Nothing wrong with that. Each club has the right to choose what it considers to be the best for its future.

The WL clubs have received a lot of grief from posters on here.........which for my view (above), was unnecessary, and at times hostile.

What will be interesting now, is what will be the format of the ERJFA league in 2020/21, now that at least 8 junior clubs have applied to join the EoSL. As the "main man", I assume that your ear is close to the ground, and you already have some insight/information**.

 

** BMan, as an aside, do you know who the 9th new EoS  applicant is :  ie, not Eyemouth who are an existing EoS member club (intending to make a return on the field) ?   

 

Only hostility has really come from the WL sides themselves, chiefly Armadale, with some downright silly social media posts.  They would be welcome but the Junior chips on their shoulders are weighing them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 10 additional teams (assuming all survive) that brings to EOS up to 50. 

Next Season that means a 16 - 17/17 league set up.

For 2021-22 they could have a 16 - 14 - 10 (N)/10(S) which would allow a more appetising pathway for the likes of Cupar Hearts or the WL Juniors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ginaro said:

And to get back on topic - one name that came up previously was AM Soccer. It seems that they've now disbanded their adult amateur team and Cupar Hearts will take over that role at the top of their pathway. They play at Duffus Park, an open ground like Thornton but it does seem to have floodlights. Maybe one for the future especially if there's regional divisions.

 

Cupar Hearts would be a welcome addition to the EOS. A well run club who would fill a gap in that part of Fife and finally give Saints a proper Derby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

With the 10 additional teams (assuming all survive) that brings to EOS up to 50. 

Next Season that means a 16 - 17/17 league set up.

For 2021-22 they could have a 16 - 14 - 10 (N)/10(S) which would allow a more appetising pathway for the likes of Cupar Hearts or the WL Juniors.

Doesn't matter what the set up is the WL juniors are being held back by their hatred of the "traitors" who left two years ago. 

They won't move until they have no option. 

Edited by patriot1
Misspelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Cupar Hearts would be a welcome addition to the EOS. A well run club who would fill a gap in that part of Fife and finally give Saints a proper Derby. 

Now that, once more, nearly all Fife clubs of a similar standard are playing in the same league there is a way for local clubs which need to step down to the amateurs can return to the EoS level.

Also ambitious clubs which are presently Amateur or Youth can plan ahead safe in the knowledge that there is nothing to stop them progressing upwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...