New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, honestman54 said:

Im sure this has been discussed, but where do they play?

They are based at Inch Park which would need major upgrading (if any for EoSFL purposes).

Also have facilities at Fernieside Park where Tynecastle used to play before their move to Saughton. That was a ropped off park so would need upgrading as well I'd imagine. 

Not so far away from the Inch Park is Peffermill where Edinburgh Uni (grass) and Leith Athletic (astro) play. 

Maybes additional option of a groundshare ? 🤷‍♂️

Would imagine need to declare a home pitch wi their application ?

Edited by newcastle broon

They are based at Inch Park which would need major upgrading (if any for EoSFL purposes).
Also have facilities at Fernieside Park where Tynecastle used to play before their move to Saughton. That was a ropped off park so would need upgrading as well I'd imagine. 
Not so far away from the Inch Park is Peffermill where Edinburgh Uni (grass) and Leith Athletic (astro) play. 
Maybes additional option of a groundshare ? 🤷‍♂️
Would imagine need to declare a home pitch wi their application ?

Fernieside Saturday ams have use of pitches and also tolcross ams play there sometimes. So I’d imagine be busy at peffermill every sat.

5 hours ago, teamfinderscot said:

Fernieside Saturday ams have use of pitches and also tolcross ams play there sometimes. So I’d imagine be busy at peffermill every sat.

Thanks maybes somebody wi more official info will clarify where they'll be playing. 

Peffermill was just used as an example of what could be used nearby.That basically knocks that on the head then. 

29 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Thanks maybes somebody wi more official info will clarify where they'll be playing. 

Peffermill was just used as an example of what could be used nearby.That basically knocks that on the head then. 

Tried texting my mate at ES but he’s not admitting anything...

On 10/04/2020 at 11:30, Spyro said:

Totally agree. Between them and Dalkeith who initiated the later avalanche, they were the clubs with the vision and the courage to take the opportunity. We have a lot to thanks them for

I remembered the absolute ridicule the lowland league and its members took when the process first started...and i mean ridicule from all of non league football

21 hours ago, magoo said:

I remembered the absolute ridicule the lowland league and its members took when the process first started...and i mean ridicule from all of non league football

Both the Lowland League, and also the East of Scotland League have acted professionally and progressively throughout the last seven years.

Without them taking a lead, who knows where we would be now ?

43 minutes ago, Baldie2k19 said:

Really? Looks to me they're just answering a question. That's not to say they haven't applied.

They wouldn't know the answer unless they had applied..........30th April is the EGM to consider new applicants.

1 hour ago, BMan said:

They wouldn't know the answer unless they had applied..........30th April is the EGM to consider new applicants.

All the same, the tweet posted is clearly answering the question asked. Not a statement saying they've applied. Once again I'm not saying they haven't applied, they probably have.

So are the rumoured 8 No applicants to the EOSFL officially known yet? 
Be interesting to see who will be left in the East Juniors after the applicants are accepted or rejected.
Yes, all Fife Junior clubs.

28 minutes ago, BMan said:
50 minutes ago, themillerman1979 said:
Be interesting to see who will be left in the East Juniors after the applicants are accepted or rejected.

Yes, all Fife Junior clubs.

Plus an amateur team and eyemouth 

1 hour ago, themillerman1979 said:

KIRCALDY AND DYSART
THORNTON HIBS
KENNOWAY STAR HEARTS
LOCHGELLY ALBERT
NEWBURGH
LOCHORE WELFARE
LUNCARTY

ROSYTH

Plus 

EYEMOUTH UNITED returning and a one from 

EDINBURGH SOUTH YOUTH CLUB.

13 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Plus an amateur team and eyemouth 

I'm assuming, subject to meeting ground entry criteria, there won't be many (if any) objections.

Luncarty may be the interesting one given location and the potential for setting a precedent to allow teams like Lochee Utd, Broughty, Carnoustie etc access to the Lowland League pyramid route.

Edited by themillerman1979

1 minute ago, themillerman1979 said:

I'm assuming, subject to meeting ground entry criteria, there won't be many (if any) objections.

Luncarty may be the interesting one given location and the potential for setting a precedent to allow teams like Lochee Utd, Broughty, Carnoustie etc access to the Lowland League pyramid route.

Not really theirs a difference between a team where the line goes through the middle of the village and teams miles over the border otherwise why not bring in Carlisle United