New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, Tom Wilson said:

Agreed. But why does Tayport have a DD postcode and 01382 STD number? This has always puzzled me.

Same way Wick has a KW (Kirkwall) postcode, Fort William a PH (Perth) one and Oban a PA (Paisley) one. They're just conveniences for the Royal Mail in organising how they deliver the post, not definitive geographical regions.

Luncarty, Lochgelly, Lochore, Kennoway, Kirkcaldy, Newburgh, Rosyth and Thornton have all formally applied to the league.
Was there not an East Lothian team that applied? An amateur team? Or did I dream that?

If there is a West Lothian team in there to make up the 9, I'm going for West Calder.

Though I want it to be Whitburn

30 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Was there not an East Lothian team that applied? An amateur team? Or did I dream that?

If there is a West Lothian team in there to make up the 9, I'm going for West Calder.

Though I want it to be Whitburn

I want it to be Armadale, for the pure lols.

More chance of it being Hearts though.

12 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Same way Wick has a KW (Kirkwall) postcode, Fort William a PH (Perth) one and Oban a PA (Paisley) one. They're just conveniences for the Royal Mail in organising how they deliver the post, not definitive geographical regions.

Only a few years since Lewis and Harris addresses had PA too. Now HS though.

12 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

According to some, Royal Mail is clearly some authority in the sense of setting local authority boundaries...

52 minutes ago, BMan said:

I don't think it is, could be an amateur club.

Perhaps it is this club:

http://escfc.co.uk/

We are a SFA Quality Mark Accredited Community Club bringing together the some of the best resources in the south of Edinburgh to create the best possible football environment.

Providing a complete football pathway for all players from soccer school right through the pathway 4s, 5s, 7s, 11s, as well as the girls, ladies and amateur teams.

As a club we currently represent:

• 62 Teams
  • Over 700 Players
  • 160+ Coaches and Officials

11-a-side Teams, 7-a-side Teams, Our Soccer School, Soccer 4’s and Soccer 5’s

We have fantastic facilities at Inch Park Community Sports Club (IPCSC) both in terms of changing rooms and bar/kitchen//function facilites.

Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/EdinburghSouthCFC/

Edited by Pyramidic

17 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Tayport and Newport are just inside the DD boundary as are parts of Aberdeenshire. I honestly don't know why.

Kincardine in Fife has an FK postcode and Alloa postown.

4 hours ago, John S said:

Still has West Lothian in the postal address

Postal counties haven't been used by the Royal Mail since 1996. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_counties_of_the_United_Kingdom

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

Perhaps it is this club:

EDINBURGH SOUTH COMMUNITY FC

Bearing in mind the only mention of this is on the junior thread. As well as the CFC there is a Edin South Vics in the LEAFA who play at Fernieside, Tynecastle's old old ground.

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Bearing in mind the only mention of this is on the junior thread. As well as the CFC there is a Edin South Vics in the LEAFA who play at Fernieside, Tynecastle's old old ground.

Well researched. It will be interesting to see what develops. There could even be a possible link up between the two. Fernieside looks as though it would need a lot of development though:

Tynecastle005.JPG

http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/Historic/tynecastle.htm

No West Lothian clubs have applied.

That is so hugely disappointing but, I guess, entirely unsurprising. This leaves them playing in nothing more than a West Lothian league that will be little different - certainly no better and, in fact, potentially poorer - when compared to their local Saturday and Sunday amateur leagues.

Genuinely, I struggle to understand what the thought process is in West Lothian - unless they’ve all applied for the WoSFL? However, geographical integrity as mentioned by the LL/EoSFL during formative discussions on the WoSFL will surely and correctly be a knife to the heart of any such notion?

16 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

That is so hugely disappointing but, I guess, entirely unsurprising. This leaves them playing in nothing more than a West Lothian league that will be little different - certainly no better and, in fact, potentially poorer - when compared to their local Saturday and Sunday amateur leagues.

Genuinely, I struggle to understand what the thought process is in West Lothian - unless they’ve all applied for the WoSFL? However, geographical integrity as mentioned by the LL/EoSFL during formative discussions on the WoSFL will surely and correctly be a knife to the heart of any such notion?

Just a very long shot.

Maybe the hard core have applied en-masse to the new WoS? 

If so and they are rejected en-masse could there be a co-ordinated bunch of "Exceptional Circumstance" applications to the EoS?

36 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I think most of them have got what they always wanted - a local league, for local clubs. 

I think most of them have got what they always wanted - a local league, for local clubs. 
Sounds attractive to play. I'm sure the standard of players they attract wont drop.

Proper heads in the sand stuff. They may only realise the mistake when it is sadly too late to turn the cruise liner in the canal.