New clubs in the East of Scotland

Not without another vote. Current vote was specifically for two.
Ahh, okay. They won't turn teams away though. If they get closer to as many East juniors as possible it will also be in the EoS's interests going forward. Just adding one or two a season in future seasons would be easier. More certainty for future seasons.

Not sure that will be too popular.  Remember, the clubs overwhelmingly favour Premier-First-Second, just not next season. If they're faced with a change to three Conferences, then perhaps the mood would change.

Immaterial anyway until the numbers merit it.  2 x 18 teams Conferences perfectly feasible.

I have faith in them anyway. Could be another vote then. Still quite a few things all to come together though for it to happen. I still think it's win win for the EoS though, they either get the numbers for two conferences or get close to just a handful outside in the Juniors meaning less disruption for future seasons.

I do hesitate to use the phrase win win but hopefully people will realise what I mean in this circumstance.

Ahh, okay. They won't turn teams away though. If they get closer to as many East juniors as possible it will also be in the EoS's interests going forward. Just adding one or two a season in future seasons would be easier. More certainty for future seasons.
Oh absolutely. I wasn't suggesting it couldn't turn out that way, just that the current vote was carried against a proposal paper containing 2 conferences at Tier 7 and the EoS have proven time and again the membership decide on such matters.

I'm only assuming that if it goes to more than 36 (which none of us, those guys included) could have expected they would likely ask the membership again, given their form for such.

Could still be voted through as 3 conferences.

9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

There every chance what will happen - WL+Tayside will join up again or clubs will leave the EOS?

I'd guess the former as otherwise it won't be feasible for the WL sides anymore. The latter is highly unlikely obviously.

I'd guess the former as otherwise it won't be feasible for the WL sides anymore. The latter is highly unlikely obviously.
From speaking to someone who was at the ERSJFA meeting a few weeks back, they were aware then that 6 teams had applied to EoS and were told another current amateur team were considering applying to ERSJFA.

Plan at that point was to run with a 14/15 team "South Superleague".

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

From speaking to someone who was at the ERSJFA meeting a few weeks back, they were aware then that 6 teams had applied to EoS and were told another current amateur team were considering applying to ERSJFA.

Dunipace reserves?

1 minute ago, gaz5 said:

Ok, so they just want to go with a single division regardless. If they really want to stay junior, I think it would make more sense for them to link up with (what's left of) the WRJFA, but it's up to them obviously.

Interesting that an amateur team were considering applying. I wonder who?

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

Without appearing to be harsh it will hardly be a Superleague 

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Ok, so they just want to go with a single division regardless. If they really want to stay junior, I think it would make more sense for them to link up with (what's left of) the WRJFA, but it's up to them obviously.

Interesting that an amateur team were considering applying. I wonder who?

I wonder if some of the EOS/LL teams would considered running a team in Regional Junior leagues.  That is Teams who have U20’s at the moment.  There are a lot of decent laddies not quite ready for the EOS or LL who turn 20 and can only play a few games at U20’s.  May be a consideration down the line.

What proposal?  EoS have 6 clubs who have already submitted formal applications, and two more likely to.
West Lothian clubs met on Friday and there appeared to be little appetite to consider the EoS.
The EoS have agreed to Premier - Conference next season.

There is 7 formal applications I don’t want to repeat myself please.
There will be 8 very soon.
It’s Lochore’s agm tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, sniffer said:

There is 7 formal applications I don’t want to repeat myself please.
There will be 8 very soon.
It’s Lochore’s agm tomorrow.

So we have the following seven:

Rosyth
Newburgh Juniors
Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Lochgelly Albert
Thornton Hibs
Kennoway Star Hearts
Luncarty (fingers crossed)

+ impending Lochore Welfare

What about - Scone Thistle?