New clubs in the East of Scotland

58 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I believe the votes have been counted and the clubs have gone for conferences next season with a 16 team first division from season 21/22.

Know it's not what your club voted for, but think it makes sense to run the conferences one last time if it helps to speed along the demise of the east region south section and gets both the clubs joining and those already there to the appropriate level as quickly as possible.

26 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Tweet from someone presumably involved with Thornton.

I suppose if it's conferences for next season then the message warning about the deadline for entries makes sense as it's last chance saloon for the Juniors.

Can someone post the screenshot or just the link, as the tweets don't embed for me on a laptop.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not a particular fan of that if the rumours of so many clubs possibly joining.

Although I favour Conferences, once more, I am surprised that it's gone this way, if it has. There are decent arguments for both preferences.

I wonder how the teams will be split up, and will there be small divisions so that inter-conference games  can be brought in again. Guessing that there may be a roughly North-South split or even North/Central/South? Depends on the number of new teams. Maybe aim for a 16 team Division One in 2021/22 and north and south Second Divisions.

Edited by Dev
up-date

I believe the votes have been counted and the clubs have gone for conferences next season with a 16 team first division from season 21/22.
Sadly so.

The vote was overwhelmingly in favour of First and Second, but narrowly in favour of 2021-22 and not next season.

Disappointing as only 1 guaranteed promotion spot per Conference next season, makes it that bit harder to attract sponsors and players.

Just need to try and stay up.

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

Assuming there is a maximum of 16 clubs in each conference, that would mean (depending on promotions/relegations) there would be space for 8 or 9 clubs.  Thornton and Kirkcaldy have already applied so another 6 or 7 applications would push it over the 16/16 limit for two conferences and push it to three conferences.  Or perhaps they would do three conferences of 10+ clubs.  Already have 25/26 clubs with Thornton and Kirkcaldy and seems very likely there will be a few more joining.  

I wonder if there will be any regional element to it this time.  Otherwise it just seems a bit pointless.

Edited by stanley

Sadly so.

The vote was overwhelmingly in favour of First and Second, but narrowly in favour of 2021-22 and not next season.

Disappointing as only 1 guaranteed promotion spot per Conference next season, makes it that bit harder to attract sponsors and players.

Just need to try and stay up.
[emoji853]

Is this official?

Am I understanding this correctly? The 24 1st Division teams from this season, plus any new teams, are going into the appropriate number of conferences for next season?

If so, I’m disappointed at that - but it is what it is.

5 minutes ago, Dev said:

Although I favour Conferences, once more, I am surprised that it's gone this way, if it has. There are decent arguments for both preferences.

I wonder how the teams will be split up, and will there be small divisions so that inter-conference games  can be brought in again. Guessing that there may be a roughly North-South split or even North/Central/South? Depends on the number of new teams. Maybe aim for a 16 team Division One in 2021/22 and north and south Second Divisions.

You can't do this regionally if the intention is forming a First Division as far as i'm concerned. The point of going to conferences is to try and get the best teams.

The big message that this sends out is to clubs currently outside the EoS.

It means that all new clubs joining in 2021/22 will have to start at the bottom so further delay in joining will be costly.

Edited by Dev
corrections

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You can't do this regionally if the intention is forming a First Division as far as i'm concerned. The point of going to conferences is to try and get the best teams.

That may be the quickest way to get the strongest Division One but will it be the method used?