New clubs in the East of Scotland

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

We, as a club, have been a strong advocate of more local football due to our particular circumstances and preference, but have supported the ERJFA’s position during the break-up of the East Region over the past couple of years based on information provided to the club.

Don't want to read too much into this, but a week before the EOS deadline Thornton had a "pie meeting" and they had #keepbelieving in a tweet before their final game before the exodus - perhaps they were swayed by whatever (mis)information was being fed to clubs...

Edited by Ginaro

Is this official from Fauldhouse?

Fauldhouseutd

@Fauldhouseutd1

All the best to Thornton in the eos

Quote Tweet

Thornton Hibs JFC

@ThorntonHibsJFC

· 6h

Club Announcement https://thorntonhibs.com/news/club-announcement-2513853.html

3:25 pm · 19 Feb 2020·Twitter for Android

Retweets

Edited by Dev
Up-dated

On 10/02/2020 at 19:10, Burnie_man said:

This is my own personal opinion.

The league structure should have been sorted at the AGM.  At that point, the EoS should have stopped being concerned about future applications and decided the basis of a structure for season 2020-2021 and seasons going forward for the benefit of it's current members.

A single First Division of at least 14 clubs, and then a Second below that to accomodate the remainder plus new applications which most knew would be coming (which could then be regionalised if numbers demanded). That has always been my personal choice, as you say G4Mac, more opportunity to move up (and down).  Conferences have been a great solution to a unique challenge, particularly this season with inter-Conference matches, but two seasons of it is more than enough to allow the league to settle down.

However, we are where we are.  If clubs decide on a continuation of Premier with two Conferences, we are faced with potentially having 14/16 team Conferences with only the winner of each guaranteed a Premier berth, a tough ask.  From a selfish point of view, if we were to go down, I'd rather drop into a 16 team "best of the rest" First Division with three promotion spots to fight for (and maybe 3 or 4 relegation spots to avoid), every game a tough one.

Ultimately clubs will decide on their own view of the situation and that is absolutely the correct way to do it, the majority view will prevail.  Just maybe it could have been done sooner.

EDIT: That rant has been building for a while. Thanks for listening 🤣

If the Edinburgh juniors follow the  Fife clubs into the EoSL, I suspect we may end up with  North & South Divisions  at tier 8.  If there are insufficient numbers to form two full divisions at this level, the option of playing each team in your own regional division HOME & AWAY, whilst playing the clubs in the other regional division, ONCE only. This could become the permanent EoSL structure at Tier 8, with the 2 champion clubs promoted, plus a play-off between the 2 runners up., for the 3rd promotion place.

Advantages :

* two thirds of the league matches would be played against your local rivals, thereby , keeping travelling costs down

* one third of the matches would be against the clubs in the other division, which adds some variety to the fixture list.

But.....

Not sure about the West Lothian juniors. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't test the SLL resolve, by applying to join the new WoSL.  (All eyes on Fauldhouse ?).

29 minutes ago, GordonS said:

There an no Junior clubs south of the Forth and east of Pumpherston. 

Technically if we use the traditional (pre 1975) counties and the very old county names then there are two remaining junior clubs from Edinburghshire (Midlothian). Those being Pumpherston and West Calder.

2 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

Technically if we use the traditional (pre 1975) counties and the very old county names then there are two remaining junior clubs from Edinburghshire (Midlothian). Those being Pumpherston and West Calder.

You made me look up the maps on the National Library of Scotland site, and for that I am grateful.

Pumphy only just scrape in. 

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 23.56.26.png

3 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

Yes I agree.   Who changed the boundaries in 1975 , without telling me ? 

Pumperston and West Calder were the ('Midlothian') clubs I had in mind. 

Nobody on here ever seems to mention these clubs, and their future. Any recent views, updates, or rumours from/about them ?

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Deadline date for applications is 31 March 2020 and ONLY IN VERY EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THIS BE EXTENDED.

according to east of scotland website. Wonder what the exceptional circumstances is. If ersjfa is only going to have 5 teams or something that theyd let them in?

Wonder if they've been spoken to by ER teams who maybe want a wee bit more time to have discussions/AGMs. I'd be surprised if a full month isn't enough time to sort something out but I dunno folk's schedules. Maybe a club has contacted the EoS and asked for a delay for this reason?

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Wonder if they've been spoken to by ER teams who maybe want a wee bit more time to have discussions/AGMs. I'd be surprised if a full month isn't enough time to sort something out but I dunno folk's schedules. Maybe a club has contacted the EoS and asked for a delay for this reason?

i think the only exception will be if some people shit it then their isn't enough to have an ersjfa league

15 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It's always possible to put in an application and pull it after the deadline if you change your mind / the EGM votes against it. If I'm not mistaken some clubs have kept that option open when the exodus happened.

18 minutes ago, Marten said:

It's always possible to put in an application and pull it after the deadline if you change your mind / the EGM votes against it. If I'm not mistaken some clubs have kept that option open when the exodus happened.

Folk putting the cart before the horse has been a regular feature in the creation of the pyramid tho.

Agree with the post above. A team going into abeyance and a new position opening up might be the best example of exceptional circumstance

42 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Deadline date for applications is 31 March 2020 and ONLY IN VERY EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THIS BE EXTENDED.

according to east of scotland website. Wonder what the exceptional circumstances is. If ersjfa is only going to have 5 teams or something that theyd let them in?

Think it's largely to cover themselves for a reason just like that. They've had the juniors twice accuse them of poaching clubs. 

Hence the hard deadline.