New clubs in the East of Scotland

31 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Now I realise it is all about opinions, however a team sitting middle of the current ersjfa superleague would most definitely not be sitting top of either eos league this year.

From what I've seen of the ersjfa this season (admittedly limited games) the eos conferences are a decidedly better standard of football.

They are mid table with games in hand their league is tight any of them could win it. I think you are letting longtimelurker get you and its making you turn against the junior teams where we should be bringing unity something which you all called for before. Follow the lead of the original east of Scotland league teams who gave up what they had to allow us all in. 

Remember what we stand for a United pyramid inclusive to all who can make a standard 

12 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

When I’ve seen them seem like a decent side if they made move would certainly do well in current conferences if they keep their squad together.

I noticed the league's top scorer has moved to Burntisland Shipyard, which surely won't help their title challenge.

7 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Now I realise it is all about opinions, however a team sitting middle of the current ersjfa superleague would most definitely not be sitting top of either eos league this year.

From what I've seen of the ersjfa this season (admittedly limited games) the eos conferences are a decidedly better standard of football.

Well a team which was bottom of the East Superleague last season is now third in Conference B. ;)

Thornton have three games in hand and are five points off the top. They finished third last season and were 6th in the last season of the East Premier League so I think they and a few others would be very competitive in the First Division.

I'm all for a unified set up but suggesting a team will come in and sit atop a league is wrong, regardless of how good they may or may not be Alan.

I'd welcome any team from the ersjfa, you know that. What I don't like is others, who I'd wager have no basis for comparison, suggesting teams would sit at the top of each conference. (from personal experience, it's a hard place to get to and even harder to stay there)

Well a team which was bottom of the East Superleague last season is now third in Conference B. [emoji6]
Thornton have three games in hand and are five points off the top. They finished third last season and were 6th in the last season of the East Premier League so I think they and a few others would be very competitive in the First Division.
And well done to Glenrothes so far so good for them. A final push could see them get a playoff place. However you know that these things can change like the wind, a few good players in or out makes all the difference ;-)

3 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

I'm all for a unified set up but suggesting a team will come in and sit atop a league is wrong, regardless of how good they may or may not be Alan.

They didn't suggest they'd be top. They said "top end of either conference". Which in a 12 team set up I would take as Top 3 or 4.

They are mid table with games in hand their league is tight any of them could win it. I think you are letting longtimelurker get you and its making you turn against the junior teams where we should be bringing unity something which you all called for before. Follow the lead of the original east of Scotland league teams who gave up what they had to allow us all in. 

I don’t think he’s anything against the Juniors, just stating the facts which are that the East Juniors has been left a shadow of its former self, and any digs being made are more aimed towards the grade, or rather what the Junior Association left it to become.

16 hours ago, Anychance said:

think thornton should of joined last year they most definitely would be at the top end of either conference

depends if they want to spend money enclosing the pitch like I said im sure they have had planning permission for years but never done it

They couldn't have joined last year because they play in an open public park.

Why did they not erect the fence when they had permission?

Edited by Che Dail

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 09:06, Burnie_man said:

I don't think it's really any more or less attractive than a straight divisional set-up with new applicants beginning in the bottom division (which would be a slightly less demanding environment to begin in, rather than a Conference).

What's probably more of an attraction is former Junior clubs making the league much stronger and a more attractive place to be.

All that said, the LEAFA thing is a pile of poo.  There will probably be a club or two making enquires outwith current Junior clubs, but a block of clubs from one amateur league, nah. and the OP hasn't come back to expand.....

sandies but mergin with edinburgh south vicks.laurrieston but as craiggy.danderhal but mergin with a team Lothian vale or edinburgh star

16 hours ago, G4Mac said:

I'd welcome any team from the ersjfa, you know that. What I don't like is others, who I'd wager have no basis for comparison, suggesting teams would sit at the top of each conference. (from personal experience, it's a hard place to get to and even harder to stay there)

well I will take your wager just give me the money now. im a fan of EOS that's why I play in it and ive played most of the teams from both conferences this season and before I joined EOS I played against Thornton regularly and they would most definitely compete at the top of the 2 conferences so I would say I have a very good basis for comparison. lose the arrogance their is better teams outside our leagues.

12 hours ago, Che Dail said:

They couldn't have joined last year because they play in an open public park.

Why did they not erect the fence when they had permission?

they have had permission for years has never made sense to me why they haven't put anything up yet

might of ran out im not a builder don't know how long planning permission lasts or how much a fence round the park would cost

1 hour ago, Anychance said:

they have had permission for years has never made sense to me why they haven't put anything up yet

might of ran out im not a builder don't know how long planning permission lasts or how much a fence round the park would cost

As far as I know, they haven't done it yet because it's still valid and they don't have to do it yet. If they want to join the EOS, they'll make sure it will be done, I'm sure they'll also discuss the steps to take with the EOS.

well I will take your wager just give me the money now. im a fan of EOS that's why I play in it and ive played most of the teams from both conferences this season and before I joined EOS I played against Thornton regularly and they would most definitely compete at the top of the 2 conferences so I would say I have a very good basis for comparison. lose the arrogance their is better teams outside our leagues.
Arrogant for having my views..... [emoji1787]

This is an opinion related debate, which is why you are entitled to yours, however your opinion (and my own) is open to challenge.

The point I was attempting to make (having played eos, East juniors and West juniors - now coaching in the eos and having watched current ersjfa games) is that the ersjfa set up is weaker now, the eos set up is stronger and until a team is in either league it is impossible for anyone to say where they would end up in the table.

I'm not a gambler either so no money from me [emoji1]

I agree everyone entitled to their opinions but super league teams are probs stronger than most conference teams. Whereas prem teams still have a bit of catching up to do. I’ve helped some players who didn’t cut it for super league teams but signed eos conference and I don’t mean any disrespect. Either way debate is healthy and it’s good to see interest in the leagues. I think all the juniors coming wouldn’t be a bad idea but would show that the good sides still there aren’t as far behind as some people say. A few big teams have struggled since the move whereas the ones who stayed may find themselves better prepared should it happen now.

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

Arrogant for having my views..... emoji1787.png

This is an opinion related debate, which is why you are entitled to yours, however your opinion (and my own) is open to challenge.

The point I was attempting to make (having played eos, East juniors and West juniors - now coaching in the eos and having watched current ersjfa games) is that the ersjfa set up is weaker now, the eos set up is stronger and until a team is in either league it is impossible for anyone to say where they would end up in the table.

I'm not a gambler either so no money from me emoji1.png

yes your arrogance ripped out you the minute you DIDNT LIKE OTHERS & BET ME(wager was the term you used) that I had no comparison of the teams or leagues  what makes it worse the outstanding cv that you supposedly have to think Thornton wouldn't compete at the top of either conferences I would suggest you go and watch and learn more.

I suppose its irrelevant debate till they enclose the ground and apply

I suggested that I'd wager you didn't know much about the eos to make a comparison, turns out I was wrong, which I'm happy to admit [emoji4]

Although my response regarding where I'd played was more or less as you had used your experience to lend weight to your opinion, which is again perfectly normal in any debate/conversation. It wasn't a means to say my cv was outstanding.

Again, you are entitled to your opinions, I don't have to agree with them, I don't expect you to agree with mines at all. However to start throwing accusations of arrogance around is not particularly in the spirit of debate. (your caps lock appears stuck on too [emoji4])

I am a keen student of football, I work very hard to ensure my knowledge is current, although, if and when I get a chance I do like to get out and watch games at all levels.

8 hours ago, Anychance said:

yes your arrogance ripped out you the minute you DIDNT LIKE OTHERS & BET ME(wager was the term you used) that I had no comparison of the teams or leagues  what makes it worse the outstanding cv that you supposedly have to think Thornton wouldn't compete at the top of either conferences I would suggest you go and watch and learn more.

I suppose its irrelevant debate till they enclose the ground and apply

Thornton Hibs aren't even the best team in the Super-League, and since the junior mobs have jumped ship it's alot closer with tighter budgets.

Following the meeting of the West Juniors last night, it appears  that the West & East Junior leagues will NOT be joining the pyramid anytime soon, for the reasons highlighted by dozens of posts of the Future of the Juniors forum today. 

As far as this may impact on the East juniors, it may well result in several of them applying to join the EoSL for next season ?

Edited by Robert James
typo error