New clubs in the East of Scotland

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

This being a busy I thread I wonder if anyone has any suspicions ?

Screenshot_20190825-130331_Email.thumb.jpeg.a836362e6ed7b35bfa5f0c6386e9a5e1.jpeg

Not sure here, but IIRC  there was a falkirk fan that posted an GN thread ages ago about how weak passwords were cos he would sometimes spend time randomly selecting posters and being surprised how many accounts he could get onto with obvious passwords related to their team nickname etc.

32 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Not sure here, but IIRC  there was a falkirk fan that posted an GN thread ages ago about how weak passwords were cos he would sometimes spend time randomly selecting posters and being surprised how many accounts he could get onto with obvious passwords related to their team nickname etc.

Cheers buddy. He would never have got mine.

Idontreallymunchfanniesimablokehonest-69

On 25/08/2019 at 10:22, LongTimeLurker said:

If Golspie don't get floodlights over the next year no NCL clubs will be in a position to be promoted to the HL and that's not likely to change any time soon.  The HL would really need to split into two tiers to form the basis for a viable tier 6 setup comparable to the EoS that non-licensed clubs can apply to join. As the things stand it would be like making the Borders amateur league a feeder to the LL.

Golspie have had floodlights planning problems with the local residents, May be worth applying again as there has been some relaxation of UK planning regulations s in recent years. Not sure if Scotland has adopted the changes though ?

Yes, with no floodlit clubs, the NCL clubs would be unable to gain promotion under the new SFA licensing rules at the present time. The HFL had already operated a "floodlights only" rule prior to the SFA's new requirement. Unfortunately, the point about creating a Highland pyramid is to put a structure in place at tiers 6 and below, as a way of providing an incentive for junior and NCL clubs in the future. If you create a merged tier 6  'premier' feeder league for entry into the HFL, you will permanently kill the pyramid at tier 6 and below. 

If north Tayside joins as an HFL pyramid feeder, we would have 3 distinct feeder leagues, and a 'round robin' playoff system, if 3 champions were qualified. It would make the Scottish pyramid "nation wide", assuming the West joins. Clubs then make their own choices. 

However, like the South of Scotland League, it may take some years for a licensed NCL or Junior club, to qualify for entry into the HFL  promotion  playoffs to tier 5.  But I believe that this would happen over time, eg Lochee Utd, Banks O'Dee, Fort William, Brora, or Wick, if they are relegation to the NCL, or even an ambitious club like St Duthus.  To create the HFL pyramid now, would make it clear to all clubs, that there is a clear promotion pathway, should they chose to follow it.

Edited by Robert James

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Any chance of starting a Pyramid thread in the HL Forum? This is for new clubs in the East of Scotland........

Good idea BM. I was responding to some earlier posts on this forum, about the 'north' situation, which I agree  is a separate topic. 

On 24/08/2019 at 18:26, FairWeatherFan said:

We do listen to the people from up in the North. They also the NCL AND the North Region are basically amateur. The vast majority in the both regions cannot sustain couldn't sustain HL in its current form.

Which is why having 3 feeders beneath the Highland League is considered the best option. This isn't so that clubs can necessarily be promoted from it. In fact I see most people say that promotion wouldn't be automatic or would involve a playoff. The main reason its there is for Fort William or Wick Academy to be relegated to if it ever came to it.

The NCL would be to the HL what the SoSFL is to the LL. Eventually once you've got everyone in a pyramid, the 3 feeder system under the HL and the LL will no doubt change. But its the place to start.

An excellent summary re north juniors and the NCL clubs.  

Over time a Highland pyramid would evolve, and clubs would find their own level.  There is absolutely no need to exclude clubs from the north Highlands and Islands, if they wish to join the pyramid.  This is about football in Scotland, and understanding Scottish geography. The PWG needs to move away from football 'politics'.

On 25/08/2019 at 10:22, LongTimeLurker said:

If Golspie don't get floodlights over the next year no NCL clubs will be in a position to be promoted to the HL and that's not likely to change any time soon.  The HL would really need to split into two tiers to form the basis for a viable tier 6 setup comparable to the EoS that non-licensed clubs can apply to join. As the things stand it would be like making the Borders amateur league a feeder to the LL.

Sorry LTL but that is surely  irrelevant.  As you correctly state, the Border clubs can enter the pyramid by joining the East of Scotland feeder league, as geographically  it covers the Borders.

But the NCL clubs currently have no such opportunity to join the pyramid.  This ongoing  'debate'  is about allowing a north (and West) pyramid to evolve, rather than by finding problems and excuses, not to do so  

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So how long is this fascination with policing threads going to last before you start jumping into random junior threads to discuss the pyramid?

Can you show me where I jump into random Junior thread to start Pyramid discussions?

This is a thread about new clubs in the EoS (which probably wont see much traffic for a fair few months) not the merits of the NCL in the Pyramid.

Edited by Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Get real. You are one of the last people that should be preaching about staying on topic in threads given how you behave on the juniors forum. 

I know that you've lost the plot a wee bit recently, but FFS.   Are you going down your mad conspiracy theory track again that I'm Jason King? 🤣 

If you want to talk NCL/Pyramid do you think a thread about new clubs in the EoS is the place to do it? It's a pretty reasonable request, and perhaps the Highland Forum is the best place for that type of discussion as there are people on that forum who can contribute who won't look in on here.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If you are not a moderator get off your high horse and give it a rest. 

Give it a rest, I mean honestly.  Stop dragging threads waaay off tangent, trying to be reasonable about it clearly doesn't work with you at the moment in your barking phase.

Edited by Burnie_man

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If you want to talk NCL/Pyramid do you think a thread about new clubs in the EoS is the place to do it? It's a pretty reasonable request, and perhaps the Highland Forum is the best place for that type of discussion as there are people on that forum who can contribute who won't look in on here.

Its how these conversations go though and its not as if you didn't play a part in it.