New clubs in the East of Scotland

15 minutes ago, Wee Fifer said:

Not looking for an argument mate as I know you’re one of the more sensible ones around these shores. Neither am I against the idea of a fully functioning pyramid. The point I’m trying to make is that in order to achieve this all parties need to be singing from the same hymn sheet. That will never happen while you have associations pulling in different directions. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is that the constant scaremongering that went on in here by a certain poster due to his hatred and obsession with an official in one of those associations is why we are where we are. Those that were radicalised by him will disagree and I’m fine with that. They can red dot and name call me as long as they wish but it is hypocritical to say the SFA are moving goalposts and stopping clubs coming in but it’s ok for the EOS to block the juniors entering at tier 6 then accept clubs from their association after the deadline has passed.

The rules for admitting clubs to the EOS are set by the EOS and not by other bodies (like the SFA). To put them in a nutshell: if clubs apply before the deadline and match all the requirements they are pretty much guaranteed to be accepted. If they apply after the deadline it's up to the EOS to decide wether to accept them for the following season or for the season after. Accepting Kinnoul now is thus fully within the EOS rules. If they'd have been told "sorry, you're too late but you can join in 2020", that would still be within EOS rules.

As far as I know, the SJFA works pretty much in the same way.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm more powerful than I thought emoji23.png give it a rest you utter rocket

Since your exerting your influence north than usual. Can you try further west? Even a couple lanarkshire clubs would do to get the ball rolling in a west of Scotland league.

Since your exerting your influence north than usual. Can you try further west? Even a couple lanarkshire clubs would do to get the ball rolling in a west of Scotland league.
I'll see what I can do, I'll make a few calls [emoji23]

I'm more powerful than I thought [emoji23] give it a rest you utter rocket

I'll see what I can do, I'll make a few calls [emoji23]

Your power is so great that you can get Orkney FC to apply to join the SOS and accepted by them.

One step at a time......

How about letting me know what to have for tea tonight ? We’re all completely under your spell and I can’t make that decision independently.

Just now, parsforlife said:

How about letting me know what to have for tea tonight ? We’re all completely under your spell and I can’t make that decision independently.

:lol:   I'm going to guess at fish.

8 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Late 1800s I would imagine given there was a strong Perthshire league up until the late 1960s. Scone Thistle and Luncarty are the Last of the Mohicans for the juniors in the immediate Perth area.  Bankfoot, Balbeggie and Perth Celtic have all fallen by the wayside in relatively recent times.

Cheers.

8 hours ago, Marten said:

Out of Scone and Luncarty only Scone could potentially still join the EOS. Luncarty are just north of the Tay line.

Of course Scone are north of the Tay itself.

Sort of footballing "terra nullius".

9 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Kinnoull were fined £1100 which is rather steep.
Obviously many believe I make up stuff on here but this one is a no brainer.

You're not the only to have said since the announcement of Kinnoull joining the EoS. It's just strange timing how this 19 point deduction and £1,100 hasn't been mentioned until now with the leagues wrapped up for a while.

What exactly is the offence meant to have been?

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Of course Scone are north of the Tay itself.

Sort of footballing "terra nullius".

Ironically, Luncarty are south of the Tay itself and north of the Tay line. The exact opposite from Scone!

Polish keeper wasn't cleared properly. I'm with the uncle of a player in Belgium the now but he's blootered. So not got the actual offence.

Also told it was north end who put in the protest after kinnoull beat them.

Not sure if that was a league game or what.

7 minutes ago, Marten said:

Ironically, Luncarty are south of the Tay itself and north of the Tay line. The exact opposite from Scone!

I'm pretty sure it's actually the town of Luncarty that's split by the boundary line, and it's only the fact that the ground is on the North side makes them a Highland League area team.

56.4518N Luncarty's ground

56.4513N HL/LL boundary

56.4484N Luncarty town pin on Google maps.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm pretty sure it's actually the town of Luncarty that's split by the boundary line, and it's only the fact that the ground is on the North side makes them a Highland League area team.

56.4518N Luncarty's ground

56.4513N HL/LL boundary

56.4484N Luncarty town pin on Google maps.

Yep, if they would move to the park just south of their ground, they'd be in LL area! That's the downside of a boundary based on a straight line of latitude as opposed to using (historical) political boundaries for example like they use in many other countries.

Doubt the hypothetical fates of Luncarty or Scone were even thought of when it was fixed as a latitude line not river itself.

As the old saying has it: "only 3 men ever understood the Schleswig-Holstein Question"...

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Is there a high-level SJFA strategy to prevent people becoming radical pyramidistas?

Anyway, here's a statement from Kinnoull

"well run trusted organisation" - let's see what Maxwell and Petrie do about the assurance Greenhorn gave them during the earlier discussions that the EOS would not accept Clubs after 31 March 19 !!!

8 minutes ago, Ephesus said:

"well run trusted organisation" - let's see what Maxwell and Petrie do about the assurance Greenhorn gave them during the earlier discussions that the EOS would not accept Clubs after 31 March 19 !!!

Their was no such agreement. The lowland league was meant to be only licensed teams at 31st March but since sfa fucked it up they extended it

28 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Their was no such agreement. The lowland league was meant to be only licensed teams at 31st March but since sfa fucked it up they extended it

Up to you to believe what you want. The assurance was given by him.