New clubs in the East of Scotland

Wow. Did anyone see that coming? Wasn't even a whisper of a late application as far as I knew. But welcome on board Kinnoull. 

Just a shame that as we gain one club we lose another. As has been pointed out above Crossgates can be Eyemouth's inspiration. 

I was going to say it's not like Kinnoull would be making a move like this with an eye on licensing. And I very much doubt that's their primary reason especially with how late this has all come about.
However, a quick check shows that they are listed as having floodlights on NonLeagueScotland. While there are other licensing hurdles to jump through with them not having any cover listed. Floodlights are obviously seen as the big ticket item that would usually hinder a club's ambitions.
They do have lights bit unsure if they are good enough for matches.

Great to see our city rivals joining us in EOS though

Thought it would come to this for a year, knew last week it was actually happening. The only decision they could take imo and although the option is there for a return, my personal opinion is I can’t see it. There’s little appetite down here at present amongst players to play EOS, which again is understandable. No one came forward for the managers job, so no real player recruitment. Feel for the small but hard working committee, but also for all  the youth players, which there are many and are well run, who may never get to play for the town above amateur level now. It’s just a fucking shame 

6 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Thought it would come to this for a year, knew last week it was actually happening. The only decision they could take imo and although the option is there for a return, my personal opinion is I can’t see it. There’s little appetite down here at present amongst players to play EOS, which again is understandable. No one came forward for the managers job, so no real player recruitment. Feel for the small but hard working committee, but also for all  the youth players, which there are many and are well run, who may never get to play for the town above amateur level now. It’s just a fucking shame 

Does Eyemouth at least have a team(s) in the Borders League to keep the interest going? Just looking at the team names there are none with Eyemouth in it.

6 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Shame to hear that, will you keep running your youth teams? And will there be a team in the amateur leagues? All the best for the future.

7 hours ago, sniffer said:

Is no one wondering why ?
Let’s get the truth put on the table .
And will it happen ?

What because their Junior comrades shafted them and got 19 point deduction for a mistake. They didn't realise they needed international clearance for a guy who had it. SImple mistake. No luck your even forcing your own clubs out

9 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

It’s a real shame that Eyemouth have had to withdraw next season, hopefully it’s only a temporary measure in order to re-group. If season 2020-2021 goes Premier-First-Second then maybe it will be easier re-joining at the bottom level with teams who aren’t going to hand out pastings every week. 

I’ll get my trip to Eyemooth yet Heed!  In the meantime, you could become a Blackburn fan for a season, I’ll see if I can hook you up with Susan Boyle :lol:

Sad to see Eyemouth go given they have a long history at this level and had a great Scottish cup run back in the 50s, but if having a Borders amateur team would be a better fit for the players locally there is no harm moving to a level where you can be competitive as is also the case with Selkirk, Duns and Kelso. Coldstream, Gala and Vale of Leithen seem to be able to hold their own in the EoS and LL and Berwick Rangers have a moutain to climb to return to the SPFL so there's probably always going to be Borders teams around at tier five and six sort of level. Glenrothes and then Kinnoull moving shows that there is probably going to be a slow death by a thousand cuts for the ERSJFA south of the Tay Bridge midpoint boundary as the years pass even if there is never another mass exodus. Guess they want to try to keep up with the Joneses where Jeanfield Swifts are concerned.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Does Eyemouth at least have a team(s) in the Borders League to keep the interest going? Just looking at the team names there are none with Eyemouth in it.

No team in the BA, they did run a team in it for years and they’ve tried to apply to get back in in the past,  but I believe a shortage of referees already is a problem 

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Shame to hear that, will you keep running your youth teams? And will there be a team in the amateur leagues? All the best for the future.

Yes the youths will keep going, it’s a good set up for them 

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It’s a real shame that Eyemouth have had to withdraw next season, hopefully it’s only a temporary measure in order to re-group. If season 2020-2021 goes Premier-First-Second then maybe it will be easier re-joining at the bottom level with teams who aren’t going to hand out pastings every week. 

I’ll get my trip to Eyemooth yet Heed!  In the meantime, you could become a Blackburn fan for a season, I’ll see if I can hook you up with Susan Boyle :lol:

:lol: can she bake ?? She always gives me the impression she’d make a mean cheese scone, this could swing a meet up with her 

Very sad to see Eyemouth go - and experience of Kelso and Duns before them bodes badly of returning, but lets hope so.

Pleasing to see another new club in the shape of Kinnoull. When were there last no Juniors in Perth?

6 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

:lol: can she bake ?? She always gives me the impression she’d make a mean cheese scone, this could swing a meet up with her 

No sure, apparently does a mean Jeely Piece, or a Lemon Curd one if you behave :lol:

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Pleasing to see another new club in the shape of Kinnoull. When were there last no Juniors in Perth?

Late 1800s I would imagine given there was a strong Perthshire league up until the late 1960s. Scone Thistle and Luncarty are the Last of the Mohicans for the juniors in the immediate Perth area.  Bankfoot, Balbeggie and Perth Celtic have all fallen by the wayside in relatively recent times.

16 minutes ago, Wee Fifer said:

Don’t talk sh1te Alan. You need to get a f*cking grip mate. ( look at me I’m all grown up now , thanks Spyro)

Were Dundonald not shafted by their comrades for a similar simple mistake? 

Then there’s Kelty and Bo’ness, surely can’t have forgotten them being shafted by their comrades for mistakes. After all you are a Camelon fanny remember. 

Dundonald and kelty were put out the competition. Not derailing their whole season and getting fined aswell

18 minutes ago, Wee Fifer said:

Don’t talk sh1te Alan. You need to get a f*cking grip mate. ( look at me I’m all grown up now , thanks Spyro)

Were Dundonald not shafted by their comrades for a similar simple mistake? 

Then there’s Kelty and Bo’ness, surely can’t have forgotten them being shafted by their comrades for mistakes. After all you are a Camelon fanny remember. 

Add to that it was dealt with at the time not at the end of the season when most of the games were at the start of the season. Kelty held their hands up themselves. Before we protested

34 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Late 1800s I would imagine given there was a strong Perthshire league up until the late 1960s. Scone Thistle and Luncarty are the Last of the Mohicans for the juniors in the immediate Perth area.  Bankfoot, Balbeggie and Perth Celtic have all fallen by the wayside in relatively recent times.

Kinnoull have lights as well, which may need refurbished but they have the infrastructure there.  A good starting point to get Licenced.

19 minutes ago, Wee Fifer said:

How many ERSJFA clubs south of the tay bridge have went the way of Selkirk and Eyemouth this season?

A lucky season plenty have went in the past few years. Some came back like Crossgates. Bankfoot and ballingry Rovers never returned

51 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Out of Scone and Luncarty only Scone could potentially still join the EOS. Luncarty are just north of the Tay line.

27 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

A lucky season plenty have went in the past few years. Some came back like Crossgates. Bankfoot and ballingry Rovers never returned

Crossgates have surely?