New clubs in the East of Scotland

26 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Bonnyrigg have been unfairly screwed over by the SFAs decision to move the goalpost (a decision that seems 100% deliberate) at the last second so I can’t blame them for feet stamping as any club in their position would do the same.

Didn’t Whitehill do a bit of feet stamping themselves to try and get a rule change when the demise of Selkirk meant the LL rules said the 15th place club would be relegated as bottom even if Berwick didn’t come down.

The SFA are to blame for this whole mess but the correct out come should be Bonnyrigg promoted and Whitehill relegated. The last second floodlight rule and not giving Bonnyrigg derogation was ridiculous. If the SFA were so adamant about floodlights immediately 3 LL teams should be going down and replaced by teams with floodlights.

This whole saga is no more Bonnyrigg’s doing than it is Whitehill’s

Jeezo calm yer jets ,yer talking a good game but I was only getting to the fact that ww haven't gone running to the local paper (yet) :P

I feel for Bonnyrigg and WW, it’s not an ideal situation, but then I remember when the LL started up and none of the founder members that were ex EOS gave a shiny shite what a shite state they left it in 

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's no reason why it should be 17 teams next season. The LL Board provided the waiver for EoS clubs who get licensed after March 31st up until the SFA AGM and WW finished in a position that would have led to being relegated even if Selkirk had still be around. Things are following their normal course.

The LL has done the right thing, although more communication about what was happening and decisions still to be made would have helped everyone.

The SFA however will come of the process with no integrity or credibility that they have acted in the best interests of either the clubs or the game.

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

I feel for Bonnyrigg and WW, it’s not an ideal situation, but then I remember when the LL started up and none of the founder members that were ex EOS gave a shiny shite what a shite state they left it in 

Excellent point my old pal.I just want a day oot in Berwick :lol: See you sometime soon though :thumsup2

17 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Excellent point my old pal.I just want a day oot in Berwick :lol: See you sometime soon though :thumsup2

:P

looks like tweedmouth in a cup pal. Always had a soft spot for WW, but never the LL, from recollection it was imo hurriedly set up and gave no thought to the league they left behind in tatters. Neither club have been treat well here by the buffoons in charge, but the way BR have got these lights up, I would say they’ve had a heeds up off someone and you’re fucked mate 

11 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

:P

looks like tweedmouth in a cup pal. Always had a soft spot for WW, but never the LL, from recollection it was imo hurriedly set up and gave no thought to the league they left behind in tatters. Neither club have been treat well here by the buffoons in charge, but the way BR have got these lights up, I would say they’ve had a heeds up off someone and you’re fucked mate 

:lol: more chance of playing Berwick than Tweedmouth if still in LL territory though.

Very true bud I said that elsewhere that it was just in time for the LL agm. 

They've just used a bigger broon envelope than we could ever manage I'd imagine :whistle:thumsup2

Ach good luck to them still plenty games of interest in  EOSFL que sera sera. :)

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

On Berwick website it states that the LL AGM is tomorrow.

The EoS AGM is also tomorrow.

Maybes that's why it's been so quiet media wise wi the whole situation. 

I was convinced someone on here (I ken I should know better) said it was Monday past  ?

Screenshot_20190605-183626_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by newcastle broon

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

If you read the Midlothian advertiser over the past few weeks ive mistakenly read it as poor old Bonnyrigg  then :rolleyes:

The other 5 clubs rightly aggrieved don't seem to be getting the publicity albeit no winning promotion ? 

Yip I've said time after time now ww deserve to go doon but put your club in ww shoes would you take it lying doon  ? 

It's certainly gonnae be an interesting set of affairs going forward whichever way the SFA interpret it all  ? 

The Midlothian Advertiser that’s a real heavyweight paper of football gossip and news . I realise that any contributions of articles are voluntary. I don’t even know if they have a Sports Editor.

C’mon The Rose 

21 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Really? Are we going there? Are you out searching for something to be offended by? I can safely assume since neither original poster took umbrage they were male. Change it to people or persons or folks if you would like.

From that I assume you don't know they're male.

Which was my point.

"Folks" would have avoided any misunderstanding.

3 minutes ago, rockson said:

Which was my point.

Wonder what Peter Heatherston is up to these days.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hetherston-faces-action-over-jibes-at-female-ref-1-493563

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Which was my point.

Ffs... Really? You felt it necessary to search through these posts (I haven't seen you post here before) to pull me up for saying gents instead of folks. Dear, dear me.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I meant no offence to anyone when I used the word gents instead of folks and hope that no one has been offended by me using the word gents instead of folks, particularly if one of the original posters was in fact a female poster. All views are my own.

Happy now? Does that meet your posting standards? Any other helpful life hints and tips?