New clubs in the East of Scotland

10 hours ago, Robert James said:

Yes border towns have very good settings and facilities. They are a pleasure to visit.

Are you sure that your Under 15's team played at Yarrow Park : Selkirk FC's former ground, or was it at an alternative venue  ?

It was a different venue. Would be great for them to get use of Yarrow Park.

I was just looking at last year to get a sense of when clubs were announced as joining the EoS. About a week after March 31st there was a meeting with the applicants and it wasn't until April 26th when there was a meeting accepting new members.

While it should be a lot simpler this year with an apparent lack of applicants. That's probably the kind of time frame before there's any official announcement.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I was just looking at last year to get a sense of when clubs were announced as joining the EoS. About a week after March 31st there was a meeting with the applicants and it wasn't until April 26th when there was a meeting accepting new members.

While it should be a lot simpler this year with an apparent lack of applicants. That's probably the kind of time frame before there's any official announcement.

I understand that that there will be an EoSL meeting around the middle of April, when clubs will be advised about new applicants. 

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

The next general meeting is two weeks today, should know more after that who all applied in the end.  I suspect Glenrothes are the only East Junior to have applied.

So it looks like 3 new applications only : Glenrothes (Juniors), Syngenta, and Glenrothes Strollers.  Is anyone aware of any other applicants ? 

Whitehill Welfare will be relegated to the EoS, unless they successfully apply for re-election to fill the 'Selkirk vacancy'.  Conversely, the EoS could lose 2 clubs promoted to the Lowland League. 

Not heard whether the West Juniors will/will not join the pyramid for next season, in the event that the East Juniors tier 6 pyramid situation isn't resolved for 2019/20 (?). Where does that potential problem, leave Clydebank ?

So it looks like 3 new applications only : Glenrothes (Juniors), Syngenta, and Glenrothes Strollers.  Is anyone aware of any other applicants ? 
Whitehill Welfare will be relegated to the EoS, unless they successfully apply for re-election to fill the 'Selkirk vacancy'.  Conversely, the EoS could lose 2 clubs promoted to the Lowland League. 
Not heard whether the West Juniors will/will not join the pyramid for next season, in the event that the East Juniors tier 6 pyramid situation isn't resolved for 2019/20 (?). Where does that potential problem, leave Clydebank ?
Clydebank would remain where they are in a 'no deal' situation. Ofc if a new senior WOSL springs up Clydebank would be one of first clubs to join imo.

10 hours ago, Robert James said:

Don't think whitehill want lowland. Due to monetary problems. 

27 minutes ago, junglehenry said:

Don't think whitehill want lowland. Due to monetary problems. 

Finances not helped by need for Whitehill to install floodlights under new SFA licensing rules.

Given this change, I also assume that the Lowland will come into line with the Highland League regarding floodlights, which would mean that CS Strollers & Vale of Leithen would need a derogation to remain at tier 5 .

6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Finances not helped by need for Whitehill to install floodlights under new SFA licensing rules.

Given this change, I also assume that the Lowland will come into line with the Highland League regarding floodlights, which would mean that CS Strollers & Vale of Leithen would need a derogation to remain at tier 5 .

Could demote these three to the EOS and replace with the conference winners if they all are licensed at the next SFA board meeting 

8 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Could demote these three to the EOS and replace with the conference winners if they all are licensed at the next SFA board meeting 

:lol: And while yer at it why don't you do a complete overhaul of the LL and demote the groundsharers as well,it's a piece o piss having ready made grounds that are up to the task of licensing :thumsup2

Edited by newcastle broon

9 hours ago, Robert James said:

Derogation !!!

HFL need to come into line wi the LL and find other leagues to create a proper pyramid. Clubs year after year staying tier 5 is an absolute piss take ! 

Edited by newcastle broon

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Derogation !!!

HFL need to come into line wi the LL and find other leagues to create a proper pyramid. Clubs year after year staying tier 5 is an absolute piss take ! 

You can't have a north pyramid unless you have clubs/leagues below tier 5 who want to join it.

At the present time, the North Juniors don't appear to be interested in joining the pyramid. Not sure why.  Whilst the north of the Tay Bridge Juniors are apparently only interested in joining the EoSL, which is in the Lowland pyramid region.

As far as I am aware,  the SFA, the SPFL, the Lowland League, and the EoSL are not proposing any change in the Highland/Lowland boundary, as has been pointed out on here,  on dozens of posts.

The NCL has indicated that it would be interested , IF a north pyramid is formed below tier 5 (also involving the north Juniors, as a separate feeder league), and the pyramid is extended to include the  north & west Highlands and islands.

N B :   Do you have a problem with "derogation" ?.

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Where have you heard this  ? 

Just grapevine chat. I think it makes sense for them to drop to the top tier of EOS. I can't see them wanting to re-apply for Lowland. Gone are the times of Micky Lawson being able to call on bodies and them having a decent side.

Same applies to Vale Of Leithen albeit keith Mcleod and a few others played and they beat cumbernauld colts 5-0 I wonder if the financial side is taking its toll on clubs in there.

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Derogation !!!

Surely it's not the Highland League's responsibility to "find" leagues who want to feed into them?  By all accounts the NRJFA aren't interested so what are they meant to do? 

Maybe it's the SFA who need to actually do something useful for a change and form a NoSFL to feed into it and invite clubs to apply. If you don't try then you don't get anywhere. 

Perhaps they are already trying to do this, but the north is rarely discussed at PWG meetings, and now we have the added complication of floodlights required for a licence, which wont help.  A great many Junior clubs up there are effectively amateur.

3 hours ago, Robert James said:

You can't have a north pyramid unless you have clubs/leagues below tier 5 who want to join it.

At the present time, the North Juniors don't appear to be interested in joining the pyramid. Not sure why.  Whilst the north of the Tay Bridge Juniors are apparently only interested in joining the EoSL, which is in the Lowland pyramid region.

As far as I am aware,  the SFA, the SPFL, the Lowland League, and the EoSL are not proposing any change in the Highland/Lowland boundary, as has been pointed out on here,  on dozens of posts.

The NCL has indicated that it would be interested , IF a north pyramid is formed below tier 5 (also involving the north Juniors, as a separate feeder league), and the pyramid is extended to include the  north & west Highlands and islands.

N B :   Do you have a problem with "derogation" ?.

No got a problem wi derogation just the HFL bottom club remaining at tier 5. 

Do any other countries have separate relegations from the same tiers  ?

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

No got a problem wi derogation just the HFL bottom club remaining at tier 5. 

Do any other countries have separate relegations from the same tiers  ?

Yes. I'd imagine this will happen in most pyramids around the world - there aren't going to be an equal number of leagues in every region. For example, in the English pyramid there are leagues at Level 20 in Avon, Norfolk, Devon, Stroud and Yorkshire, but nowhere else.