New clubs in the East of Scotland

11 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ok that's scary. Please tell me you haven't been saving that.

I've had this date in the diary since the fixtures came out in June, it's the first competitive fixture abroad for the Rose. Plan is to go on Saturday as a family, I and possibly the big child will go to the game and then afterwards we're going to walk the sands to Lindisfarne in the gloaming. What could possibly go wrong?

Your citizenship could be revoked so you won't be allowed back across the border?

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

Your citizenship could be revoked so you won't be allowed back across the border?

Well I was more worried about being winched into an HM Coastguard helicopter but now you've given me something else to worry about.

57 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Well I was more worried about being winched into an HM Coastguard helicopter but now you've given me something else to worry about.

I’ve checked the tide book, you’ll be fine 

28 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ok that's scary. Please tell me you haven't been saving that.

I've had this date in the diary since the fixtures came out in June, it's the first competitive fixture abroad for the Rose. Plan is to go on Saturday as a family, I and possibly the big child will go to the game and then afterwards we're going to walk the sands to Lindisfarne in the gloaming. What could possibly go wrong?

Nah, just found it recently when searching for something else in the forum. :) Enjoy the trip.

2 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I’ve checked the tide book, you’ll be fine 

Oh I'd already checked that. It's the combination of early darkness, my missus being the world's stupidest genius/cleverest idiot and my "independently spirited" children I'm more concerned about.

The plan is to drop two at the start, drive to the other side, other two start from there and we hand over the car keys when we meet in the middle. Best laid plans and all that.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Oh I'd already checked that. It's the combination of early darkness, my missus being the world's stupidest genius/cleverest idiot and my "independently spirited" children I'm more concerned about.

The plan is to drop two at the start, drive to the other side, other two start from there and we hand over the car keys when we meet in the middle. Best laid plans and all that.

Holy island is a magical place,  enjoy your day 

B09BB2DD-0912-4DC5-99A2-5AE7934EFD90.jpeg

1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

Holy island is a magical place,  enjoy your day 

B09BB2DD-0912-4DC5-99A2-5AE7934EFD90.jpeg

Ta, I've been before, it's a bit special. Last time was two years ago, I walked across the sands alone early in the morning. Looking forward to repeating it with the family, hopefully with a nice sunset.

Yet pathetic bloke than I am, it could be a near-transcendent experience but if Linlithgow don't get a result at Tweedmouth I'll be miserable the whole way :lol:. I spent last Saturday night muttering "fucking Ormiston???" every 10 minutes, I wouldn't want a repeat.

14 hours ago, The clean living guy said:

Merger of 2 Edinburgh clubs to form a super club? Are any of Wallace Mercers family involved? 

I'm not sure "Craigroyston Leith  Athletic FC" will have the fans queuing at the turnstiles.  Sadly though I think football facilities are way down the list of priorities for Edinburgh Council, look at the mess they're making of Meadowbank redevelopment, it seems they want to drive football away from it.

Could they potentially "merge" and stay with the name Leith Athletic?  I could see that happening as it's the more famous name.

There are already quite a lot of Edinburgh senior clubs and not a lot of suitable facilities so I can see why they might go down the merger route.

20 minutes ago, stanley said:

Could they potentially "merge" and stay with the name Leith Athletic?  I could see that happening as it's the more famous name.

There are already quite a lot of Edinburgh senior clubs and not a lot of suitable facilities so I can see why they might go down the merger route.

Postal Utd Tollcross Utd Manor Thistle and Edinburgh Athletic are Edinburgh clubs that have disappeared in my time following the EOSFL. 

I'm sure the hard working Craigroyston committee might see different. 

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm not sure "Craigroyston Leith  Athletic FC" will have the fans queuing at the turnstiles.  Sadly though I think football facilities are way down the list of priorities for Edinburgh Council, look at the mess they're making of Meadowbank redevelopment, it seems they want to drive football away from it.

Where would they play? St Marks seems very basic. 

7 minutes ago, The clean living guy said:

Where would they play? St Marks seems very basic. 

I'd assume so as Leith are effectively homeless after being kicked out of Meadowbank 3G.    St.Marks has a great playing surface but is a little basic.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Postal Utd Tollcross Utd Manor Thistle and Edinburgh Athletic are Edinburgh clubs that have disappeared in my time following the EOSFL. 

The Lothian Thistle name survived its merger so perhaps both names will be incorporated.  

20 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'd assume so as Leith are effectively homeless after being kicked out of Meadowbank 3G.    St.Marks has a great playing surface but is a little basic.

How about Leith Craigroyston FC ?  Who owns St Marys ?

20 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Yes the Meadowbank debacle is appalling. Have Edinburgh City FC been able to get the council to agree any changes/improvements to their original planning approval ?  

Edited by Robert James
typo error

33 minutes ago, Robert James said:

How about Leith Craigroyston FC ?  Who owns St Marys ?

Yes the Meadowbank debacle is appalling. Have Edinburgh City FC been able to get the council to agree any changes/improvements to their original planning approval ?  

Craigleith fc. How far along is this and is it going to happen

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I was at Manor Thistle's first ever EOSL game against Pencaitland, played at the Jewel and Esk Valley College. Do I win £5?

Manor Thistle merged with Telman Star Amateurs to become Edinburgh Athletic who then merged with Leith Athletic Amateurs to become the current Leith Athletic team who play in the East of Scotland League.

Maybe Craigie, Leith Athletic and Pilton should merge to form CLAP FC.....