New clubs in the East of Scotland

14 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:
Scotland's upcoming campaign in the UEFA Nations League is going to seriously mess with heads.

I think I understand it. We're playing at home to Albania on a Tuesday night in Elgin and if we win we get to play Israel to qualify for the Confederation Cup. Is that it?

Prettymuch. Basically it's:

25 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:
Scotland's upcoming campaign in the UEFA Nations League is going to seriously mess with heads.

I think I understand it. We're playing at home to Albania on a Tuesday night in Elgin and if we win we get to play Israel to qualify for the Confederation Cup. Is that it?

Plus the winner of the Israel tie also becomes club 40 in next years EOS - in Conference A of course as it's the only one of the three conferences that our national team could possibly win!

1 hour ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Plus the winner of the Israel tie also becomes club 40 in next years EOS - in Conference A of course as it's the only one of the three conferences that our national team could possibly win!

Wrong. It will be Monday in Orkney, and in conference D.

Edited by Robert James

6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Wrong. It will be Monday in Orkney, and in conference D.

Conference D an interesting one - nice wee away days for Orkney in the Isle of Man, Federated State of Micronesia, and Armadale - the last of which voiced the most displeasure of joining the Scottish pyramid!

Conference D an interesting one - nice wee away days for Orkney in the Isle of Man, Federated State of Micronesia, and Armadale - the last of which voiced the most displeasure of joining the Scottish pyramid!
When Orkney inevitably rise through the pyramid, can anybody confirm whether they will be in northern or southern section of the league cup?

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For some people that aren't following the happenings in the the EoS this year, I can understand a certain confusion. It's the fact you have the likes of above thinking the conferences were set in stone. As if promotion and relegation are entirely foreign concepts.

That's fair enough, but I'd hope that managers of clubs in the ERSJFA would understand it, though.

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
1 hour ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

When Orkney inevitably rise through the pyramid, can anybody confirm whether they will be in northern or southern section of the league cup?

Depends on whether they're seeded or not.

Can you me through what it means?
Well, 200 years ago John Letts invented the diary, and to this day they are produced by Letts in a factory in Dalkeith's leafy Cowden.

Now people from Dalkeith can use a Letts diary and turn forward a few weeks and write down, for example, "Elgin away" on a given Tuesday in January to correspond with a "fixture list" published by the league.

It's a bold move by the EOSL, I'm not sure I approve. I preferred the old system of keeping Saturday's free just in case.

Well, 200 years ago John Letts invented the diary, and to this day they are produced by Letts in a factory in Dalkeith's leafy Cowden.

Now people from Dalkeith can use a Letts diary and turn forward a few weeks and write down, for example, "Elgin away" on a given Tuesday in January to correspond with a "fixture list" published by the league.

It's a bold move by the EOSL, I'm not sure I approve. I preferred the old system of keeping Saturday's free just in case.
Thanks, still not entirely sure. .....

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:
8 hours ago, Le Tout P said:
Holy crap, it's a fixture list.

Can you me through what it means?

Are you so shocked by the thought of a fixture list that you forgot how to write in proper English?