New clubs in the East of Scotland

23 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Think you’re getting confused! The winner of the EoS playoff, assuming no changes to relegation spots, has a one off tie vs the SoS winners to gain a Lowland spot.

The Lowland winners play the HL champs and Club 42.

sorted

2 hours ago, Dysart said:

To save me reading through 115 pages of posts, can someone confirm that there will be some sort of end of season play-offs between the three conference winners to crown an overall champion/

Nothing has been announced, but I think it's unlikely that they will cut cards.

22 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Hopefully that's wrong, its absurd that the LL would not go to 2 relegation places give the changes in the EoS.

I've said before the LL already technically has 2 relegation places should club 42 get relegated .A high percentage of SPFL2 clubs fall within the LL boundary so would automatically relegate 2nd bottom of the LL. 

It's the SPFL that should be looking at automatically promoting the HFL/LL champions but canny see that happening anytime soon.

I very much doubt the LL will agree to additional relegation places wi the system they have just now for advancing UP the leagues.

Interesting that the 3 "conference" winners will have a "round-robin play-off" to decide overall Champions.  From my Leith Athletic records I have details of when there was such a "play-off" to decide the Scottish League, Div 2 Champions at the end of the 1914/15 season. Cowdenbeath, Leith Athletic & St Bernard's all tied on 37 points & the League decided on a 3-way play-off on neutral grounds over 3 Saturdays.  10 April Cowdenbeath beat Leith 2-1 at East End Park; 17 April Leith beat St Bernard's 2-1 at Easter Road; 24 April Cowdenbeath beat St Bernard's 3-1 at Easter Road.  So, Cowdenbeath declared Champions.  Not sure what would have happened mind if say two clubs tied on points etc in play -off.   Guessing something along those lines planned for EoS next season but maybe condensed into 1 week.

19 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I've said before the LL already technically has 2 relegation places should club 42 get relegated .A high percentage of SPFL2 clubs fall within the LL boundary so would automatically relegate 2nd bottom of the LL. 

It's the SPFL that should be looking at automatically promoting the HFL/LL champions but canny see that happening anytime soon.

I very much doubt the LL will agree to additional relegation places wi the system they have just now for advancing UP the leagues.

What happens in the SPFL shouldn't affect the promotion places on offer to the EoS, 2 should be the minimum guaranteed amount.  Once the WoS comes on stream it really should go to 3 places.

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

What happens in the SPFL shouldn't affect the promotion places on offer to the EoS, 2 should be the minimum guaranteed amount.  Once the WoS comes on stream it really should go to 3 places.

But what it does affect then is the LL clubs.

Do you think they will vote on extra relegation places?

I doubt it myself personally. 

4 minutes ago, lowenan said:

If Cove go up and Cowdenbeath go down, and you also have three up from WOS/EOS/SOS, then you have four down from the LL. That's too much, 

Not in a 16 team league, and it would be only 3 down more often than not, and perhaps less if an un-licenced club fills one of the promotion places.

We need fluidity in the Pyramid to make it work.  25 Junior clubs have placed faith in it, the EoS and its members have been brilliant in handling the situation, now it needs a bit of a buy-in from the LL.   I agree the SPFL need to automatically relegate the bottom club as well, that's a no brainer, but promotion from the EoS shouldn't be contingent on that happening.

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

But what it does affect then is the LL clubs.

Do you think they will vote on extra relegation places?

I doubt it myself personally. 

My understanding was that a vote would take place at the AGM and that the LL was open to more relegation spots in order to bring through stronger clubs below.   The stronger clubs have arrived (Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow, Penicuik, Bo'ness etc), the relegation/promotion places haven't as yet, hopefully that is a discussion point for the LL soon.

17 minutes ago, Boris57 said:

...Guessing something along those lines planned for EoS next season but maybe condensed into 1 week.

Think they can do a penalty shootout at the end of each game to help minimize the risk of having to have an additional tiebreaker.

I suspect the Lowland League will want to see a few more licenced clubs in the EoSFL first - there's no point in having two promotion places if the winners can't go up anyway. Maybe from next season, also when there'll be a single division.

3 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I suspect the Lowland League will want to see a few more licenced clubs in the EoSFL first - there's no point in having two promotion places if the winners can't go up anyway. Maybe from next season, also when there'll be a single division.

It's been a possibility for the last couple of seasons anyway, if the second bottom team gets a reprieve it doesn't harm anyone (just like VoL's reprieve when Cowdenbeath won the Cove match) 

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

....The stronger clubs have arrived (Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow, Penicuik, Bo'ness etc), the relegation/promotion places haven't as yet, hopefully that is a discussion point for the LL soon.

Suspect it will take a WoSL to emerge to get the second promotion place into the LL. It will take a decade or so for everything to  sort itself out, because of the bizarre way in which the pyramid was launched and given the way self interest driven agendas will ensure that the LL clubs aren't going to easily give up the advantage they derived from being the first on board. Having said that I'm pleasantly surprised that the powers that be in senior football have been so open to a large influx of strong east region clubs and are expressing willingness to do the same in the west, because that is going to ultimately knock a lot of LL and some SPFL clubs down a tier or two and they will no doubt be fully aware of that.  The good thing is that in time there is going to be a significantly better system than has been in place previously for all the clubs involved. Hopefully the west can get its pyramid entry sorted out over the next 12 months, so the whole process happens as quickly and as smoothly as possible under the circumstances.

The fear of being stuck in the EoSFL with only promotion spot after relegation will overcome the fear of getting relegated once a couple of clubs go down and find themselves marooned. Long term it's in the best interests to all have a bit of movement but, just over a year ago, the EoSFL was a poor league with almost no licensed clubs so there was no need to increase promotion/relegation. That's obviously changed now but everything that follows will almost always be a season behind. A year from now, when they're starting their new premier league I think you'll see at least one extra automatic relegation place from the Lowland League. Also depends on what happens in the West.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Suspect it will take a WoSL to emerge to get the second promotion place into the LL. It will take a decade or so for everything to  sort itself out, because of the bizarre way in which the pyramid was launched and given the way self interest driven agendas will ensure that the LL clubs aren't going to easily give up the advantage they derived from being the first on board. Having said that I'm pleasantly surprised that the powers that be in senior football have been so open to a large influx of strong east region clubs and are expressing willingness to do the same in the west, because that is going to ultimately knock a lot of LL and some SPFL clubs down a tier or two and they will no doubt be fully aware of that.  The good thing is that in time there is going to be a significantly better system than has been in place previously for all the clubs involved. Hopefully the west can get its pyramid entry sorted out over the next 12 months, so the whole process happens as quickly and as smoothly as possible under the circumstances.

I'm not convinced that the LL are displaying self-interest, the vote on prom/rel may have been delayed in order to assess the outcome of the EoS AGM, which was as expected.   Maybe now they will discuss that specific issue.

Remember they currently have 2 feeder leagues probably increasing to 3 in 12 months time. Therefore 2 spots currently increasing to 3 when WoS comes on board would be entirely sensible.

4 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Conf A:
Peebles v Penicuik - The Leadburn
Leith v Musselburgh - The Seaside
Tweedmouth v Dunbar - The A1

Conf B:
Dalkeith/Bonnyrigg v LTHV/Tynecastle - The resentful commuters having to go into the city on a non workday

Conf C:
Edu Utd v HWU - The city bypass classic

Conference c stirling uni eosfl vs camelon. Forth Valley derby 

19 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

That was who I was thinking of but he's wider family so wasn't going to namedrop! :lol:

I was very aware of that...!