New clubs in the East of Scotland

Just now, patriot1 said:

That only gives you 15 teams in the first round. Six best runners up makes more sense.

It could be 10 winners plus best runner up = 11  First Round

9 runners-up plus best 3rd enter Prelim round = 10 so 5 progress to First Round.

2 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I think first league game will be 11 August.

Although that it also date of Scottish Cup preliminary so a few teams will be absent.

Is it possible the five South Challenge cup first round ties will be played that day as well? The second round is on15th September.

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

EoS took calls from the West & more importantly North of the Tay.

Wonder if the EoS stance was they couldn't accept the North of Tay clubs or if the clubs never pursued it.

9 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Dunipace not a Junior club apparently?

Impressively the Edinburgh Evening News report managed to make a similar mistake but went the other way and reported 26 Junior clubs joining, presumbaly getting confused about the origins of Inverkeithing. 

"The last few months have seen a mass exodus of clubs from the Junior ranks – 26 in total – who have relinquished their SJFA (Scottish Junior Football Association) memberships in favour of joining the SPFL Pyramid system which offers a pathway into the SPFL."
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/new-east-of-scotland-league-set-up-confirmed-for-next-season-1-4751310

High quality journalism all round. 

6 minutes ago, Cyril said:

Absolutely brilliant work last night from the East of Scotland league. I feel they have made an error in making Hawick top seed in place of LTHV as Conference B now looks very very strong and A doesn't.

Hawick were relegated from the LL .It's only natural to make them a top seed. Who's to say LTHV are gonnae be strong this season. Have they kept the same players?

My favourite thing about this is now all the ex Junior fans who musta been thinking "This'll be grand... chance to see some new grounds, new social clubs, meet new folk. This is gonna be great. Hawick? Berwick? Wigtown? Burntisland? Across all the cups the possibilites are endless!"

Then got papped with a bunch of ex-junior teams they played last year anyway all over again. Hahaha.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

9 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

My favourite thing about this is now all the ex Junior fans who musta been thinking "This'll be grand... chance to see some new grounds, new social clubs, meet new folk. This is gonna be great. Hawick? Berwick? Wigtown? Burntisland? Across all the cups the possibilites are endless!"

Then got papped with a bunch of ex-junior teams they played last year anyway all over again. Hahaha.

Linlithgow are in a league with 4 teams they have never played competitively before - I think - Heriot Watt, Stirling Uni, Craigroyston and Inverkeithing. We haven't played Preston and Ormiston for donkeys years and have an away trip to Tweedmouth :thumsup2 to look forward to. All looks good to me.

Dalkeith Thistle take a slightly different slant in their Facebook post.

To which you could add cup draws have given them two new teams visiting.

And then league cup has given them two new teams out of three.

Rather than same old junior teams, all seems pretty new and fresh to me.Screenshot_20180608-110337_Samsung%20Internet.jpgIMG_20180608_110638.jpg

50 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Hawick were relegated from the LL .It's only natural to make them a top seed. Who's to say LTHV are gonnae be strong this season. Have they kept the same players?

Fully aware of that, I just think common sense could've came in, even if LTHV lose a few players they will be far stronger than Hawick. No big deal, it is what it is