• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Moses McNeil

New clubs in the East of Scotland

My understanding was that there was to be a meeting to discuss the oldest Strollers team moving en masse to the juniors.
This is partly what prompted the strollers to apply to the EOS.

Thsts just Chinese whispers , as far as I am aware they are starting up there own 20’s team next season as per there announcement

20 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

I have had similar thoughts today.  To build up the numbers the top Amateur clubs in the East might be invited to participate.  Pitches initially would just be roped off and perhaps clubs could participate in the Scottish Amateur Cup.

Basically the Development Division could incubate future Senior Clubs and the EoSFL Management could perhaps help facilitate and help iron out problems to enable progression.

Examples might be taken from Step 7 Leagues (Levell 11) in England.

18 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Interesting if you can you give some examples?

Hellenic League Division Two East
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/254/

Hellenic League Division Two West
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/255/

Southern Combination League Division Two
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/78/

Spartan South Midlands League Division Two
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/74/

Midland Football League Division Two
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/216/

Midland Football League Division Three
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/217/

West Midlands (Regional) League Division One
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/83/

West Midlands (Regional) League Division Two
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/155/

Wearside Football League - Durham and Wearside Development Division
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/251/

A mix of examples are provided above.  As would be expected some Senior Leagues such as the Hellenic are catering for Reserves and Development sides as well as First Teams.

If the EoSFL decided to go down the route of creating an Amateur / Development Division only those clubs meeting the set criteria would be eligible for promotion to the Senior League (Tier 7 or 8 dependent on structure?). A big bonus would be that a Pyramid could be created with relegation to the District Amateur leagues and promotion of champions in the opposite direction.

Something I am sure HibeeJibee & Co could achieve if it was felt that it would be a move in the right direction.

Edited by Pyramidic

On 03/05/2019 at 15:39, LongTimeLurker said:
On 04/05/2019 at 07:05, patriot1 said:

My understanding was that there was to be a meeting to discuss the oldest Strollers team moving en masse to the juniors.

This is partly what prompted the strollers to apply to the EOS.

Another surprising absence who were sometimes rumoured to be doing it last year were Bathgate Thistle (they could probably get licensed very easily even with the floodlight requirement tacked on) and they now have Blackburn playing EoS premier almost on their doorstep next season, who they probably view as a smaller club that should be in their shadow.

Also Blackburn will be playing in the Scottish Cup next season, which might unsettle Bathgate's junior status ?.

Patriot's post seems to contradict announcements from both Glenrothes Strollers and Syngenta, that they intend to reapply to join the EoSL next year.

Also Blackburn will be playing in the Scottish Cup next season, which might unsettle Bathgate's junior status ?.

They've had two chances now and only three have moved. I can't see any others moving unless there is a deal, they don't want to be seen as "traitors" which I believe is still an oft used term in ERJFA circles.

The fact we are now in the Premier and licenced probably makes no difference. More fool them.

46 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

To be honest, West Lothian clubs on the whole are fairly parochial, it's like Ayrshire with regards go "loyalty to the grade".

They've had two chances now and only three have moved. I can't see any others moving unless there is a deal, they don't want to be seen as "traitors" which I believe is still an oft used term in ERJFA circles.

The fact we are now in the Premier and licenced probably makes no difference. More fool them.

Yep, and congratulations to your club.

A poster has stated twice that another EJFA club is considering a late EoS application, and that it isn't a Fife/Tayside club.  Any thoughts ? 

Can't see it being anyone else from West Lothian,as Burnie said it's like Ayrshire,loyalty and staunchness to the grade.

I personally know some of the Whitburn committee and you would have to drag them kicking and screaming to the pyramid,Bathgate likewise.

22 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Yep, and congratulations to your club.

A poster has stated twice that another EJFA club is considering a late EoS application, and that it isn't a Fife/Tayside club.  Any thoughts ? 

Thanks.

My thoughts are there will be no more applications, however there is an EoS board meeting tonight so I guess we'll find out more at some point soon.

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

To be honest, West Lothian clubs on the whole are fairly parochial, it's like Ayrshire with regards go "loyalty to the grade".

I think the nail has been hit squarely on the head here - it would appear that the parochial nature of those who hold the majority sway in the committees of each of the remaining Junior clubs in West Lothian will win the day for a second time. If the chance of making the move to the EoSFL isn't taken this time around and Tier 7 football inside a professional and outward looking organisation secured in doing so then it'll only be Tier 8 football open to them when the opportunity next arises. Continuing to accept deliberate misinformation and incompetence from their own league and association, demonstrably deliberate misinformation and incompetence, makes me wonder if anyone inside these committees has their eye on the ball.

If what has been achieved by Broxburn Athletic and by Blackburn United in terms of EoSFL Premier League and Scottish Cup football next season isn't an enormous pointer in the direction that these remaining West Lothian clubs really should and need to be taking then more fool them indeed.

22 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I think the nail has been hit squarely on the head here - it would appear that the parochial nature of those who hold the majority sway in the committees of each of the remaining Junior clubs in West Lothian will win the day for a second time. If the chance of making the move to the EoSFL isn't taken this time around and Tier 7 football inside a professional and outward looking organisation secured in doing so then it'll only be Tier 8 football open to them when the opportunity next arises. Continuing to accept deliberate misinformation and incompetence from their own league and association, demonstrably deliberate misinformation and incompetence, makes me wonder if anyone inside these committees has their eye on the ball.

If what has been achieved by Broxburn Athletic and by Blackburn United in terms of EoSFL Premier League and Scottish Cup football next season isn't an enormous pointer in the direction that these remaining West Lothian clubs really should and need to be taking then more fool them indeed.

But according to Fauldhouse manager they get told everything fron ersjfa. Glad he stayed where he was

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Can't see it being anyone else from West Lothian,as Burnie said it's like Ayrshire,loyalty and staunchness to the grade.

I personally know some of the Whitburn committee and you would have to drag them kicking and screaming to the pyramid,Bathgate likewise.

So the paying fans of Whitburn and bathgate.dont have a say in what happens to those clubs ?. It's ma baw and IL decide.

48 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

So the paying fans of Whitburn and bathgate.dont have a say in what happens to those clubs ?. It's ma baw and IL decide.

Lithgie,its aw about the committee men,they think they're God's.......in reality they haven't got a clue!!

5 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I think it must have been about this time last year when all the dominos in the east seemed to be toppling towards EoS I was at a Fauldhouse match asking friends there about their plans. There was little awareness of what was happening or understanding of the consequences for those remaining Junior and little interest in finding out more. As disappointing as that was/is I do respect that it is the club's committee's responsibility to take the club forward as they see fit.

1 hour ago, PastyMan said:

I think it must have been about this time last year when all the dominos in the east seemed to be toppling towards EoS I was at a Fauldhouse match asking friends there about their plans. There was little awareness of what was happening or understanding of the consequences for those remaining Junior and little interest in finding out more. As disappointing as that was/is I do respect that it is the club's committee's responsibility to take the club forward as they see fit.

Whilst I agree with this, I think they are burying there head in the sand.  Broxburn used to sign ex Juniors now they are looking at EOS teams to recruit plus develop more of their own.

one thing I will say for all the old EOS teams I saw last year is they had a number of promising youngsters.

Junior football in the east will die slowly if they continue down the path they are going. No real big teams left.  Standard will drop even further making it less attractive for younger players and the spiral will continue down. As will attendances and money , but costs will increase to retain what they have.

Plus the West Region will drop them if they get what they want which no one appears to object too.

i maybe wrong but that’s my gut feeling.

The EoSFL have given every chance for a number of Junior sides to make the switch. Decisions have to be made about the format for next season so the Welcome Mat had to disappear at some stage.

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The EoSFL have given every chance for a number of Junior sides to make the switch. Decisions have to be made about the format for next season so the Welcome Mat had to disappear at some stage.

Totally agree and that's why I felt it worthwhile noting. As mentioned elsewhere today there's quite a few permutations they've got to start thinking about and focus on with their AGM probably around 3 weeks away.

11 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Door closed for another season. Let's get on with it :thumsup2

West Juniors not joining for 2019/20.  Clydebank ?

22 minutes ago, Robert James said:

West Juniors not joining for 2019/20.  Clydebank ?

Glenrothes the only new club.

Bathgate have no interest in the East Junior Superleague never mind the EOS, they have a good pitch and good terraced area and they have floodlights, but the committee are more than happy to play in the south division against the likes of Stoneyburn etc, no disrespect to them. 

Its generally a good club but they are getting left miles behind by the likes of Blackburn, who are now a bigger club, former Bathgate captain Stoogs now at Blackburn and i wouldn't be surprised if Feeney and Dalrymple were next.