New clubs in the East of Scotland

31 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Not that I recall. Think the SoS had a bone but not the EoS. Good to know these sort of conversations are taking place, helps tear apart the disinformation being spread by SJFA.

It’s a pretty good deal.

Unfortunately there’s a long list here of those that are ‘at it’ and spreading the lies.

And we know who they are

Bathgate are the ones that really surprise me. They have the set-up in place to get licenced, they already have lights, big cover, a great pitch, also are associated with a larger community club.

Why they are content where they are truly baffles me.
Is the problem at Bathgate not a lack of committee. Heard there were only 2 guys running the place.

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Was speaking to a mate yesterday who’s on the Rosyth committee and asked him when they were coming over to the EOS. He said they couldn’t afford the £2k to which I replied that was only for the license, and it was only about £100 annually to join. Then the wee rusty wheels in my brain started turning and I sort of recalled some sort of bond which was refundable, maybe after 2 years. Is this right?

£200... £100 for EOSFA + £100 for EOSFL.

Refunded if application unsuccessful.

No bonds/etc.

43 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
Bathgate are the ones that really surprise me. They have the set-up in place to get licenced, they already have lights, big cover, a great pitch, also are associated with a larger community club.

Is the problem at Bathgate not a lack of committee. Heard there were only 2 guys running the place.

No idea, always seemed to be plenty when we visited.

Licence applications : not yet approved.

Dunipace were an 18th club EoS. They haven't actually begun the application process as the SFA haven't signed off on it beginning.

Rejected for not having floodlights:

1. Bonnyrigg Rose (floodlights sourced)
  2. Camelon Juniors
  3. Dundonald Bluebell
  4. Haddington Athletic
  5. St Andrews United
  6. Tranent

Ongoing applications yet to pass the Licensing Committee for SFA Board approval:

1. Dalkeith Thistle
  2. Edinburgh United
  3. Jeanfield Swifts (just had audit, but floodlights sourced waiting to be installed)
  4. Musselburgh Athletic
  5. Newtongrange Star

Waiting for official start of the application process:

1. Dunipace
  2. Cumnock (not in pyramid, may have been rejected already)
  3. Petershill (not in pyramid, may have been rejected already)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you  neabor,  very helpful info.

Both Dalkeith Thistle and Newtowngrange already have floodlights, so the non approval of an SFA  licence, must be for reasons other than lights. Non completion of audit perhaps ?

Perhaps they will both be successful at the July 2019 Licensing meeting, assuming it goes ahead ! This should mean that they can enter the Scottish Cup 2019/20, as LTHV did last season.. 

Edited by Robert James
typo error

7 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Licence applications : not yet approved.

Dunipace were an 18th club EoS. They haven't actually begun the application process as the SFA haven't signed off on it beginning.

Rejected for not having floodlights:

1. Bonnyrigg Rose (floodlights sourced)
  2. Camelon Juniors
  3. Dundonald Bluebell
  4. Haddington Athletic
  5. St Andrews United
  6. Tranent

Ongoing applications yet to pass the Licensing Committee for SFA Board approval:

1. Dalkeith Thistle
  2. Edinburgh United
  3. Jeanfield Swifts (just had audit, but floodlights sourced waiting to be installed)
  4. Musselburgh Athletic
  5. Newtongrange Star

Waiting for official start of the application process:

1. Dunipace
  2. Cumnock (not in pyramid, may have been rejected already)
  3. Petershill (not in pyramid, may have been rejected already)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you  neabor,  very helpful info.

Both Dalkeith Thistle and Newtowngrange already have floodlights, so the non approval of an SFA  licence, must be for reasons other than lights. Non completion of audit perhaps ?

Perhaps they will both be successful at the July 2019 Licensing meeting, assuming it goes ahead ! This should mean that they can enter the Scottish Cup 2019/20, as LTHV did last season.. 

Dalkeith got some points back from their audit they have to work on. I believe something to do with their pavillion.

As for Nitten they've supposedly had financial concerns this year which saw a potential takeover if I remember right. So they might not have had the spare cash to meet the other obligations to licensing that goes beyond floodlights.

Just now, Steven W said:

The "News Snippets" in the programme from Pumpherston  v Kennoway at the weekend mentioned this.

Someone mentioned it in the Junior forum after going to the game. Syngenta, Dunblane, and the future Bo'ness United Juniors and Linlithgow Rose Juniors

22 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

They have everything in place but are content to play local teams, stoneyburn, livi, West Calder etc, the committee are basically a couple of families who do a great job, but they really need to move with the times, a few seasons ago they had a great social media outlet only really rivalled with Talbot it was that good,  all that's gone also, i saw a tweet from them over the weekend saying the club is moving in the right direction, they finished 4th in the South division for goodness sake, the committee really need to move the club on to someone who can drive the club forward, not take it backwards.

24 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

They have everything in place but are content to play local teams, stoneyburn, livi, West Calder etc, the committee are basically a couple of families who do a great job, but they really need to move with the times, a few seasons ago they had a great social media outlet only really rivalled with Talbot it was that good,  all that's gone also, i saw a tweet from them over the weekend saying the club is moving in the right direction, they finished 4th in the South division for goodness sake, the committee really need to move the club on to someone who can drive the club forward, not take it backwards.

I cannot criticise clubs like Bathgate that wish to remain in their current localised set-up - that is their choice. However I do wonder if the decisions that many East Junior clubs have made to remain Junior relate strongly to the age demograhic of their key Committeee members - 70+?

16 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

What's changed from the past five seasons when they were playing region-wide in the East Premier? Half of those teams are now in the EoS - suppose it would take the rest of the Junior teams moving over for Bathgate to move as well?

21 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Was speaking to a mate yesterday who’s on the Rosyth committee and asked him when they were coming over to the EOS. He said they couldn’t afford the £2k to which I replied that was only for the license, and it was only about £100 annually to join. Then the wee rusty wheels in my brain started turning and I sort of recalled some sort of bond which was refundable, maybe after 2 years. Is this right?

Might have incurred the wrath of Maxwell but I wonder if it would have been worth the EoS contacting all the ERJFA clubs to set the record straight and encourage them to join to avoid the senior/junior split continuing. Surely the Rosyth committee have seen Inverkeithing join, shouldn't they be thinking about a local derby (plus Oakley)?

On 19/05/2019 at 15:27, Burnie_man said:

Like some of the West Juniors, some of the remaining East Juniors may have been put off from transferring because of the SFA floodlights decision.  There may also be some confusion, as an earlier post on here thought floodlights would be needed to play in the EoSL, which is incorrect. 

3 hours ago, Robert James said:

Like some of the West Juniors, some of the remaining East Juniors may have been put off from transferring because of the SFA floodlights decision.  There may also be some confusion, as an earlier post on here thought floodlights would be needed to play in the EoSL, which is incorrect. 

Their was also some one told rosYth they'd need to pay 2k to play in eosfl