New clubs in the East of Scotland

Simple - it's consistency of approach.

Teams are joining a senior league, not juniors or amateurs.

So they should be complying to rules that enable them to fulfil their commitment to that tier if they win the league.

Syngenta would join tier 7 if accepted. There is a decent chance they will be tier 8 in 2020. Imo, it makes sense for requirements to gradually go down as you get lower down the pyramid. I do agree that on tier 6 clubs should at least be working towards a license, but at tier 7 or 8 that makes no sense. These teams would need 2/3 promotions to get to the LL and nearly all of them are unlikely to ever get there. Ideally, I'd like not just all current juniors, but also the amateurs included in the pyramid. If tier 8 isn't very strict, amateurs at least have a chance of getting in there.

18 minutes ago, Marten said:

Syngenta would join tier 7 if accepted. There is a decent chance they will be tier 8 in 2020. Imo, it makes sense for requirements to gradually go down as you get lower down the pyramid. I do agree that on tier 6 clubs should at least be working towards a license, but at tier 7 or 8 that makes no sense. These teams would need 2/3 promotions to get to the LL and nearly all of them are unlikely to ever get there. Ideally, I'd like not just all current juniors, but also the amateurs included in the pyramid. If tier 8 isn't very strict, amateurs at least have a chance of getting in there.

They should have a ground that meets the current crieria or be refused. 

18 hours ago, Marten said:

I agree getting the amateurs etc into pyramid would be the eventual outcome in Scottish football but there has surely got to be standards at a basic level and the ones to enter the EOS are already pretty basic standards with basic health and Safety being a big consideration, every team and their dog just jumping onboard dilutes the standard of Senior football IMO, EOS publicized the criteria this year along with application for a reason, why do this then at application process just say its okay your tier 7 no need for any criteria, I would have thought the publication of criteria is to let clubs know their starting point.

Derogation is IMO when your already working towards the criteria and not waiting to be told the criteria at the latest point of the application,for me that's the reason the criteria has been on EOS for months so clubs can achieve it or produce evidence they working towards it long before application deadlines.

" PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP. "

Edited by Kemlin Dan

Not many friends of Syngenta down Camelon way! Hopefully sense prevails and they gain membership with an agreement to put in place what they need to asap. Let's try and encourage clubs and not turn them away, again I use Tweedmouth and Inverkeithing as examples.

24 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Not many friends of Syngenta down Camelon way! Hopefully sense prevails and they gain membership with an agreement to put in place what they need to asap. Let's try and encourage clubs and not turn them away, again I use Tweedmouth and Inverkeithing as examples.

Seems pretty straight forward " PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP. "

Might be this year EOS making sure that there is a set standard before all and sundry apply.

Edited by Kemlin Dan

2 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Seems pretty straight forward " PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP. "

Might be this year EOS making sure that their is a set standard before all and sundry apply.

They did that last year as well telling an amateur to withdraw their application & try again the following year. Despite what some people seem to think they didn't just let everyone in.

Syngenta have had nearly a year to plan for this if they're still applying. If their intention is still to use Little Kerse I'm sure they've had discussions with the EoS and have prepared for  additional work that might be required from acceptance to the start of the season.

2 hours ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Might be this year EOS making sure that there is a set standard before all and sundry apply.

Whats the script with Carmuirs  - why is a quarter of the ground coned off and covered with tarpaulins?

Away from Little Kerse I can think of one other ground in the local area that meets EOS criteria so with a groundshare until LK build the stand and put up the fence I don't see any issue why Syngenta should be denied entry to the EoS.

Edited by drs

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They did that last year as well telling an amateur to withdraw their application & try again the following year. Despite what some people seem to think they didn't just let everyone in.

Syngenta have had nearly a year to plan for this if they're still applying. If their intention is still to use Little Kerse I'm sure they've had discussions with the EoS and have prepared for  additional work that might be required from acceptance to the start of the season.

Not done anything to make it complaint including planning to make it so.

5 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Cause without a ground you can’t be accepted 

BSC Glasgow were accepted to the Lowland League with a ground they never even played in.

Syngenta have an existing relationship in place at Little Kerse. Whatever changes they have to do to fulfill EoS requirements they'd have time to get them in place. Get accepted in April and by the AGM a couple of months later the acceptance can be reneged if they've not made the improvements.

Do the existing members not get a vote on whether new clubs get in? Think the league management can only provide recommendations on that. By the upcoming AGM there will be a former junior majority in place with full voting rights and if they are not collectively keen on having a setup like Syngenta get in because they don't have a properly enclosed ground along the lines of Carmuirs Park that vote might not go the way some on here assume it will. The EoS isn't struggling for numbers any more, so they can actually afford to apply the regulations without running the risk of folding through a lack of numbers in a year or two as was the case when Tweedmouth got in. 

image.png.445ea40982557f8ea1c5e7d6723cdf9b.png

I can only go by the what's available on the internet not knowing the area. There only seems to be the one access road marked with the line across it. The rest seems to be "fenced" off by surrounding hedges/trees preventing access. So if they were using pitch 2 they could say it was enclosed as its all within the Galaxy Sports facility.

The red dots by pitch 2 could also be used for modular units for changing rooms to keep it separate from the Galaxy Sports business.

https://ukcabins.com/find-a-cabin/used?purpose=8

It hardly seems impossible.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

BSC Glasgow were accepted to the Lowland League with a ground they never even played in.

Syngenta have an existing relationship in place at Little Kerse. Whatever changes they have to do to fulfill EoS requirements they'd have time to get them in place. Get accepted in April and by the AGM a couple of months later the acceptance can be reneged if they've not made the improvements.

You would have hoped that by March 31st the last day for applications not the acceptance day any club would have got the criteria sorted and submitted to EOS before asking for a further 2 months to EOS  AGM, I could be reading into it all wrong and the criteria is just a guideline that at some point you have to fulfill it,2months,6months,12 months time as long as you do. It could very well be that Syngenta have put forward their plans and time frame already which the EOS will be happy with but right now by last day of application process they are not meeting the criteria which I am reading from the EOS website as a pretty much needed part of the application with it  being all in caps also with criteria application form stating for "New membership applicants" 

Just now, Kemlin Dan said:

You would have hoped that by March 31st the last day for applications not the acceptance day any club would have got the criteria sorted and submitted to EOS before asking for a further 2 months to EOS  AGM, I could be reading into it all wrong and the criteria is just a guideline that at some point you have to fulfill it,2months,6months,12 months time as long as you do. It could very well be that Syngenta have put forward their plans and time frame already which the EOS will be happy with but right now by last day of application process they are not meeting the criteria which I am reading from the EOS website as a pretty much needed part of the application with it  being all in caps also with criteria application form stating for "New membership applicants"

image.png.a8748d1730a7f4203b9bc9871124f5de.png

They don't have to have everything in place March 31st.

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.445ea40982557f8ea1c5e7d6723cdf9b.png

I can only go by the what's available on the internet not knowing the area. There only seems to be the one access road marked with the line across it. The rest seems to be "fenced" off by surrounding hedges/trees preventing access. So if they were using pitch 2 they could say it was enclosed as its all within the Galaxy Sports facility.

The red dots by pitch 2 could also be used for modular units for changing rooms to keep it separate from the Galaxy Sports business.

https://ukcabins.com/find-a-cabin/used?purpose=8

It hardly seems impossible.

Putting up the map for illustration you can see adding the changing cabins and then a fence around park 2 it would probably be very easily done,basically sorts the main concerns.

10 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

The part of the form which you highlighted in the previous post said "PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA...". It didn't say anything about meeting them.

For me, the entry criteria are things which should be in place by the time the season starts, not things which necessarily have to be in place by the application deadline. It would seem quite reasonable for any team to submit an application where they say "If we are accepted we will have X and Y in place before the start of the season." The club might not want to spend time and money putting something in place, only to have their application rejected.

7 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Putting up the map for illustration you can see adding the changing cabins and then a fence around park 2 it would probably be very easily done,basically sorts the main concerns.

Park 2 seems to have enough space around it to be developed into a basic enough ground for small crowds. Room for a covered enclosure and catering cabin. On top of the of the changing rooms and fencing it off they aren't things that need to be done right now.

It's possible they've been putting these kind of plans in place, and what they've been upto the past 9 months is sourcing the funding for it all.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The part of the form which you highlighted in the previous post said "PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA...". It didn't say anything about meeting them.

For me, the entry criteria are things which should be in place by the time the season starts, not things which necessarily have to be in place by the application deadline. It would seem quite reasonable for any team to submit an application where they say "If we are accepted we will have X and Y in place before the start of the season." The club might not want to spend time and money putting something in place, only to have their application rejected.

" BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP. "

Thats the part IMO that suggests you need to be meeting the criteria or very close to meeting it, obviously the part FairWeather pointed out is that everything will be at the discretion of the Office Bearers. I would guess it then all comes down to how quickly can they get the criteria in place before season starts as you have suggested Craig.