• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Moses McNeil

New clubs in the East of Scotland

Won’t or can’t?
I meant move across to the pyramid, so 'won't', though obviously at the moment there's nowhere to go.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Obviously folk are just interested in the pyramid generally, but there is actually a more relevant motive too. The issue of where the Tayside junior clubs go has a big impact on where the EoSFL fits in, and what happens to the ERSJFA generally. I had always felt the issue of the pyramid in the north was really for them and not my business, but the possibility of the ERSJFA sitting alongside the EoSFL only comes about because the stronger Tayside clubs won't move across. So what happens under the HL affects us all.

A very fair point.  

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The vote tally was reported at the time as:

15 - Turriff United

14 - Strathspey Thistle

11 - Formartine United

5 - Banks O'Dee

Guessing that would be 15 members of the HFL at the time with 3 votes each. 5/15 isn't horrible and with Strathspey winning so many I think it shows the league was prioritising balancing between Highland and Aberdeenshire.

Having "balance" between the 2 regions has been important to the HFL, as is reflected in the changes in membership since 1986/87 :

LOST CLUBS :  Inverness Caley, Inverness Thistle, Ross County & Elgin City (all from the 'traditional' central Highland area), and Peterhead (from Aberdeenshire)

NEW CLUBS : Fort William (from West Highlands), Wick Academy (from north Highlands),  Strathspey Thistle (from central/south Highlands), and Cove Rangers, Inverurie Locos, Formartine United, & Turiff United (from Aberdeenshire).

The changes highlighted above, show how the HFL has expanded its area during the last 30 years, beyond its traditional roots, which were centred primarily around the city of Inverness. This expansion of its territory, has undoubtedly made the HFL a stronger league, than would otherwise have been the case. Therefore, I can't see that any geographical 'bias' has been exercised  against Banks O'Dee.