New clubs in the East of Scotland

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Postal United became Edinburgh City and Tollcross Utd became Tynecastle, is that right?

Aye Tollcross played out Fernieside or (dugshit Park) as it was known for. 

Edinburgh Athletic moved from college  to the adjacent pitches to the Strollers at Muirhouse. 

19 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Regarding the Leith/Craigroyston rumour seemingly the plan is to merge Leith's adult team into Craigroyston's with the Leith Athletic name continuing at youth level

according to craigroyston on fb i sent them a message they said talks have only been informal at this stage. Not to say it wont happen

I believe Craigie themselves were formed when Eyemouth United got rid of Edinburgh based players in the mid 1970s. 

I was always intrigued by the way pitches in Edinburgh could be frozen off but St Mark's was always playable. The Warriston microclimate! 

I believe Craigie themselves were formed when Eyemouth United got rid of Edinburgh based players in the mid 1970s. 
I was always intrigued by the way pitches in Edinburgh could be frozen off but St Mark's was always playable. The Warriston microclimate! 
From wikipedia:

"Craigroyston were founded in 1976 by Rab Melrose, formerly the manager of Eyemouth United. Although associated with a club from the Scottish Borders, Melrose and several of his Eyemouth team were Edinburgh-based, and decided to start a club based in the city. The name of the club was taken from Craigroyston Community Centre in the north of Edinburgh, where they first played their home games."

Maybe some of the excess heat from the crematorium next door gets piped under the pitch?

9 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
13 minutes ago, GordonS said:
An excellent use of a resource. They use heat from the crematorium in Redditch to heat the local swimming pool.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-23104502

tbf the heat of dead people isnt much worse than the usual stuff you'd find at the local swimming pool

Thing I learned recently - the chlorine they put in the pool doesn't smell. It only gives off that chlorine-y smell when it reacts with urine and other contaminants.

I'll take the dead bodies, thanks.

It's possible this thread has gone off topic...

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Thing I learned recently - the chlorine they put in the pool doesn't smell. It only gives off that chlorine-y smell when it reacts with urine and other contaminants.

Aye ,starting talking to much pish now.

On 26/02/2019 at 21:25, GordonS said:

"Off topic".............well yes, as it has all gone very quiet on the pyramid front, and about decisions about licensing applications !

So perhaps we should talk about potential new EoS clubs like Sygenta,  and also speculate about whether amateur clubs like Musselburgh Windsor,  AM Soccer,  or any other amateur clubs like Selkirk Victoria, are seriously considering a future in the EoS ? 

"Off topic".............well yes, as it has all gone very quiet on the pyramid front, and about decisions about licensing applications !

So perhaps we should talk about potential new EoS clubs like Sygenta,  and also speculate about whether amateur clubs like Musselburgh Windsor,  AM Soccer,  or any other amateur clubs like Selkirk Victoria, are seriously considering a future in the EoS ? 

Rumour is Selkirk vics are a mile away from being ready, after Selkirk fc going tits up there's still a shit load of shit to get sorted to give them basics as changing room access. Perhaps in time if we see EoS go down to tier 8 then the likes of them, duns and Kelso will feel that the level isn't as much of a jump from border ams.

AM soccer have been rumoured in the past, having a lot more fife clubs probably makes it more enticing for them, tho Austin himself is bound to have a lot less involvement know but I've no idea how much he was involved with previous decisions.

3 hours ago, Robert James said:

Will Syngenta meet the criteria for entry to EOS? Where will they play their games as I am sure Little Kerse has numerous failings in the EOS criteria. 

13 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Did you see that place we had to play a cup final at. Think it would be a shame if they didn't 

Most certainly my point Alan, do we want caged facilities and a 10 min walk for the toilet, I couldn't tell you the criteria for SOS vs EOS, Little Kerse isn't caged but going by criteria Little Kerse isnt close to making it.

1 minute ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Most certainly my point Alan, do we want caged facilities and a 10 min walk for the toilet, I couldn't tell you the criteria for SOS vs EOS, Little Kerse isn't caged but going by criteria Little Kerse isnt close to making it.

Have a read: https://www.eosfl.com/downloads/eosfl/EoSFL-Entry-Criteria-2018.docx

I'd say that given Syngenta will not be in the EOS Premier Division the board would surely be more lenient and allow them time to meet the requirements, like other clubs have been given.