New clubs in the East of Scotland

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's one of the three versions that have been told:

1. They never turned up to the meeting
  2. They gave a poor/half hearted presentation
  3. The HFL were biased against them.

When it was brought up recently on FitbaNorth the "never turned up" was denied. Which makes sense, otherwise why would the other two stories gain traction?

A presentation is always likely to be less than impressive if you're not there to give it to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Thank you, understood now and very interesting

The vote tally was reported at the time as:

15 - Turriff United

14 - Strathspey Thistle

11 - Formartine United

5 - Banks O'Dee

Guessing that would be 15 members of the HFL at the time with 3 votes each. 5/15 isn't horrible and with Strathspey winning so many I think it shows the league was prioritising balancing between Highland and Aberdeenshire.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Obviously folk are just interested in the pyramid generally, but there is actually a more relevant motive too. The issue of where the Tayside junior clubs go has a big impact on where the EoSFL fits in, and what happens to the ERSJFA generally. I had always felt the issue of the pyramid in the north was really for them and not my business, but the possibility of the ERSJFA sitting alongside the EoSFL only comes about because the stronger Tayside clubs won't move across. So what happens under the HL affects us all.

A very fair point.  

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The vote tally was reported at the time as:

15 - Turriff United

14 - Strathspey Thistle

11 - Formartine United

5 - Banks O'Dee

Guessing that would be 15 members of the HFL at the time with 3 votes each. 5/15 isn't horrible and with Strathspey winning so many I think it shows the league was prioritising balancing between Highland and Aberdeenshire.

Having "balance" between the 2 regions has been important to the HFL, as is reflected in the changes in membership since 1986/87 :

LOST CLUBS :  Inverness Caley, Inverness Thistle, Ross County & Elgin City (all from the 'traditional' central Highland area), and Peterhead (from Aberdeenshire)

NEW CLUBS : Fort William (from West Highlands), Wick Academy (from north Highlands),  Strathspey Thistle (from central/south Highlands), and Cove Rangers, Inverurie Locos, Formartine United, & Turiff United (from Aberdeenshire).

The changes highlighted above, show how the HFL has expanded its area during the last 30 years, beyond its traditional roots, which were centred primarily around the city of Inverness. This expansion of its territory, has undoubtedly made the HFL a stronger league, than would otherwise have been the case. Therefore, I can't see that any geographical 'bias' has been exercised  against Banks O'Dee.

27 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Any guesses who will be the first Junior Club to break ranks and agree to move from the ERJFA to the EoFL for 2019/20?

My hunch would be Kennoway Star Hearts JFC.

They have been very silent last year, as far as I know the only team of last season's East Superleague south of the Tay boundary who didn't even make a statement on the situation.

31 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Any guesses who will be the first Junior Club to break ranks and agree to move from the ERJFA to the EoFL for 2019/20?

My hunch would be Kennoway Star Hearts JFC.

I don't think any of them will go. Fauldhouse have used it as a tool to get juniors reorganised. Whitburn fear one trip to coldstream

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

They have been very silent last year, as far as I know the only team of last season's East Superleague south of the Tay boundary who didn't even make a statement on the situation.

If I recall correctly there were some big Committee changes at the end of last season and a "new broom" arrived linking the club with a youngsters's club and much stronger set-up.  I do not think they are your typical "dinosaur-friendly" club.  Hence my hunch.

8 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I don't think any of them will go. Fauldhouse have used it as a tool to get juniors reorganised. Whitburn fear one trip to coldstream

And what if the Eastern Region remain outwith the Pyramid for 2019/20 if "teething problems" remain?

16 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

If I recall correctly there were some big Committee changes at the end of last season and a "new broom" arrived linking the club with a youngsters's club and much stronger set-up.  I do not think they are your typical "dinosaur-friendly" club.  Hence my hunch.

True, I don't see them as "dinosaurs". They are also not a team with a long junior heritage, as it's not that long ago they switched from amateur to junior. If I'm not mistaken they were a merger of 2 ammies who then went junior.

True, I don't see them as "dinosaurs". They are also not a team with a long junior heritage, as it's not that long ago they switched from amateur to junior. If I'm not mistaken they were a merger of 2 ammies who then went junior.
Aye merger of Star Hearts (formed 1962) & Kennoway AFC. Merged in 2013.

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

Quite right.   The club was established in 2013 after a merger between Fife amateur sides Star Hearts and Kennoway.  Their twitter feed is a breath of fresh air.

https://twitter.com/KSHJFC13

11 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

It would hinge on if the proposed restructure to district leagues goes ahead & if so how long it take for proposals to be tabled to clubs ie before March 31st

I'm not sure the ERJFA have any intention of providing clarity before 31st March, why would they.

On 01/06/2018 at 16:06, GordonS said:

And I'll be standing there at Forfar West End tomorrow (childcare permitting) thinking "emmmm, sorry about that. We'll send you a postcard from Tweedmouth."

Mind and send a postcard next Saturday

berwick-multi-postcard-173-p.jpg

Edited by Ginaro

29 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Mind and send a postcard next Saturday

berwick-multi-postcard-173-p.jpg

Ok that's scary. Please tell me you haven't been saving that.

I've had this date in the diary since the fixtures came out in June, it's the first competitive fixture abroad for the Rose. Plan is to go on Saturday as a family, I and possibly the big child will go to the game and then afterwards we're going to walk the sands to Lindisfarne in the gloaming. What could possibly go wrong?

29 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Could be one less, Craigroyston and Leith Athletic talking merger apparently.

That could be a sensible move. Leith really struggle to draw a crowd out at Peffermill, it's not a great place to watch football, and Craigroyston play nearer to Leith than Leith. If only one of the names survived then I'd hope it would be Leith's. Craigleith has a nice ring to it though, and that area is only a couple of miles from Craigroyston's ground anyway.