New clubs in the East of Scotland

If their is no resolution in march. I wonder if their will be a last minute scramble for applications to the EOSFL.

If 18 of the south of tay clubs joined as Kinnoull and scone may prefer to play to stay with tayside and with Syngenta joining you could have 16 team premier league and potentially 3 leagues of 14 with 3 winners up to premier 3 relegated and 2nd to 5th and best 6th place forming a 16 team first division. The remaining 26 plus any new applicant for 2020/2021 season become 2 regional leagues of 13 plus whoever joins after that

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

If their is no resolution in march. I wonder if their will be a last minute scramble for applications to the EOSFL.

If 18 of the south of tay clubs joined as Kinnoull and scone may prefer to play to stay with tayside and with Syngenta joining you could have 16 team premier league and potentially 3 leagues of 14 with 3 winners up to premier 3 relegated and 2nd to 5th and best 6th place forming a 16 team first division. The remaining 26 plus any new applicant for 2020/2021 season become 2 regional leagues of 13 plus whoever joins after that

Is it likely that the number of new  clubs  applying will be that high ? There have been some rumours that some of  the West Lothian  clubs will join the WRJFC. ?

However, if there is a need for a total of 4 divisions, why not 1 Premier at Tier 6, and 3 regional divisions all at Tier 7 ?  Less travelling and more local rivalries. Bottom 4 in the Premier relegated, with 3 champions being promoted, plus play-offs between the three 2nd placed clubs for the 4th promotion spot to Tier 6.    Does a  pyramid Tier 8 benefit anyone ?

5 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Is it likely that the number of new  clubs  applying will be that high ? There have been some rumours that some of  the West Lothian  clubs will join the WRJFC. ?

However, if there is a need for a total of 4 divisions, why not 1 Premier at Tier 6, and 3 regional divisions all at Tier 7 ?  Less travelling and more local rivalries. Bottom 4 in the Premier relegated, with 3 champions being promoted, plus play-offs between the three 2nd placed clubs for the 4th promotion spot to Tier 6.    Does a  pyramid Tier 8 benefit anyone ?

I would personally think a regionalised tier 8 would be better. Just my personal preference, but I don't like too many big scorelines in a division. With a tier 7 division the best teams outside the EOS Premier would be together and the poorest teams are better off together in a regionalised tier 8.

23 minutes ago, Robert James said:

They wont all apply im suggesting thats what should be done if ersjfa want in the pyramid. If they joined wsjfa they would be at tier 9 so complete pointlessness

Will TJ be attending the ERJFA meeting to give his members an update on the PWG negotiations and to demonstrate a keen desire to keep his members on board?

Or will he cover the matter by email?

Or will he just do nothing?

Edited by Pyramidic

24 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Will TJ be attending the ERJFA meeting to give his members an update on the PWG negotiations and to demonstrate a keen desire to keep his members on board?

Or will he cover the matter by email?

Or will he just do nothing?

Or will there be be an official announcement regarding the outcome  ?

No been on for a while but I kept an eye on all hell breaking loose. I wanted Mohammed (Shippy) to go to the mountain (Juniors) but the mountain came to us lol

Any word on the Albert coming as well, I go to a few games when I'm around and Shippy are away from hame but they dinnae seem too keen.

32 minutes ago, non_sequitur said:

No been on for a while but I kept an eye on all hell breaking loose. I wanted Mohammed (Shippy) to go to the mountain (Juniors) but the mountain came to us lol

Any word on the Albert coming as well, I go to a few games when I'm around and Shippy are away from hame but they dinnae seem too keen.

Not really heard anything from the remaining Fife clubs. The question you should ask Lochgelly next time you're there is whether they are happy to have two separate leagues in the east (and not have the chance of playing Oakley, Burntisland, Inverkeithing, or the bigger Fife clubs). If not then the only option is to move to the EOS.

Hopefully some clubs move over so the remaining Juniors are basically forced to move as well.

On 08/02/2019 at 14:12, non_sequitur said:

I understand that it is SFA club licensing day tomorrow. If so, it will be very interesting to see how many of the (new)  2018/19 EoS clubs, will have been granted a licence, and when the outcome will be announced. It has been suggested on P&B that as many as 14 new  licensing applications have been submitted (?)

To what extent (if at all) will this licensing outcome have any impact on junior, amateur, or youth clubs who may be considering joining the EoS for 2019/20 ?

39 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I understand that it is SFA club licensing day tomorrow. If so, it will be very interesting to see how many of the (new)  2018/19 EoS clubs, will have been granted a licence, and when the outcome will be announced. It has been suggested on P&B that as many as 14 new  licensing applications have been submitted (?)

To what extent (if at all) will this licensing outcome have any impact on junior, amateur, or youth clubs who may be considering joining the EoS for 2019/20 ?

The process is, the applications get reviewed by the LC tomorrow and if they consider them to meet requirements, they are passed to the SFA Board to approve full SFA membership (that's Thursday), if they approve membership, it gets passed back to the LC to then approve licence and issue it to clubs.

Those without floodlights will have their derogation applications decided by the SFA Board I believe.

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The process is, the applications get reviewed by the LC tomorrow and if they consider them to meet requirements, they are passed to the SFA Board to approve full SFA membership (that's Thursday), if they approve membership, it gets passed back to the LC to then approve licence and issue it to clubs.

Those without floodlights will have their derogation applications decided by the SFA Board I believe.

Great - thanks

Hopefully some clubs move over so the remaining Juniors are basically forced to move as well.

Leaving the Tayside teams out to dry? I feel little regard has been paid to these clubs. Can’t join the EOS, can’t join the HL and could end up in a small regional league playing themselves, can’t be good financially for these clubs.

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Leaving the Tayside teams out to dry? I feel little regard has been paid to these clubs. Can’t join the EOS, can’t join the HL and could end up in a small regional league playing themselves, can’t be good financially for these clubs.

They aren't being left out to dry. They can join the Highland League if they meet the criteria. They're also discussing various options that include essentially forming a Tayside league within the East Region as it is.

Within a Tier 6 framework they would be doing much the same kind of travel. Dundee to Aberdeen = 66 miles. Dundee to Edinburgh = 63 miles. A link up with the North Region juniors isn't a death sentence. It's only when you get to Tier 5 that the significant differences arise. Then it's a case of being acceptable to go from Dundee to Gretna but not Inverness.

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

They can join the HL if they get a licence and floodlights, just like what they would need if they wanted to join the LL.

The HL needs a feeder though to make it open up at the bottom. So the Tayside/Angus get together with half a dozen North Juniors - most of which are at most 60-70 minutes away from Dundee, to make it not such a small regional league.