New clubs in the East of Scotland

Or look at Blackburn United or all the other clubs who are now within the license process. I would think all have put the hours in with some huge finances spend on facilities etc. This may well impact on clubs finishing top 5 etc and taking a "hit financially" as they drop a tier. But these clubs are taking such hits short term to help them build for a better future on field and off. All clubs who gain their licence in time should be considered equal if such an scenario arises with application, imo. 

6 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Two good crowds. I'm saying we've lost that happening more often for one season.

Don't take this the wrong way. I voted for it too but it wasn't a decision to be taken lightly for those reasons. I was responding to the poster who just thought we were time wasting.

Out of curiosity, would you rather Linlithgow Rose were in the EoS Premier or Lowland League next year?

I've thought alot about that and I had originally thought the EoS Premier.

However, it's got to be about getting to the LL as soon as possible as there'll be a lot of good sides being promoted to it in the next decade and it'll be ultra competitive. We won the Superleague three times in nearly two decades so you have to take the chance when you get it.

I do think crowd wise the EoS Premier will dwarf the LL for the next few seasons until the pyramid settles.

10 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

licences ?

Soon after 12th February meeting it should be announced, or leaked, how many former Junior clubs have been awarded licences. It has been suggested that a dozen or so of these clubs have submitted licensing applications. One licensing criterion requires clubs to have current membership of a (senior) pyramid league.  It is probably very unlikely that any of the ex-ER juniors now playing in the EoSL, will revert to SJFA membership, thereby losing their newly acquired Entry Licence. 

When you have a pyramid in place application should only ever be to the bottom rung imo.

No doubt if another rangers happened the pyramid would also be ignored.

Is the current rule to a spfl vacancy still application ?

Lowland league should act by example and totally ditch rule or be told to ditch rule.

I would go farther with regards to natural promotion.

1st licensed club if license required.

Whether they finish top or not.

If ll does end with an open space to invitation for me Lothian thistle who consistently missed opportunities, now have their house in order. They should rival lithgy and any dregs relegated.

I agree that the rule relating to only the winner being eligible for the play-off should be amended to say the highest placed club in the top three that holds a licence.  That keeps the Pyramid flowing. Same if tier 6 was ever subject to Licencing, then the highest placed Licenced clubs at tier 7 should be eligible.

Again, that would need to be agreed by SFA/LL/HL/EoS/SoS

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I agree that the rule relating to only the winner being eligible for the play-off should be amended to say the highest placed club in the top three that holds a licence.  That keeps the Pyramid flowing. Same if tier 6 was ever subject to Licencing, then the highest placed Licenced clubs at tier 7 should be eligible.

Again, that would need to be agreed by SFA/LL/HL/EoS/SoS

You missed SJFA

On 31/01/2019 at 19:09, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Two good crowds. I'm saying we've lost that happening more often for one season.

Don't take this the wrong way. I voted for it too but it wasn't a decision to be taken lightly for those reasons. I was responding to the poster who just thought we were time wasting.

Next season, the EoS ex junior clubs will benefit considerably because :

* one or two of them will be playing in the Lowland League

* the new EoS premier division will be a higher standard competition, with a chance of promotion to Tier 5 at the end of the season

* between six and a dozen EoS clubs should have been awarded an SFA Licence, opening up regular Scottish Cup entry 

* some other junior clubs will have joined the EoS

* clubs may vote in favour of the new tier 7 divisions being organised geographically,thereby  increasing local derbies and reducing travel costs for all EoS clubs 

* attendances will increase, with enhanced sponsorship opportunities (as a consequence of the above).

I'm looking forward to it already.  I hope you are .

When you have a pyramid in place application should only ever be to the bottom rung imo.
No doubt if another rangers happened the pyramid would also be ignored.
Is the current rule to a spfl vacancy still application ?
Lowland league should act by example and totally ditch rule or be told to ditch rule.

I would go farther with regards to natural promotion.
1st licensed club if license required.
Whether they finish top or not.

If ll does end with an open space to invitation for me Lothian thistle who consistently missed opportunities, now have their house in order. They should rival lithgy and any dregs relegated.

Largely agreed. They should do away with filling spaces through application. Should a club go bust or withdraw, they can just be replaced by reprieving clubs and/or additional promotion. Just like how the top 3 tiers got filled after Rangers' liquidation.

And I indeed agree that the highest eligible team should get a promotion / PO spot. Probably as long as they finish in the top 4 or something.

12 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Preston Athletic coach on radio, saying there are more clubs joining the EOS including some from West Lothian. If that's the case then little wonder the East Juniors are apparently looking at just two regional divisions.

This may or may not be speculation, as the source is 'unusual'. 

Last year most clubs contemplating moving to the seniors, held management committee meetings, or consulted with their club members. This led to leaks  and/or official club announcements. Not heard as yet, about any such meetings being held or scheduled, and we are now in February.

Does anyone know the date of the next ERJFA management meeting ? 

7 hours ago, Robert James said:

This may or may not be speculation, as the source is 'unusual'. 

Last year most clubs contemplating moving to the seniors, held management committee meetings, or consulted with their club members. This led to leaks  and/or official club announcements. Not heard as yet, about any such meetings being held or scheduled, and we are now in February.

Does anyone know the date of the next ERJFA management meeting ? 

That was the post March 31st deadline lot when you started to have meetings. The first set of clubs that actually applied to the original timeline largely kept it to themselves. It was only after March 31st that most of them became known publicly.

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That was the post March 31st deadline lot when you started to have meetings. The first set of clubs that actually applied to the original timeline largely kept it to themselves. It was only after March 31st that most of them became known publicly.

Makes sense, thanks.

Any idea when the next PWG meeting is being held ?