New clubs in the East of Scotland

Just now, Dev said:

Not Punishment? Eh?

The league made its decisions as it was entitled to do - and it was the clubs that made the decision in the end. The league was just the vehicle for the decision.

There's a glaring mistake which needs to be put right. It's the only bad move that the clubs in the east have made. I am sure that they now understand that it needs to be put right and they are generous enough to do that.

What's your point? if the WL clubs had joined the EoS earlier, they would have been in the Conferences at present with a chance of a Premier League spot.

There is only a glaring mistake in your head.

Harthill??

34 minutes ago, Dev said:

...I am sure that they now understand that it needs to be put right and they are generous enough to do that.

Certain people on here used to assure anyone who would listen that the LL would open up relegation once most of the east superleague clubs had defected to the EoS. It's naive to ever assume that most clubs will do the right thing out of generosity rather than vote for what's in their selfish self-interest. 

13 hours ago, chavez said:

It is a farce.

Where are all the new teams that were being enticed in? - not one single applicant.

I don't know where the clubs can come from right now. There's fairly healthy amateur set ups in Stirlingshire, Fife and the Borders and a few have their own grounds but I doubt many would fancy regular travel to what is pretty much a West Lothian League. Less "rural" areas might have youth teams or ammies who want to move up but they'll have no chance of getting a ground of their own or a viable groundshare. 

We're also coming out of two seasons impacted by Covid. It'd be a brave club wanting to make any big changes until things have calmed down a wee bit. 

Pointless speculation time but the current ammies set up in the east could come in at the lowest tier in their current regional set up would work well. Borders, Lothians and Fife all have their own amateur set up which could be EoSFL tier 8 or 9 or whatever. 

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Not a new club, but I believe Ormiston are returning to being known as Ormiston Primrose next season.

Also Hawick Royal Albert United to drop United and revert to traditional name.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Since this is the current spot to talk about new/old clubs. 

Any news on Edinburgh South sorting a more permanent ground? I think next season is due to be year 3 of 3 of the initial agreement with Dalkeith's ground. 

Not heard anything in that regard.

I did hear Leith Athletic and Rosyth were among a number of current members who were warned their ground arrangements/facilities weren't suitable a year or so ago after a review. Obviously Leith's will be resolved when they move back to Meadowbank but Rosyth are in a difficult position as it doesn't look like they're getting a new ground anytime soon and their cage probably doesn't meet EoS requirements.

Whether Edinburgh South were allowed to groundshare for 3 years to allow them to sort a suitable home ground I don't know.

Rosyth are due to move into a cage/ground at Pitreavie in the summer. I don't know how good it is though and it's not the old Jubilee Athletic ground with the stand as far as I'm led to believe. 

11 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Rosyth are due to move into a cage/ground at Pitreavie in the summer. I don't know how good it is though and it's not the old Jubilee Athletic ground with the stand as far as I'm led to believe. 

Think the new Inverkeithing high school - in Rosyth(!) - is going to take over the entire Fleet Grounds and make them homeless at some point soon anyway so they need to be sorting things. Hope Lidl don't get away with not building a ground for them as well.

41 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

This place presumably?

https://www.localgymsandfitness.com/GB/Dunfermline/715326325259937/Pitreavie-Sport-%26-Soccer-Centre?__cf_chl_tk=BIl.dr.CKepRd0RRZoKfOgVVNKeckFI6cEe3etJhNHY-1652893507-0-gaNycGzNCKU

4 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Not heard anything in that regard.

I did hear Leith Athletic and Rosyth were among a number of current members who were warned their ground arrangements/facilities weren't suitable a year or so ago after a review. Obviously Leith's will be resolved when they move back to Meadowbank but Rosyth are in a difficult position as it doesn't look like they're getting a new ground anytime soon and their cage probably doesn't meet EoS requirements.

Whether Edinburgh South were allowed to groundshare for 3 years to allow them to sort a suitable home ground I don't know.

I asked Edinburgh City in a tweet earlier this week, if they were starting the new season at Meadowbank and i've had no reply to the tweet, so either they don't know themselves or their social media person is on holiday

On 18/05/2022 at 17:21, tamthebam said:

What is actually happening with the old ground? I’m assuming Lidl still haven’t built on it yet? Google maps shows from 10 months ago and there’s nothing there. What’s the chances of them being able to go back home?

9 hours ago, Spyro said:

What is actually happening with the old ground? I’m assuming Lidl still haven’t built on it yet? Google maps shows from 10 months ago and there’s nothing there. What’s the chances of them being able to go back home?

We played at Rosyth six months ago and I was amazed to see that nothing had happened at their old ground.

You wonder why whoever owns the park couldn’t let Rosyth play there until work is ready to start on the supermarket.

On 18/05/2022 at 17:21, tamthebam said:

I'm not sure that really helps their issue as if it's the cage, that's not EoS compliant either unless significant work is being done to it.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

I'm not sure that really helps their issue as if it's the cage, that's not EoS compliant either unless significant work is being done to it.

Don’t want to say it, but Syngenta we’re knocked back for Little Kerse not being up to standard. Tough break but you can only push the rules so far I guess. It’s a horrible situation for Rosyth but they really need something to happen asap

20 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

from the malcontent I spoke to Rosyth were getting shafted by Fife Council, Dunfermline Athletic FC and the supermarket. 

I fear Rosyth may end up going the way of Steelend Vics. 

The best parallel in semi pro football would seem to be Baillieston, as they soldiered on elsewhere before calling it a day. At least their ground got developed.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

from the malcontent I spoke to Rosyth were getting shafted by Fife Council, Dunfermline Athletic FC and the supermarket. 

I fear Rosyth may end up going the way of Steelend Vics. 

Maybe the same malcontents I spoke to when they played Ed Utd at Paties Road this season Tam.

3 hours ago, Burnieman said:

It's just a rumour but it would make sense from a local game perspective.  They should never have moved IMO, although if they do move back they haven't lost anything much as they wouldn't have been in the promotion hunt in X this season anyway.

Just a rumour at present about Harthill Royal.

Welcome home!

In regards to Edinburgh South, I believe the pitch that was previously Tynecastle & Tollcross Thistle would be their only suitable option. I think they'd maybe get the same permissions as Coldstream/Peebles and throw a perimeter fence around the public park and somehow get funding for floodlights. You could argue with Sport-Scotland funding the play-park area to the left of the changing rooms could also be made into a 5 a side football park and a new park placed there to accommodate what would be taken away.

In essence that does sound like a good idea and probably one that they would have looked at before?

image.png.ea6953cad69b6c87b861b7f901313fd2.png