New clubs in the East of Scotland

On 13/05/2021 at 19:26, LongTimeLurker said:

It was disappointing that EoS members would vote this mob in under these circumstances against the wishes of a fellow EoSFA member.

Bo'ness United don't have any exclusive rights to running a senior football club in the town, it would be disappointing if the EoS didn't vote in a team purely on this sort of basis.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I hope Whitburn haven't levelled their pitch- with all these 4G pitches around there needs to be a preservation order slapped on a good old fashioned sloping grass pitch!

Naw tam,its still as bumpy as ever lol !!

But the rest of Central park is looking braw !!!

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You clearly don't even understand what happened if you think that's the main issue.

I'm afraid "it's not fair, they might run a raffle" doesn't really count as a major issue.

Bo'ness United don't have any exclusive rights to running a senior football club in the town, it would be disappointing if the EoS didn't vote in a team purely on this sort of basis.
Correct, they are a lazy club who don't want shown up by another club, who have drive and determination.

EKFC v East Kilbride Thistle

Cumbernauld Utd v Cumbernauld Colts

St Mirren v St Peter's

Could say that Bo'ness story anywhere were new clubs have sprung up.

There's even now two Broomhill Sports Club's  who claim to have no connection to each.

Enjoy the pyramid folks.

28 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

EKFC v East Kilbride Thistle

Cumbernauld Utd v Cumbernauld Colts

St Mirren v St Peter's

Could say that Bo'ness story anywhere were new clubs have sprung up.

There's even now two Broomhill Sports Club's  who claim to have no connection to each.

Enjoy the pyramid folks.

I've never heard anyone have any problem from these clubs. Heard their was a big or argey bargey with the colts and clyde. The way the boness one is going it will be like mk Don's vs wimbledon

The 2nd Bo'ness team will fold within 5 years. They won't get a share of the local support beyond the friends/family of players.

I'm not a Bo'ness Utd fan but I jut think the whole situation is very odd.  I wonder what will happen with the amateur team Bo'ness Community? Weren't they meant to be the feeder to the junior team? I suspect Bo'ness Cadora (themselves a relatively established amateur team) are probably unhappy about another amateur team trying use the Bo'ness name on a Saturday.

Could be a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth in EH51 football circles.

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The 2nd Bo'ness team will fold within 5 years. They won't get a share of the local support beyond the friends/family of players.

I'm not a Bo'ness Utd fan but I jut think the whole situation is very odd.  I wonder what will happen with the amateur team Bo'ness Community? Weren't they meant to be the feeder to the junior team? I suspect Bo'ness Cadora (themselves a relatively established amateur team) are probably unhappy about another amateur team trying use the Bo'ness name on a Saturday.

Could be a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth in EH51 football circles.

Sink or swim? Football is constantly changing with new clubs evolving and long established clubs declining, stagnating and sometimes dissolving. It will be very interesting to see the "football map" and the changing landscape in the next decade or so. New initiatives in my view should not be stifled at birth but they do need to prove themselves. Bo'ness Athletic have been given that opportunity and now need to prove that they can sustain themselves.

With various situations possibly arising, it seems plausible that the majority of  EOS / WOSFL clubs should have a side that feeds into their first team - be it reserve,youth etc, but rarely another club ? Can't see many getting a share of a towns population, would anyone watch all/every Bo'ness clubs ? Are there many other places with the same problems ?  Guess lookin down south, once there were two proud historical Ossett clubs - things move on I guess.