New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Hey John S
I disagree about the change comment, I believe it can, well the potential is there, the south challenge cup can become bigger in terms of reputation.  I don't think its was portrayed that way due to the advertising of it in the past and the amount of teams participating in it and most of the teams being located in the East....

It's very difficult to build up the sort of buzz that the SJC generated amongst the few games a season type fanbase that tended to get drawn in by those games so the SCC is probably going to be more West of Scotland or East of Scotland cup sort of levels of interest for the forseeable future. Think the sort of viewpoint in this recent newspaper article about missing the SJC will be felt by a lot of people:

https://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/sport/football/linlithgow-rose-ace-ruari-maclennan-explains-why-he-misses-playing-in-the-scottish-junior-cup-so-much-3217365?itm_source=parsely-api

but the powers that be at LL board sort of level (i.e. the same brain trust drawn primarily from ex-boys clubs and pre-2015 EoS premier outfits that thinks the old firm colts plan would be a good move) won't be falling over themselves to do anything about it and will be pushing the SCC instead.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

but the powers that be at LL board sort of level (i.e. the same brain trust drawn primarily from ex-boys clubs and pre-2015 EoS premier outfits that thinks the old firm colts plan would be a good move) won't be falling over themselves to do anything about it and will be pushing the SCC instead.

You already know  there's meant to be work ongoing for a national non-league trophy.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Maybe they could keep some element of its Juniors roots by having its first round as being pre-season/summer local group sections.

Allow them to play local  summer football including evenings midweek, not much travel, the chance of local sponsorship. Maybe invite SPFL clubs to put in a second-string team to participate but not qualify for knockout stages.

A couple could qualify from each local group for the national knockout stages. It wouldn't be done by council area, but if it was then 2 teams x 32 areas in an open draw for the national stages. Final to be the big day at Hampden.

On 06/05/2021 at 09:16, LongTimeLurker said:

It's very difficult to build up the sort of buzz that the SJC generated amongst the few games a season type fanbase that tended to get drawn in by those games so the SCC is probably going to be more West of Scotland or East of Scotland cup sort of levels of interest for the forseeable future. Think the sort of viewpoint in this recent newspaper article about missing the SJC will be felt by a lot of people:

https://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/sport/football/linlithgow-rose-ace-ruari-maclennan-explains-why-he-misses-playing-in-the-scottish-junior-cup-so-much-3217365?itm_source=parsely-api

Obviously that's your viewpoint and i get it but a couple of things, the type of potential games in the SCC, potential examples; East Kilbride v Auchinleck Talbot, Linlithgow Rose V Pollok, Berwick Rangers v Camelon, Bonnyrigg Rose V Clydebank,  These types of ties are far superior and interesting in most games that have been in the SJC in the past 10 year.
How does it change, it about the correct marketing, online promotion, its easy to adapt and change the way to get the interest change, its the online work I have done and there are many people who can do this for Lowland Association and all clubs below as I have worked at, (nope I'm not interested in the job). 
I laugh at these newspaper stuff of coaches saying the juniors is the place to be, the SJC is brill and i miss it.  Everyone, especially the younger generation coming through will look back at it but in 10, 20 years, none will give  a flying F... about it and us who become older will think back with fond memories.  

The junior cup is really finished, its was fantastic trophy but I can see another new non league Scottish cup but right now this coming season its a NO as there's enough to be getting on with to make sure 21/22 is a successful season for all and I'm sure the non league Scottish cup can then be readdressed.  If there is a national non league cup with the Highland league and all below there pyramid section then I definitely think the first 3 rounds should and will be regionalized, maybe north and south and then all in if it does get of the ground.

On 07/05/2021 at 10:40, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Obviously that's your viewpoint and i get it but a couple of things, the type of potential games in the SCC, potential examples; East Kilbride v Auchinleck Talbot, Linlithgow Rose V Pollok, Berwick Rangers v Camelon, Bonnyrigg Rose V Clydebank,  These types of ties are far superior and interesting in most games that have been in the SJC in the past 10 year...

That's definitely the way it will be spun to justify going with the SCC but it's only the fully engaged portion of the fanbase that grasp that rather than armchair Old Firm fans who only occasionally pay attention to their local ex-junior EoS or WoS club and maybe show up a couple of times a season for something like Beith vs Kilbirnie or Bo'ness United vs Lithgae Rose.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That's definitely the way it will be spun to justify going with the SCC but it's only the fully engaged portion of the fanbase that grasp that rather than armchair Old Firm fans who only occasionally pay attention to their local ex-junior EoS or WoS club and maybe show up a couple of times a season for something like Beith vs Kilbirnie or Bo'ness United vs Lithgae Rose.

No sorry, disagree 100%, you are knowledgeable in lot of things but I find you very 'tunnel visionish' in a few things, especially 'junior' orientated, which sometimes i don't thing some of your views are constructively dealt with, (please, its not an attack, it's just my view of certain matters you quote on). 

I believe, truly believe I'm coming at this objectively and as a guy who has played in the SJC in many years and always watched  SJC games and shown an interest in the SJC, i feel the games as an example of what i have listed are far superiors  than in the last 10 years of the SJC and only time will tell.  If everyone pulls together and the right marketing is done to gain interest then there a potential for it to gain big interested throughout the central belt of Scotland and below.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

On 07/05/2021 at 13:22, Burnieman said:

I think this thread can go back into hibernation until the silly season starts again early next year, although new entrant speculation will be much reduced in future I expect.

Joint email from West Lothian clubs... "How come we need to start at the bottom"?

23 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I wonder if harthill are as smug about joining wosfl now with a mammoth trip to campbelltown. Which according to google will take 3 hours. But tweedmouth was only 1 hr 35 mins and they scoffed at that.

Wheres the wee whitburn committee man now 

New clubs that have been named on the WOSFL forum.

St Peters
Harthill
Harmony Row
Kilsyth Athletic
Finnart 
Glenvale 
Campbeltown Pupils AFC
Westerton United 
Broomhill Sport Club   (Colt team starting at the bottom???)

23 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I wonder if harthill are as smug about joining wosfl now with a mammoth trip to campbelltown. Which according to google will take 3 hours. But tweedmouth was only 1 hr 35 mins and they scoffed at that.

Wheres the wee whitburn committee man now 

Not just that. They are playing in a development league in 3G cages for the most part. They haven't exactly been Barcelona over the years in playing strength terms so it remains to be seen how easily they can play their way out of this fifth tier to have games against clubs their fans would actually have heard of.

32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

They may be what was left of the club in Glasgow when the LL version started out their own nomadic existence.  They will no doubt claim to have no connection between them, a bit like Celtic/Celtic BC.

A change of name would help them then.

if we had voted to finish the season points per game the old firm wouldn't have been able to join the lowland as we could of promoted from the premier but we stupidly voted null and void. i bet the boy fraser was rubbing his hands when he seen that.

4 minutes ago, Anychance said:

if we had voted to finish the season points per game the old firm wouldn't have been able to join the lowland as we could of promoted from the premier but we stupidly voted null and void. i bet the boy fraser was rubbing his hands when he seen that.

That is a question I would have for the Boards of both the EOSFL and SLFL, about what communications they had about how the leagues would be ended and its implications for promotion/relegation.

It seems incredulous that the EOSFL knowingly went through their "ending the season" vote without making it clear to clubs that at least one promotion place to the LL was available to them if the EOS premier league nominated a champion club. 

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That is a question I would have for the Boards of both the EOSFL and SLFL, about what communications they had about how the leagues would be ended and its implications for promotion/relegation.

It seems incredulous that the EOSFL knowingly went through their "ending the season" vote without making it clear to clubs that at least one promotion place to the LL was available to them if the EOS premier league nominated a champion club. 

That was obvious to everyone and said by the likes of the LL reps in media interviews at the time. That's why VoL were sending out panicked statements worried about getting relegated.

It didn't change the fact that the title contending teams had played at most 12 games. The main proponents I saw for declaring on PPG were Leith Athletic at First Division level and  with others more concerned with the idea of settling into divisions instead of another year of Conferences.