New clubs in the East of Scotland

Just now, Marten said:

Can you get any more annoying? ...

It would have been OK just to say no and admit this has all been a bizarre fuss over not very much. The pyramid would have been done and dusted two years ago if the EoS had been comfortable with an SJFA role within it. They weren't so we got another two years of ongoing lunatic blazer politics instead before top west region people finally grasped that they would have to form a WoS to get in because the EoS held a veto over changes to the playoff rules. Excuse me if given that backdrop I find the idea that the EoS are suddenly going to be OK with WoS style dual SJFA membership for some of its clubs a little farfetched.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

It would have been OK just to say no and admit this has all been a bizarre fuss over not very much. The pyramid would have been done and dusted two years ago if the EoS had been comfortable with an SJFA role within it. They weren't so we got another two years of ongoing lunatic blazer politics instead before top west region people finally grasped that they would have to form a WoS to get in because the EoS held a veto over changes to the playoff rules. Excuse me if given that backdrop I find the idea that the EoS are suddenly going to be OK with WoS style dual SJFA membership for some of its clubs a little farfetched.

Except every time anyone has said no, you have continued being a tedious knob.

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You could actually argue Gordon that clyde are a Glasgow team and not cumbernauld. So you could say their the tag will drop over time when they moved

Big big error there Guys.The Bully Wee are not, never have been and never will be a Glasgow team. They are the team from Ruglin’

its the equivalent faux pas as saying Blackburn are a  team from Bathgate. 

Edited by Malty Guy
V

It's not far fetched in the slightest other than in your world.

The EoS made clear they objected to SJFA-run LEAGUES in the pyramid, and mainly because one of them would have a large overlap with their own league. Regardless of your opinion on their stance, it's a significantly different matter if the SJFA run a cup that some EoS clubs participate in. As said previously, there are already other cups like the Fife Cup that some EoS members participate in. The EoS rules allow members to take part in cups not organised by them or the SFA, as long as their own competitions get first preference in terms of fixture scheduling.

The SJFA can just unilaterally change their rules to allow dual membership for EoS members and that's it.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Excuse me if given that backdrop I find the idea that the EoS are suddenly going to be OK with WoS style dual SJFA membership for some of its clubs a little farfetched.

Are you suggesting that the EOS can prevent the SJFA from changing their own constitution?

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Are you suggesting that the EOS can prevent the SJFA from changing their own constitution?

With all the changes happening i think the  S J F A has outlived its usefulness and it it not time to just have one  F A and just call them football clubs.

17 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Welcome to my ignore list. Spew away to your hearts content in future. I won't be reading any more of your moronic drivel.

Aye, you will. You can't resist.

3 hours ago, drumbeg geordie said:

With all the changes happening i think the  S J F A has outlived its usefulness and it it not time to just have one  F A and just call them football clubs.

Definitely but there's a couple of guys with blazers from WoS clubs that are still trying to keep the SJFA going and are talking about the SJC becoming the national cup competition for everything semi-pro from tier 5 down. Good concept IMO and hope it happens but there's no obvious reason why it wouldn't be the SFA that would implement an all-ecompassing national nonleague cup if it ever happens. It will be interesting to see how many WoS clubs will retain SJFA membership for 2021-22. If the WoS sticks with the SCC and there is no reason to believe they are not at this point it will be very challenging to fit the SJC in alongside league games and whatever WoS specific cup competitions emerge next season.

There's currently no reason to believe that the EoS have any plans to allow any of their clubs to participate in the SJC next season so the posts above were nothing more than a bizarre tangent from the same posse of posters who thought Tayport and Scone Thistle would have to join the EoS to get into the pyramid because of the Club 42 playoff rules and were completely obsessed with a particular line of latitude to the exclusion of what was actually really unfolding in the PWG negotiations.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Definitely but there's a couple of guys with blazers from WoS clubs that are still trying to keep the SJFA going and are talking about the SJC becoming the national cup competition for everything semi-pro from tier 5 down. Good concept IMO and hope it happens but there's no obvious reason why it wouldn't be the SFA that would implement an all-ecompassing national nonleague cup if it ever happens.

Agreed, good concept. And I can't see the senior clubs rushing to participate if it's under the jurisdiction of wht's left of the Junioe empire.

20 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's currently no reason to believe that the EoS have any plans to allow any of their clubs to participate in the SJC next season

It's got nothing to do with the EoSFA, there's no ban on clubs participating in other FA's competitions, just that clubs participating will have to work around their primary EoSFA commitments.

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

It's got nothing to do with the EoSFA, there's no ban on clubs participating in other FA's competitions, just that clubs participating will have to work around their primary EoSFA commitments.

That keeps being pointed out to LTL but he clearly doesn't want to see the reality and wants to keep spouting his nonsense...

Edited by Marten

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Definitely but there's a couple of guys with blazers from WoS clubs that are still trying to keep the SJFA going and are talking about the SJC becoming the national cup competition for everything semi-pro from tier 5 down. Good concept IMO and hope it happens but there's no obvious reason why it wouldn't be the SFA that would implement an all-ecompassing national nonleague cup if it ever happens. It will be interesting to see how many WoS clubs will retain SJFA membership for 2021-22. If the WoS sticks with the SCC and there is no reason to believe they are not at this point it will be very challenging to fit the SJC in alongside league games and whatever WoS specific cup competitions emerge next season.

There's currently no reason to believe that the EoS have any plans to allow any of their clubs to participate in the SJC next season so the posts above were nothing more than a bizarre tangent from the same posse of posters who thought Tayport and Scone Thistle would have to join the EoS to get into the pyramid because of the Club 42 playoff rules and were completely obsessed with a particular line of latitude to the exclusion of what was actually really unfolding in the PWG negotiations.

That's to be expected as there are many people in clubs from the WOSFL who still think junior orientated, personally not for me but I understand why they think that way, moving from junior level to the senior level.  Right now, some clubs will be keeping their junior status to play in the junior cup but as the years unfold, more younger, football people will join the committees and think that the junior stuff is last on the agenda as the other cups in the senior leagues are far more important.  I can see a lot of first teams not being used for the junior cup but quite a few development sides playing in the tournament

Out of teams in the Lowland and Highland League I take it all are licensed and can play in the main Scottish cup and for Lowland teams you have the SCC which incorporates 147 teams minus the new teams joining 21/22 which could be more than 20 teams taking a southern cup competition of over 167 teams and is by far stronger than the previous Scottish junior cup with the quality of teams participating and then you have expected domestic cups, West cup, East cup so its understandable that over the years to come the junior cup is going to be the last thing on peoples mind and quite rightly so. 

I do not understand any team looking towards the Scottish junior cup when its easy to understand that the SCC will have higher quality teams in it and that's just a Southern cup with about 167 teams and it still retails great away days

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
added last paragraph

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

its understandable that over the years to come the junior cup is going to be the last thing on peoples mind and quite rightly so

It pretty much already is, which is why you've got the SJFA head giving quotes in the paper asking to be included in the thoughts of the fixture secretaries. As was clear at the time the pyramid leagues didn't mind clubs retaining SJFA membership as long as it didn't impact the priority fixtures, which is why they compared it to being members of minor associations like the Fife FA.

On 01/05/2021 at 15:26, GNU_Linux said:

You've also got teams who share with other sports such as Berwick Rangers & Ashfield sharing with speedway teams. Also Tynecastle sharing Meggetland with the egg chasers Boroughmuir & American eggballers Edinburgh Wolves.

And Cowdenbeath sharing (subordinate to) the stock cars.

Ex-manager Jimmy Nic said it was the first football job he had where he needed a crash helmet and had to be out of the car park by 5pm or he'd be rammed.

Yuk yuk yuk 

On 28/04/2021 at 13:18, Pyramidic said:

There appears to be a big contrast now between the EOSFL approach to progressive new clubs and the WOSFL approach who appear to be bending over backwards to facilitate a feeder division for ambitious amateur and youth set-ups. The way that Letham’s application was discarded by the EOSFL management is disappointing but we of course do not know all the facts. It is noteworthy that Letham have not made an official statement on the reasons for their rejection.

I live round the corner from Letham and played for them as a kid so was keen to find out how their application went. Seen other clubs confirming their acceptable but heard nothing about Letham but didn't think to come ask around in this section of the forum to find out until today of course. 

I'm not that knowledge in terms of the requirements to get into the EOS etc but did think it was a big ask for them to go from Amatuers straight to that level but also unsure where they go now as seems a bit pointless them continuing in the local Perth league where the competition etc isn't really there. Facilities they've got some big plans to improve the changing rooms etc so maybe the stance was "come back to us once that moves forward". Pitch is of a good standard etc. 

Has anyone heard any confirmation as to why they weren't considered since?

27 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I live round the corner from Letham and played for them as a kid so was keen to find out how their application went. Seen other clubs confirming their acceptable but heard nothing about Letham but didn't think to come ask around in this section of the forum to find out until today of course. 

I'm not that knowledge in terms of the requirements to get into the EOS etc but did think it was a big ask for them to go from Amatuers straight to that level but also unsure where they go now as seems a bit pointless them continuing in the local Perth league where the competition etc isn't really there. Facilities they've got some big plans to improve the changing rooms etc so maybe the stance was "come back to us once that moves forward". Pitch is of a good standard etc. 

No proper answers to this one on Forum. Perhaps an opportunity for some investigative journalism! 

On 02/05/2021 at 15:49, LongTimeLurker said:

The EOS were absolutely right to not be comfortable with the SJFA having any role or influence under their remit. Why would anyone want to welcome a group onboard who had a long track record of self-importance, self-serving and backwards-thinking who combined with their subsidiary couldn’t even so much as muster up a full fixture list?? 

On 03/05/2021 at 06:54, drumbeg geordie said:

The SJFA outlived it’s usefulness probably around 15-20 years ago now. Any royalists on this thread forgive me for the following analogy, but “ra joonyurz!” had just long been the Prince Philip of Scottish football. Tom Johnston  & co certainly did manage to string out a few last freebies from their backwards brand to be fair but it’s just been a long time waiting on the inevitable 

Edited by 8MileBU

30 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

There's nothing in between regional amateur leagues and the bottom of the pyramid, which is EOS level - other amateur clubs have made similar moves recently (Inverkeithing, Edinburgh South, plus Bo'ness Athletic and Syngenta in the Juniors). But it's not like they would be going into tier 6, it would be tier 7 or 8 which at the bottom end is close to amateur level anyway. Who knows, they might come in at tier 9 if they apply again next season.

The facilities look half decent to me, though enclosing the ground area and making it so you can't see in from outside will undoubtedly have been one of the issues. You can see the criteria here: https://www.eosfl.com/downloads/eosfl/EoSFL-Entry-Criteria.docx