New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

All 10 ex-Juniors plus Edinburgh College were accepted.

Any window left open for Edinburgh City Reserves if they sorted out their ground issue?

Will it be a 11 team Tier 8 Division for the new clubs? Much better to run the division with 12 teams if a late entry was accepted.

Wonder if Letham were told that they would be playing in a “West Lothian league” and decided to leave it until the linear structure was properly formed?

There still doesn’t seem to be any news on why they aren’t involved this season, only rumours surrounding their ground

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

Disappointed Syngenta won't be playing at Grangemouth Stadium. I'm guessing there's an issue with them playing there ar EOS level?

I'm sure athletics have priority use of the stadium which may be a stumbling block. Stenny will be desperate for cash so they would be more than happy to have a team to share with.

Edited by latapythelegend

Seen it said that Edinburgh College are sharing at Riccarton with Heriot-Watt.
Another hire a park and play team.

For me it should be a pre requisite that clubs have their own facilities on which they have 1st call upon.

12 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

For me it should be a pre requisite that clubs have their own facilities on which they have 1st call upon.

It is a pre-requisite of the EOS Criteria that you must provide written confirmation that you have access to your park at no less than 4 days notice. There are a couple of clubs who it seems don't meet that requirement.

23 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Pains me to do this but definitely agree (with a grace period factored in), which is why Letham getting knocked back looks like the wrong outcome relative to Syngenta in particular. Maybe the leniency this year was partly to make sure there would be no issue with Bo'ness and Grangemouth teams suddenly winding up in an emerging Highland League feeder. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

42 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Pains me to do this but definitely agree (with a grace period factored in), which is why Letham getting knocked back looks like the wrong outcome relative to Syngenta in particular. Maybe the leniency this year was partly to make sure there would be no issue with Bo'ness and Grangemouth teams suddenly winding up in an emerging Highland League feeder. 

You might not like it but groundsharing is common practice at this level of football. Syngenta in particular have know the consquences of not having things in order. Strange then to suggest some form of leniency in their case.

Considering their previous attempt got knocked back knowing they could end up in the East Juniors, why would the same EoS board and membership care they might end up in the Midlands League???