New clubs in the East of Scotland

2 hours ago, Che Dail said:

I'm thinking more immediate measurable impact, such as having Senior football home match-days every week in Bo'ness.  Pubs, shops and cafes could have Linlithgow Rose supporters visiting one week and Bonnyrigg Rose fans the next (to use 2 examples). 

I don't know about other Linlithgow Rose supporters, but when we've got a game in Bo'ness I arrive in time for kick-off and get the fk out of there as fast as possible after the game. 

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I don't know about other Linlithgow Rose supporters, but when we've got a game in Bo'ness I arrive in time for kick-off and get the fk out of there as fast as possible after the game. 

😅  Chased by police on horseback!

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm afraid that if you don't own the ground and your lease doesn't specifically exclude it from being rented to other clubs then you don't get to choose whether you approve of it or not.

Exactly,,, the higher the facility utilisation, the better it has to  e for everyone. Football /rugby grounds/stadiums must be the worst performing sector in terms of actual use. How many matches in a session  - 20 average 25 with a good cup run. So on the higher number it’s used for 2/3 hours every 14 days. Not a great use of sparse resources.

Maximise the utilisation - some German community owned senior clubs have the stadium in use 7/7. 

31 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Is it the close proximity of the ground to a particular place of worship that sees you hightailing it so urgently?? 

8358FC29-C749-4BAE-9A16-B50DC3AEEEB5.jpeg

0E8799B5-FBF1-4DFE-A6EF-04C3ADC8CF36.jpeg

Cretin.

Edited by 8MileBU

17 hours ago, GordonS said:

Why is it good enough for Roma, Lazio and the Italian international rugby team, but not Yoker and Clydebank? Or Club Brugge and Cercle Brugge, but not Falkirk and East Stirling?

How about women's teams sharing with men's sides? Glasgow City are the biggest club based at Petershill now and Celtic probably draw a bigger crowd to K Park than East Kilbride do.

IMO ground sharing is fine, especially in non-league, so long as the ground is in the communities of both clubs.

Just my opinion of new clubs trying to enter leagues without their own facilities, that's all. Don't mind a two year stint while they do their own grounds up etc. If a club loses its ground, but can share in its vicinity, then fair enough, that's a different argument. 

I saw a Bo'ness United Junior FC tweet that they had a visit from the EoSFL officials and their application for admission was being recommended.

It says that there will be a rebranding and details will follow in due course.

I know that Bo'ness Athletic FC has been mentioned as the new brand but my usually reliable source tells me it will be Bo'ness Thistle FC. Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, Krul and The Gang said:

Unsure if mentioned in previous pages but Edinburgh College will be joining the EoS league 

What do we know of Edinburgh College?

Ps, they will be joining subject to their application being approved.

31 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

What do we know of Edinburgh College?

Ps, they will be joining subject to their application being approved.

George Thomson will be managing them had some good players in college teams in previous years such as Robbie McIntrye (Edin City), Jamie Dishington (Edin City), Sean Stewart (Now of Berwick), Greg Binnie (Broxburn), Dean Ballantyne (Mussy) etc. Usually beat the Uni first teams in cup games and played in leagues with the unis 5/6 teams 

George won the 20s league a few years ago with Preston through signing a number of boys from the college on sports performance courses

Edited by Krul and The Gang

48 minutes ago, gaswork said:
2 hours ago, Krul and The Gang said:
Unsure if mentioned in previous pages but Edinburgh College will be joining the EoS league 

Farcial tin pot eosfl now confirmed

Wosfl has Glasgow uni. In England u have university of bath and probably loads more in their pyramid. You are a joke mate you and all your aliases 

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Wosfl has Glasgow uni. In England u have university of bath and probably loads more in their pyramid. You are a joke mate you and all your aliases 

Team Bath disbanded ten-ish years ago, but Loughborough Uni. compete at Step 5

15 minutes ago, Cornishman said:

Team Bath disbanded ten-ish years ago, but Loughborough Uni. compete at Step 5

Newcastle University play at Step 6 in the Northern League Division 2.

Plus, in this country Stirling and Edinburgh Universities already in Lowland, Heriot-Watt (and Stirling Uni reserves) in the EoSFL, Aberdeen University in the soon to be senior NRJFA and the aforementioned Glasgow Uni in the WoSFL. Rumours also of a UHI team in the near future.

Edited by Cyclizine

17 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Couldn't find any Unis or Colleges in the last couple of FA Trophys. For the FA Vase (Levels 9-10) you've got the likes of Newcastle Uni, Loughborough Uni, Solent Uni, New College Swindon.

2 hours ago, stanley said:

Any stranger than universities being part of the league?

Edinburgh and Glasgow Universities have been playing football  and taking part in the Scottish Cup and associated competitions for nearly 150 years.

Edinburgh University are the oldest team in the East of Scotland League and also have the hottest pies and delicious cakes so deserve some respect.