New clubs in the East of Scotland

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Then you recall incorrectly. I posted at length arguing that there should be a requirement for all new clubs to have their own grounds within a fixed period after initial entry to avoid absurdities like the BSC Alloa scenario.

Yeah, because the economics of Scottish football are in great shape and every club can afford to buy land and build their own ground. I would argue that ground sharing is actually the way forward for clubs, and should be looked at as a serious option to ensure their longevity.

Edited by Big Dougie

24 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Defintely not Harthill, they didn't apply.

Disappointed. 

That means it's fair game for some speculation!

To get into the EoS the ground needs to be a minimum standard or, at least there needs to be a plan to bring it up to standard so which grounds are available which may fit the bill?

If LTHV are off to Ainslie Road that frees up their Licence compliant ground unless an existing ambitious EoS club or two steps in first. There must be some LEA clubs which could meet the playing standard for the EoS but need a ground to match EoS standards .

In Fife, Leven United's ground looks close to the mark, at least via on-line maps. Maybe East Fife will also try to swap the Under 20's for the EoS, like Edinburgh City?

Duns has made more improvements to their ground and cannot be far off licence standard? Their neighbours at Greenlaw have a busy pre-season lined up and have gone public about their signings for next season. Their ground needs work though. Has Selkirk miraculously re-formed?

Maybe Sauchie will be ground-sharing again but, this time, with a non-Sauchie club? Didn't a Dunblane club show interest in playing there a season or two back?

Maybe a club which didn't get accepted in previous seasons will try again?

There are also some good EoS area clubs playing in the Caledonian Amateur and Central Scottish Amateur Leagues. One of those might easily fly under the radar.

Presumably Breadalbane are "stuck" with the Midlands League now, unless they're trying to beat the Midlnds League formation deadline? Would the EoS even consider them now?

Which other possibles are there?

Edited by Dev

11 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

Yeah, because the economics of Scottish football are in great shape and every club can afford to buy land and build their own ground. I would argue that ground sharing is actually the way forward for clubs, and should be looked at as a serious option to ensure their longevity.

There’s no doubt the economics argument alone is a very strong facilitator to ground sharing. A very sensible option - it’s worked in the past for some huge clubs - San Siro. I’m thinking that the BSC/Alloa example is more to do with the locale that BSC have chosen to play in. Perhaps there’s many reasons for not playing at, or sharing a ground or facility closer to their home patch. I don’t know the circumstances. It’s probably unique in playing 30 odd miles from their original base.

Edited by Malty Guy
£

43 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

There’s no doubt the economics argument alone is a very strong facilitator to ground sharing. A very sensible option - it’s worked in the past for some huge clubs - San Siro. I’m thinking that the BSC/Alloa example is more to do with the locale that BSC have chosen to play in. Perhaps there’s many reasons for not playing at, or sharing a ground or facility closer to their home patch. I don’t know the circumstances. It’s probably unique in playing 30 odd miles from their original base.

I can’t comment on the particular circumstances of BSC, but in general I think that there is almost an old fashioned view that exists at the lower levels of Scottish football, where ground sharing is viewed with disdain. As already stated, I think it may be the way forward for some clubs.

If a club like Harmony Row can apply for entry into senior football by using a 3G cage in Braehead for WoS, why is it that BSC Glasgow can't do much the same with the 3G cage at the Scotstoun sports centre that they have been using for some of their other teams?

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If a club like Harmony Row can apply for entry into senior football by using a 3G cage for WoS, why is it that BSC Glasgow can't do much the same with the 3G cage at the Scotstoun sports centre that they have been using for some of their other teams?

BSC Glasgow can't apply for entry into senior football because they're already invovled in senior football.

1 hour ago, Malty Guy said:

Coventry city have had to do it twice with Northampton and Birmingham. Brighton had to play at gillingham 

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If a club like Harmony Row can apply for entry into senior football by using a 3G cage in Braehead for WoS, why is it that BSC Glasgow can't do much the same with the 3G cage at the Scotstoun sports centre that they have been using for some of their other teams?

You know well enough they don't own Scotstoun, they don't run Scotstoun. They don't even play their Development team games there.

20 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Apart from everything else, like leases, my guess would be licensing.

BSC aren't a fair example of ground-sharing, they're a unique case. It's nice for a club to have their own ground but if they're sharing a ground in their own community then who cares. 

There has been ground sharing in the past in the EOSL:

Spartans/Craigroyston at City Park

Tollcross United/Edinburgh City at Dugshite Park, Fernieside. 

Both of those were grass pitches too, rather than 4G. 

Don't recall if this has been posted here or on the Under 20's thread but:

www.facebook.com/fauldhouseutdfanspage/photos/a.980031335372337/5411923035516456/?type=3&theater

10 April 2021
OFFICIAL STATEMENT
Fauldhouse United wish to announce our plan for the future, having applied to join the East of Scotland Football League and after a successful visit from the EofSFL inspection team to check our suitability and facilities against their entry criteria we are looking forward to our official acceptance from the league at the end of the month.
As part of our continued commitment for improvement we are delighted to announce the formation of a Fauldhouse United U20 Development squad who will play in the Lowland League. This will provide a pathway for young players to rogress to the senior ranks.
Development of young players is the future for our club and as such we are delighted to announce the appointment of Graham Love as Head Coach for the U20 Development squad.
Graeme has a wealth of experience gained from his professional / management career, and is the cornerstone of the club’s pathway plans to develop the community playing talent within the regional area.
Graeme stated “ I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to manage the player development pathway for Fauldhouse United. The continued development of the youth playing talent is a critical element for the success of the club moving forward which I am honoured to be part of.
These are exciting times for Fauldhouse United and the club’s application to the EoS league is testament to their ambitions with the development of pathway players a key commitment for the future”

As part of this structure Scott Weatherby has been appointed as General Manager with Fiona Flanagan as treasurer for the development squad to assist Graeme and his staff.
Billy Close Fauldhouse club Secretary commented” As a club we look forward to working with Graeme, his staff and supporting him in his new role”
Chris Mackie Manager of the senior team added “The development of talent has and always will have a major part to play in the success of the club. Having an experienced professional in Graeme leading this development is a major step in providing a pathway for youth players to the senior game and I am delighted to
welcome him on board.”
The Club would also like to express our support for Fauldhouse & Breich Valley Community Development Trusts project to establish a sports academy at the Eastfield Development Centre which will enhance all sports opportunities within Fauldhouse & Breich valley for all ages.

Any young players interested in joining our development squad should contact the club via our social media sites.
Yours in Sport

Alex Park
Chairman FUFC

Billy Close
Secretary FUFC

Dave Huddlestone
Director of Football FUFC

Albert Mancini, Andrea Gourlay and 2 others like this.

3 hours ago, Dev said:

Don't recall if this has been posted here or on the Under 20's thread but:

www.facebook.com/fauldhouseutdfanspage/photos/a.980031335372337/5411923035516456/?type=3&theater

10 April 2021
OFFICIAL STATEMENT
Fauldhouse United wish to announce our plan for the future, having applied to join the East of Scotland Football League and after a successful visit from the EofSFL inspection team to check our suitability and facilities against their entry criteria we are looking forward to our official acceptance from the league at the end of the month.
As part of our continued commitment for improvement we are delighted to announce the formation of a Fauldhouse United U20 Development squad who will play in the Lowland League. This will provide a pathway for young players to rogress to the senior ranks.
Development of young players is the future for our club and as such we are delighted to announce the appointment of Graham Love as Head Coach for the U20 Development squad.
Graeme has a wealth of experience gained from his professional / management career, and is the cornerstone of the club’s pathway plans to develop the community playing talent within the regional area.
Graeme stated “ I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to manage the player development pathway for Fauldhouse United. The continued development of the youth playing talent is a critical element for the success of the club moving forward which I am honoured to be part of.
These are exciting times for Fauldhouse United and the club’s application to the EoS league is testament to their ambitions with the development of pathway players a key commitment for the future”

As part of this structure Scott Weatherby has been appointed as General Manager with Fiona Flanagan as treasurer for the development squad to assist Graeme and his staff.
Billy Close Fauldhouse club Secretary commented” As a club we look forward to working with Graeme, his staff and supporting him in his new role”
Chris Mackie Manager of the senior team added “The development of talent has and always will have a major part to play in the success of the club. Having an experienced professional in Graeme leading this development is a major step in providing a pathway for youth players to the senior game and I am delighted to
welcome him on board.”
The Club would also like to express our support for Fauldhouse & Breich Valley Community Development Trusts project to establish a sports academy at the Eastfield Development Centre which will enhance all sports opportunities within Fauldhouse & Breich valley for all ages.

Any young players interested in joining our development squad should contact the club via our social media sites.
Yours in Sport

Alex Park
Chairman FUFC

Billy Close
Secretary FUFC

Dave Huddlestone
Director of Football FUFC

Albert Mancini, Andrea Gourlay and 2 others like this.

Great to see such a positive statement

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There has been ground sharing in the past in the EOSL:

Spartans/Craigroyston at City Park

Tollcross United/Edinburgh City at Dugshite Park, Fernieside. 

Both of those were grass pitches too, rather than 4G. 

And before that, Spartans and University at Canal Field, Craiglockhart.

5 hours ago, Dev said:

Wonder where they will play, as I don't think there's anywhere with lights in Fauldhouse?

Can somebody explain why the facilities at the current home of Rosyth FC are acceptable  for EOSFL football but Letham AFC is not. With reference to Google Maps their setups are very similar.

Edited by Pyramidic