New clubs in the East of Scotland

...but one side has played in since 1886 if you trace it back through one of the two clubs that amalgamated in 1945 to form Bo'ness United.

But that’s irrelevant as they still don’t own the ground, if the BUs owned the ground it would 100% be up to them but they don’t so their say is pretty limited. I don’t see any genuine reason they have to object to Bo’ness Athletic joining the league. They might not like a second club in the town but it’s not really their call BAFC will sink or swim depending on their board, fans and sponsors.

9 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

But that’s irrelevant as they still don’t own the ground, ...

It may not be relevant in terms of a box ticking exercise but we'll see whether EoS clubs think they should take the wishes of a fellow EoSFA member that can trace a history of using the ground back to 1886 into account when they vote on it. Ultimately the clubs get to decide based on a majority vote.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

It may not be relevant in terms of a box ticking exercise but we'll see whether EoS clubs think they should take the wishes of a fellow EoSFA member that can trace a history of using the ground back to 1886 into account when they vote on it. Ultimately the clubs get to decide based on a majority vote.

What that long time EOSFL member Bo’ness United who can trace their league membership history as far back as 2018?

Guessing that the ML will be in place by 21/22, and that the boundary lines have probably been sorted/agreed. There will always be clubs from difficult areas with clubs unhappy about travelling (to play football) . Hopefully the pyramid will settle down fairly quickly  to include a clear pathway for ambitious amateurs etc. Hypocrisy, double standards, sounds like any football committees since year dot.

On 10/04/2021 at 10:58, Burnieman said:

Well, the Tayside clubs are the ERJFA are they not?

They are at the mo'. AIUI the ERJFA are facilitating the new arrangements, but the new league will have its own committee, constitution etc. I don't see how they can be held to any "agreements" made by ERJFA.

Any word on a date for the new Midland League to become official? Assume it’ll need to be ratified by HL and SFA but hopefully that’s a formality. Interesting to see if the SFA and SPFL move the HL/LL boundary to match, small issues that there’s time to resolve. It’s great to see how far things have moved in the last few years. England are still making changes after all these years so no doubt we’ll be the same.

58 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If you take the point that you are making to the extreme you would not allow 2 EOS clubs to ground-share under any circumstances. However I do not recall you making any fuss last year when Edinburgh South reached agreement to ground-share with Dalkeith Thistle. I do not understand the hysteria against Bo’ness Athletic and in this case they will be using a 3G pitch and sharing with a higher league LL side.  Excellent facilities are available at Newtown Park and it makes sense to make the best use of them.

20 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

...However I do not recall you making any fuss last year when Edinburgh South reached agreement to ground-share with Dalkeith Thistle....

Then you recall incorrectly. I posted at length arguing that there should be a requirement for all new clubs to have their own grounds within a fixed period after initial entry to avoid absurdities like the BSC Alloa scenario.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Any word on a date for the new Midland League to become official? Assume it’ll need to be ratified by HL and SFA but hopefully that’s a formality. Interesting to see if the SFA and SPFL move the HL/LL boundary to match, small issues that there’s time to resolve. It’s great to see how far things have moved in the last few years. England are still making changes after all these years so no doubt we’ll be the same.

New leagues as part of the pyramid are ratified at the SFA agm.  Unfortunately I can’t give you a date for that, but it will be close season some time.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Then you recall incorrectly. I posted at length arguing that there should be a requirement for all new clubs to have their own grounds within a fixed period after initial entry to avoid absurdities like the BSC Alloa scenario.

Are you against ground shares completely? If so I’m not sure why, if it’s about security then you need to change the rules for every club, currently clubs only need to show the have use of the ground for the next year(I think that goes up to 5 if you want a silver license) if it’s a point of principle I’m even more confused, Do you believe playing in a stadium nobody else uses is somehow noble? 

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Bo'ness Athletic have presumably passed board scrutiny and will be put to members at the SGM. I'd be surprised if they were rejected.

There can’t be many occasions where members have rejected applicants the board are happy with.  Glenrothes strollers and syngenta possibly, but they were more the board recommending to the applicants they might not be suitable and those clubs pushing through anyway.  

52 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

New leagues as part of the pyramid are ratified at the SFA agm.  Unfortunately I can’t give you a date for that, but it will be close season some time.

Are you against ground shares completely? If so I’m not sure why, if it’s about security then you need to change the rules for every club, currently clubs only need to show the have use of the ground for the next year(I think that goes up to 5 if you want a silver license) if it’s a point of principle I’m even more confused, Do you believe playing in a stadium nobody else uses is somehow noble? 

There can’t be many occasions where members have rejected applicants the board are happy with.  Glenrothes strollers and syngenta possibly, but they were more the board recommending to the applicants they might not be suitable and those clubs pushing through anyway.  

Whereas St Bernards didn't proceed with their application, after taking EoSL advice.

In a recent post on this thread Burnieman wrote that there were only 10 Lothian clubs on the accepted list. He also mentioned Edinburgh City Reserves so that would be 11 of the 12.

With mentions on the WoS threads of applications from maybe more than one Argyll and Bute club (whether or not they'll get in? Who knows?). Club 12 now also knows that they won't have to go up to play the north of Tay Bridge clubs so that could also make a difference. 

I wonder if club 12 is old friends from Harthill? Harthill isn't in West Lothian so wouldn't be in the 10 Lothian clubs.

It would be good to see them in the EoS.

Edited by Dev

4 minutes ago, Dev said:

In a recent post on this thread Burnieman wrote that there were only 10 Lothian clubs on the accepted list. He also mentioned Edinburgh City Reserves so that would be 11 of the 12.

With mentions on the WoS threads of applications from maybe more than one Argyll and Bute club (whether or not they'll get in? Who knows?). Club 12 now also knows that they won't have to go up to play the north of Tay Bridge clubs so that could also make a difference. 

I wonder if club 12 is old friends from Harthill? Harthill isn't in West Lothian so wouldn't be in the 10 Lothian clubs.

It would be good to see them in the EoS.

Defintely not Harthill, they didn't apply.